Why don't you like pop, Sup Forums?

Why don't you like pop, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lwnoSeiAFSY
youtube.com/watch?v=ksSyVz1tI3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=DfI6SS3DL_g
nuxn.com/genre/pop
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

top40 is trash, the only good pop music is the one that's not popular.

sure

youtube.com/watch?v=lwnoSeiAFSY

Because im a Real Musician

Couldnt care less about "singers" unless they write/play their own music

I like pop cause I'm not a close-minded fuck and I find ways to appreciate most genres, but christ, intense pop fans are a cyst on the industry. I'm talking the type of people that make fan Twitter accounts for their favorite average ass singer and spend their whole time retweeting blind praise and talking shit about other average ass singers by comparing sales.

>lol lady gaga went double cardboard
>lol miley cyrus doesn't even have a grammy, meghan trainor does
>#BuySingleOnITunes trending at #3 on Twitter

I think a lot of discussions on here get pretty bad, but y'all haven't seen anything until you see pop cunts try to argue over music.

i do, it makes up most of my listening

>Greatest Hits

I like certain types

youtube.com/watch?v=ksSyVz1tI3Y

I do like pop tho.

I love pop music, Deschannel Famicom-senpai.

how's middle school?

>I like pop cause I'm not a close-minded
how is disliking pop being close-minded.

>not listening to borns

Aye the fans (not using that s word) are rabid and some of them are fucking cretinous. The bickering is ridiculous, they lap shit up like @theshadyfacts so they can get a good old fan war on.

>"yaaaaaas slaaaaaay x"
>"x is better than your faves"
>"imagine listening to flopx, can't relate"

absolute trash.

I like Thriller, I don't care WHO'S BAD

obvious b8/100

kill yourself you mentally ill dick sucking faggot

>Had to pay Eddie Van Halen for a solo
>Its a throw away solo
>Everybody so impressed

This is what i mean..just go listen to sum Van Halen

>Van Halen is good

found the smelly virgin who's going to end up with a trailer trash bitch and two retard babies

sounds comfy. i'd least will have friends and family to take care of.

>friends
keep dreaming your taste already indicates that you're a waste

4/8 you gotta put in some effort

Calm down, you'll pass out in this weather. :)

Did you have fun last night you pozzed faggot?

least i'll have friends and a family.

everybody knows you're crying because of your terrible future right now

Heat getting to ya? Try having a nice, cool shower, wash the stink off, you'll feel marvelous afterwards! Just trying to help! :)

least i'll have a future. you'll be living in the past

WOAH SUCH A GOOD COMEBACK PART 2

Who the fuck is Van Halen lmao

>dismissing an entire genre
>not closed-minded

Oh yes, I'm sure you and the thousands of other "real musicians" had the same thought in University. Tell me how far your edgy thought process gets you when you're trying to plug your pretentious bullshit in the share thread. There's actual musicianship that goes into Pop music, and it because they're not using sharp 9 flat 13 chords and noodling on an instrument doesn't mean it isn't good. You're absolutely ignorant for thinking you're a real musician, because there are plenty of "real" musicians that contribute to a lot of Pop music today.

>'b-but we ARE Real Music ppl"

The fact youre so defensive about speaks volumes..

Maybe if they wrote 'most' of their music ...id prefer if they wrote all of it

But ya think boybands were real musicians too

underground pop is better

retard

But it takes an actual musician to write the songs. Yes I get it that the front man doesn't write their own songs, but a good majority of Pop goes unnoticed and people seem to forget about the greats of today like Bruno Mars. You wanna talk about real musicians, get in that band. I shit post just like everyone else on this board, but I hate when people act like Pop music doesn't take some level of competence to write. If there wasn't somebody in the background writing the memorable hooks for Backstreet Boys or One Direction, then they would be nothing. I just appreciate the actual talent that goes into Pop music, and not just boy bands but all of it

DAMN.

>But it takes an actual musician to write the songs.
not true. Nowadays anyone can write and produce a song, creating a song that is bearable to the ear is easy, creating ''good music'' isn't (most of the times).
That said, pop songs are generally just bearable to the ear, and some of them aren't even that. It's actually quite easy to ''create'' a catchy melody, after that you just need a typical 4/4 beat, and a voice that isn't terrible, and you ca get a pop song like this.

But hey why don't yo tell us what pop is actually good on your taste user? We don't know what you¡re talking about

btw i not the same user

I do. They Might Be Giants is one of my favorite bands. Apollo 18 and Lincoln are incredible.

youtube.com/watch?v=DfI6SS3DL_g

Because every pop album ever? nuxn.com/genre/pop

Okay, let's use one of the best pop albums to date, Michael Jackson's Thriller. So much effort and talent went into that record, just production alone. When I listen to a pop record, I'm not just listening to the hook, even though it's one of the most important things. Every moment on that album is solid due to its instrumentation and its performance. The way the sounds are captured are very pleasing and have such a unique quality to them that I have yet to find an album that can match its quality. You mean to tell me that anybody can write and produce those songs?

It's the same way that anybody can play Jazz. Yes anybody can play Jazz, but what separates Miles Davis from a high schooler? Anybody has the potential to become the next greatest thing, but it's really up to their knowledge and understanding. People put a lot of effort into making good pop music. I may have a lack of knowledge on what is in the Top 40's, and I absolutely hate Chainsmokers, so I get your point. I am just choosing to take a more optimistic approach to a genre of music that I really like.

Let's use a more modern take, Bruno Mars. Yes, he may be an outlier because he writes his own songs, but there is still an intricate delicacy in his production is something that, for me personally, keeps me coming back.

I'd argue that yes, it is easy to write a hook, but in order to be a successful hook is something that only a master can do. I also like Carly Rae Jepsen, and sure she gets memed to death because of Fantano, but I think that there's just an aesthetic quality to her music that only production and "actual" musicians could have captured.

It's okay for people to say that they don't subjectively like a genre of music because it is objectively not the most complicated, but when they dismiss it because they are "actual" musicians is when it's just flat out wrong.

I get your point, but I see a difference between Thriller and bruno mars for them to be in the same genre.

My problem with Pop is that I don't really see it as a genre (don't get me wrong i like m.jackson). I feel that this genre is just a mashup of everything that got really famous between the masses, that isn't clearly another genre (like sex pistols is punk, or The melvins)

What is pop user? Wht caracteristics are common in Thriller, bruno mars, carly rae jepsen, rihanna, etc?
I mean, is there a musical technique, tempo, vibe, emotion etc, that is represented in all Pop music?

I'm not being smug or anything, but for me, Pop music is what really escapes my knowledge, there's something in nearly every track that sends me back, but there are a few good things of course, just like any type of music.

I agree with you, in the same way that I have a gripe with what is Jazz. There's so much of a difference between Bebop and Fusion that it's insane people put them in the same category. So I tend to think of Pop as a mind-set, in that they are making music that is in a formula associated with what's already been established with Pop music in the past. There's just a certain quality, whether it be chord changes or form of a song, that define it as Pop in my book. There are so many subgenres withing other major genres, but in my opinion Pop music gets the short end of the stick because it's just what the artist tends to pull from other genres to create something from the masses. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I feel like we'd need somebody who would know a lot more about what they are talking about than a shit poster like me. There may be no one definite answer since it's just an association I've built up listening to music, but that's the best answer I can come up with.

Also, you're not smug, it's nice that somebody is challenging my thoughts and opinions.