Decide to finally listen to some Kendrick Lamar, after being praised by Sup Forums and Fantano

>decide to finally listen to some Kendrick Lamar, after being praised by Sup Forums and Fantano
>listen to it
>sounds just like a generic top 10 hip-hop act

Why do you people like this?

white guilt
america's obsession with black approval

because it sounds just like a generic top 10 hip-hop act

if you're listening to DAMN., yeah

These

2014 was the year that black people could officially do nothing wrong anymore. Kendrick just had good timing and rode that wave

that's also relevant to most of his stuff except for some songs on TPAB and UU

Because generic top 10 hip-hop is still better than whatever the indie scene is pumping out these days

White-guilt

Because it's mainly the lyrics and the conceptual nature of his albums that make the difference

Why are redpillers/hicks so obsessed with hating blacks?

You sound like a wigger.

I'd say he's always had a lot of pop appeal, but GKMC is mostly not top 10-oriented, save for Poetic Justice, Swimming Pools, Money Trees, etc.

nobody here is "obsessed" with black people
it's just that Sup Forums is a white man's board so people speak frankly about niggers
if you don't like it you can leave

The indie scene is undeniably saturated with shit music right now, it doesn't matter what race the people making top 40 music are, it's still better than the indie scene, and if you somehow started to get more blacks making indie music that wouldn't automatically improve it

>The indie scene is undeniably saturated with shit music right now
>he says this while trying to defend generic top 40 hip hop

like at that point they may as well have said that all music is shit

>GKMC is mostly not top 10-oriented
are you retarded?
literally every song on that album is pop rap with somewhat conscious lyrics
he became mainstream with that album

yes, because The Art of Peer Pressure really gets the white suburban teens goin at their shitty house parties

>white suburban teens goin at their shitty house parties
you have some narrow idea of what pop rap is

I like some of To pimp a butterfly after listening to it a few times yesterday
I agree though that it seems people only praise him for being a lyrical and musical genius because he talks about being a black guy and racist popo, kind of underwhelming considering memetano's 10 rating

If that is what you would call someone like that then what is a black person called if they act White?

A normal human being.

>act white
you mean civilised?

Macklemore and Kid Cudi are pop rap with somewhat conscious lyrics that would be playing at shitty house parties hosted by white suburban teens, at least the ones I know

>that would be playing at shitty house parties hosted by white suburban teens
you have some narrow idea of what pop rap is
also you can't read well, but that's not surprising since you're into rap

Is Macklemore and [early and recent*] Kid Cudi not pop rap, or are you so lost in your shitty Sup Forumscore records that you forgot what pop sounded like?

>Is Macklemore and [early and recent*] Kid Cudi not pop rap
you definitely can't read properly if you think that's what I could possibly mean with my posts, seek hel

>are you so lost in your shitty Sup Forumscore records that you forgot what pop sounded like
imagine being this ignorant and deluded you think that kendrick lamar is not pop rap
if he wasnt pop he wouldnt be that popular ffs, he's easily top 5 biggest rappers on the planet right now

I'm not denying he's a pop rapper, I claimed it about DAMN. You're just implying MOST of his work is pop rap, which is just plain wrong since he has both a gangsta rap and funk/soul-based rap album under his belt

>You're just implying MOST of his work is pop rap, which is just plain wrong since he has both a pop rap and pop rap album under his belt

I feel like most people cite the lyrics when they look for reasons why Kendrick Lamar is good.

I like him for his general songwriting. Songs like Institutionalized or untitled 02 go through so many phases over the course of like 4 minutes. There's something so colorful and engaging about the way he structures songs and albums. I sometimes listen to a song by Kendrick Lamar, then to a different rap song by a different artist and I get immediately bored because nothing's happening with the beat and the rapper just plows verse-chorus-verse through the track without changing a lot.
That's the kind of hip hop that I find exhausting. KL is not the only one who does it differently, but he DOES do it differently, which is why I like him.

Plus, a great vocal talent, see untitled 02 or u.

Tfw met xxtenacion

Guess which one is me

this is shopped right?

>white people
>black people
disgusting

imagine being this ignorant and deluded you can't even bother to pick up on what makes pop rap and try to discuss it, lmao try harder cuck

>BOOBOO

The cute one on the left

Look at me

how will he recover from this

all kendrick songs: "I hate myself"

where the fuck does white guilt come into it retard

>lmao try harder cuck
You're the one protecting Kendrick Lamar though.

>cuck
sure, he's the cuck, notthe guy who thinks funk based gangsta rap can not be pop rap.

looks like a photo from 10 years ago

>hook to i
>"i love myself"

Outside of semantics there is not a single difference between pop rap and the shit you're talking about you snivelling retard. You sound like the kind of guy that tags music as avant garde if it has a time signature other than 4/4.

i actually take back my statements in regard to TPAB, i forgot the back-end of that album, take care stranger

po po wanna kill us fo sho

Sup Forums full of anti-mainstream. Don't listen to DAMN

This make him really likable in my opinion. It's kind of like a guy who walks through disneyland dressed as a disney villain, he looks dangerous because of his character but kids can still come up to him aand sit on his lap and shit and take photos and he's all cool with that because his whole thing is just a character

>BOO BOO

Like that's an accomplishment

>he looks dangerous

How short do you have to be to think xxxtra small looks "dangerous"

Do you actually think a guy in a disney villain costume looks dangerous?

Good job missing the point but at least you got a good hit on that dead horse in.

Found the manlet

disney characters are aimed at children

Hahahaha cringe

I enjoy Kendrick Lamar's music. Crazy, I know.

You're a pleb, crazy I know.

Shit taste

but everyone loved GKMC when on release

Holy shit that IS crazy.

>plebs
>people

Pick 1 you pelican

You legitimately haven't listened to enough shitty hip-hop. Go fucking listen to another song guest starring Sean Paul before you say that Kendrick is generic.

Gotta love how instead of the natural reaction being that opinions differ, Sup Forums immediately blames it on a supposed white guilt that 90% of listeners subconsciously have.

>You need to listen to the worst hip hop to be able to appreciate the mediocre
All this post says to me is that hip hop is a shitty genre

We don't.

It's because his music is pro black. You would never see niggers listening to pro white music

Only the cuckold white race puts other people interests before their own

Its not just circlejerking black pride, he questions of the general consensuses of the black community in Blacker the Berry for example. I don't know why you think the entire album is all about race, only a small part is about racial issues.

nazis criticises the white community too. It doesn't make them any less pro white and I wouldn't expect a black person would enjoy music related to those topics

Only white people are stupid enough to cuck them in these ways. Kendrick is a genius he created a whole new generation of white guilt virtue signallers

That's because it is.

TPAB isn't that great if you've listened to a decent amount of jazz. I mean for real, what plebs call a great album. I really enjoyed GKMC and UU but TPAB was pretty meh. DAMN sucked except for Pride.

>sounds just like a generic top 10 hip-hop act

That's because you listened to the most popular tracks like Poetic Justice, Alright and etc.

GKMC is far from generic, so is TPAB because jazz rap is far from top 40.

DAMN is his most generic album but even there many songs have crazy beat changes that no other mainstream rapper does.

You sound like an easily impressed child.