The Mars Volta - Frances The Mute thread

The Mars Volta - Frances The Mute thread
i'm trying to figure out the story line by line. i just started, but im going to dump all the background info and artwork i have on the album. i hope people will provide some stuff that i dont have. also im struggling finding interviews for frances the mute. articles and videos welcome. please and thanks. lets get this thread going.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VUBQLnEGHNk
youtube.com/watch?v=JphZtpafdKY
youtube.com/watch?v=smt34ZmeczQ
mega.nz/#!u8RGVYra!6TnjAeIzaiOh1i9-zOMi_z5bXHBqC25i01_gbbEOSvI
verbicidemagazine.com/2006/11/07/interview-cedric-bixler-zavala-of-the-mars-volta/
mega.nz/#!K1QHFJqL!UGuhY-_xzHkxVmUAN9PZGRGJQ13Vq6m3B7ubmM3ZEoY
mega.nz/#!y8Y2FaDa!WXz4koBRc-nHQ9kuE4aV1FleNVnRelklf7Ij1EBFZlQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

music videos for the album:
the widow:
youtube.com/watch?v=VUBQLnEGHNk
L'Via L'Viaquez:
youtube.com/watch?v=JphZtpafdKY

already downloaded the max resolution from youtube-dl and also have a widow dvd video, but the quality is still poor. does anyone know where i could get my hands on a hi resolution copy of the widow and l'via video? (L'Via is more important as it has a lot of the inspired artwork for the album in the video from une semaine de bonte and the dvine comedy)

album cover obviously

shown in the l'via video. in the beginning and end there appears to be 3 of them. dont know if thats a significance to the story. perhaps to the lyric in cassandra gemini "and his multiple sons with their mandible tonges set crucified fires to pretrified homes"

bump because i have yet to hear the record but planned on doing so in the next 24 hours

also in the L'Via video you see this birdman

youtube.com/watch?v=smt34ZmeczQ here is the full album, or i could upload a vinyl rip which has better quality than the cd version. the loud parts are slightly distorted while the vinyl version nothing is distorted. the louds are loud and the lows are low. i recommend that version. also, the youtube video has the songs and movements, though i am not sure if the movements are correctly timestamped.

the 5th track on the cd (technically the 6th song becuase frances the mute the song was not on the album) cassandra gemini (cassandra meaning to shine upon men or she who entangles men, gemini meaning twin). i think this imagery represents that. theres also a theory that vismund and cassandra are twins. i think cassandra dies in the song frances the mute and vismund is concieved from the stabbing (lyrics from cassandra gemini).

this is an image they used and stuck their logo on it and called it combustion.

a google translated version of the combustion.

for cygnus....vismund cygnus

movement c.

i think this has relation to miranda that ghost just isn't holy anymore, movement c. picasis and perhaps cassandra gemini 25 wives in the lake.

this was on one of their frances the mute era posters while on tour. i imagine it has something to do with "you cant bend your crooked arms" from cassandra gemini.

>]

mega.nz/#!u8RGVYra!6TnjAeIzaiOh1i9-zOMi_z5bXHBqC25i01_gbbEOSvI
heres a WAV version of the album. everything is ripped from the vinyl, except the song "frances the mute" if i ever get rip the title track myself, i'll upload but im holding out until i get a good record player.

frances the mute (the song) lyrics

cygnus lyrics

the widow lyrics

L'Via lyrics
(side note the name "elvia" means blond) i find this interesting because in the lyrics for the song frances the mute it says "blond underneath a blackened hair" so i wonder if L'Via and everyone else involved in the cult/ritual or whatever they do (sounds like Frances was nearly murdered when vismund was conceived, which i believe takes place in the song frances the mute) were blackmailed (even says in the song L'Via), so L'Via dyes her hair? or maybe frances dyes her hair black, but it seems like cedric chose the name L'Via L'Viaquez for a reason. however i do not know what Viaquez or the quez is for.

Miranda lyrics
her name means wonderful and admirable
in the L'Via song it says "L'Via daughter of Miranda" so either shes by blood the mother of L'Via, or she has the mother title in the church. im not religious nor has it ever interested me, so i do not know anything about religions, nuns, priests, clergy, mothers, sisters, ect

Cassandra gemini lyrics
so cassandra means to entagle men or shine upon men. gemini means twin. i think cedric mispelled gemini as geminni on the cd version on purpose to over emphasize the twin theory, but i do realize im probably just over looking into things.
also, theres a lyric in here that says

"she fell for the whispers
sister flooded deaf tears
that night tore a river
in her baron womb mirror
and his multiple sons with their mandible tongues
set crucified fires to petrified homes...
let it burn
and the owls they were watching
and the owls didn't care
then the owls came a knocking
placenta in their stares
they will feed on all the carnage
leftover from the flood
and in the corner of their eyes
fled sister l'via

now the pieces went floating
reflecting all at dusk
conceived from the stabbing
was vismund cygnus"

notice how theres a movement in the song frances the mute where its whispered. i wonder if the lyric above references that "she fell for the whispers"

sister flooded deaf tears, and fled sister L'Via. think shes a nun? or sister of Frances or Vismund?
if shes a blood relative sister of frances, that makes miranda, frances mother, and vismunds grandmother.
any help would be great. im stumped guys.

always wondered why a skull in the previous picture and flowers in this one

one of my favorite albums

mine too man. its so damn good.

would anyone happen to know any info on the devils mask?

you like any other volta albums?

nice collection, and thanks for this rip.
I can't really add much to this thread, all I have is this this interview from wikipedia about some of their inspiration verbicidemagazine.com/2006/11/07/interview-cedric-bixler-zavala-of-the-mars-volta/

hell yeah, de-loused is amazing as well. it's close to frances in quality for me, really. other than that i've only heard amputechture, which i thought was great too. is any of their other stuff worth listening to?

thanks man. i wish i had more money to own it all, but sadly had to settle for whatever i could grab. was a starving artist when i was doing my collecting, failed as an artist and had to get a real job. now the merchandise is so expensive and i have more important bills to pay.

well, i'm biased, i love them all. but i'd rank em
frances>deloused>amputechture>tremulant>bedlam in goliath>noctorniquet>octahedron

scabdates is a album that has take the veil cerpin taxt, concertina, and a 40 minute version of cicatriz. definitely check it out. also, their live set at maida vale which consists of eriatarka (a live jam obelisk 30 min) and a 25 min version of cicatriz, its almost better than anything they've released. if anyones interested i'll upload.

for omars solo stuff, check out se dice bisonte no bufalo, a manual dexterity, solar gambling, calibration.

oh and most of all, check out el grupo nuevo de omar rodriguez cryptomnesia, you will not be disappointed

thank you for the link to the interview, i have already seen it but i appreciate it.

awesome, thanks man

sorry to hear about that, keep it up my man

thanks

i'll upload a few of my favourite shows. i think they are all soundboard recordings. im a big fanboy of the live cicatriz 30 minute jams.

this is a soundboard recording. unfortunately the only recording of this that surfaced was in mp2 format, however the quality is still good. theres 3 tracks, eriatarka, obelisk (a 30 minute jam), and cicatriz. definitely worth checking out

mega.nz/#!K1QHFJqL!UGuhY-_xzHkxVmUAN9PZGRGJQ13Vq6m3B7ubmM3ZEoY

inside bedlam vinyl

whoa quints with the deloused book.

alright im heading off to bed. i wanted to upload more shows tonight but my upload speed is severly slow. if this thread is still up tomorrow i'll post 2 other soundboard shows. for now, heres one that is an audience recording but sounds like a soundboard. have a goodnight Sup Forumstants if anyone is still around

mega.nz/#!y8Y2FaDa!WXz4koBRc-nHQ9kuE4aV1FleNVnRelklf7Ij1EBFZlQ