Is this accurate?

Is this accurate?

Other urls found in this thread:

nuxn.com/search/vaporwave
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No
Blank Banshee and vaportrap in general are aesthetically impure; they're an awkward mishmash of the ethereal retrofuturistic tone of vaporwave, and the brittle, crisp and grounded tone of modern hip-hop

What do you think should replace it?

What the fuck
Why is 21 Pilots there?

dunno, but this chart is fucked either way because one of the squares is a self-contradiction (vaporwave is just an aesthetic but has no set aesthetic, therefore everything is vaporwave)

see

Yeah that's why I put twenty one pilots there

its a punchline

replace blurryface with tyranny and it'll be better

consider another method then

also, the first two vertical lines should be merged, because the "classic style" IS centered around decades past. Vaporwave is traditionally focused on the sound and aesthetics of the 80s and 90s

Is Floral Shoppe good? I cannot tell because whenever I talk to other people about it they just meme.

I don't find it good

it's kind of gaudy and clumsily arranged

The classic style is pastel colors and japanese characters. AKA everything popularized by the cover art of floral shoppe

i like it. the first 3 and last 2 tracks especially.

that's the wrong way to look at it. The visual aesthetics of vaporwave aren't simply a combination of heterogenous gimmicks, and Floral Shoppe isn't more visually "pure" than Dream Sequins, for example.

Floral Shoppe's cover art is meant to look like a crude early digital rendition of new wave aesthetics, because that's fundamentally what vaporwave is about. The fact that it uses japanese characters and pastel colors doesn't make it "more pure" than an album that uses darker tones and roman letters to convey the same thing.

2 8 1 4 isn't really focused on decades past, it's much more futuristic, honestly

You sound like an aesthetic moderate

I'm not. I'm very strict about that approach of vaporwave's aesthetics and I consider that stuff like far side virtual doesn't fit it

nuxn.com/search/vaporwave

2 8 1 4 is not vaporwave, it never was. Its fucking fucking ambient music.

You sound like a method purist/moderate

You sound like a faggot that just got into the scene..

>making an infographic just to viral you're shitty bandcamp album

Fuck off eric

i agree, but it belongs on the chart

took me ages to get into it but its great

>therefore everything is vaporwave

You've become enlightened.

I enjoy it, even if it isn't as complex as other albums. 数学 Is my personal favorite track.