Wait wtf this is actually really good

Yeah, no shit, dude.

yeah.
i know he gets shit on here a lot, but patton's pretty consistently good imo.

>patton's pretty consistently good imo.
I don't know about that. I checked out Faith No More after getting into Mr. Bungle, and it just sounded like generic 90s altbutt metal. Not even Patton could save it. At least he went on to do Fantomas and Tomahawk.

The use of musique concrete elements is borderline genius on California.

Overrated. Plebs think they've found jesus when they first listen to it.

Alright, you're going to need to explain what some of these elements are exactly. Someone (maybe you) mentioned this in another Bungle thread but it wasn't made totally clear as to what they are.

i dont understand why you're shilling this

Top fucking kek
what's next, musique concrère in Disturbed albums?

>Musique concrète, (French: “concrete music”), experimental technique of musical composition using recorded sounds as raw material. The technique was developed about 1948 by the French composer Pierre Schaeffer and his associates at the Studio d’Essai (“Experimental Studio”) of the French radio system. The fundamental principle of musique concrète lies in the assemblage of various natural sounds recorded on tape (or, originally, on disks) to produce a montage of sound. During the preparation of such a composition, the sounds selected and recorded may be modified in any way desired—played backward, cut short or extended, subjected to echo-chamber effects, varied in pitch and intensity, and so on. The finished composition thus represents the combination of varied auditory experiences into an artistic unity.

What? Do you also not understand what musique concrete is?
>Musique concrète makes the attempt to create music while relying mainly on environmental/real-world sounds and noises, though it can also use recordings of human voice and various instruments. Those sounds can be transformed (sometimes to the point the original source is unrecognizable) and are given certain musical qualities thanks to repetition, rhythmization, contrapuntal layering or other formal techniques.

Angel Dust is pretty inventive for an alt-metal of the early 90's imo.

And yes, Cali is good. But Disco Volante is the superior Bungle record.

Point out some examples of this in the album.

I still like Cali better but Disco has Carry Stress, which is my favourite Mr. Bungle song of all time.

I understand perfectly what musique concrète is, but you don't apparently. This doesn't even has a single part of it.
Just because a few tracks have a 2 seconds excerpt of environmental-produced sounds, doesn't make it musique concrète.

I didn't claim the whole album is muqie concrète though.
>The use of musique concrete elements

That's like saying "the use of ambient elements" because a song has a 10 second intro with nature sounds

Where are you even going with this? Are we going to derail the thread by playing word games?

Just realize how stupid it is to say that California has musique concrète elements

Not in the strictest sense, I agree with that.

Meant to reply to:

Angel Dust is better than any bungle album imo. KFADFFAL is pretty good too.

>angle dust
>generic 90s altmetal

Name some of the best songs from Angel Dust to help me get into it.

Mr. Bungle is a top tier band desu

Crack Hitler is my favorite. Kind of funk/disco metal
Jizzlobber is crazy. Insane screams from Patton.
Everything ruined is great.
A small victory is a good art metal song.
Kindergarten is this dark, sociopathic sounding song
Basically listen to the whole album.