Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d9EbGd1AlMg
youtube.com/watch?v=CWtuKm6C1Sw
m.youtube.com/watch?v=-S7WWRqEHic
youtube.com/watch?v=oxdLult6YKU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes

Yes.

yes, the first season has some shit throwaway episodes but what sci-fi can't you say that about.

season 2-4 is GOAT.

5 is hit and miss.

It's this thick and gooey soup of space fantasy, it's epic man

Does the Pope shit in the woods?

It's basically a glorified ad for bill clinton presidential campaign. Also the cast is really fucked up IRL for some reason.

It was when it aired, not sure about now though.

>tfw I was the only person in my school to watch it and had no one to talk to about it

Fun fact: they're all dead.

Not all dead, but either dead or alcoholic or nuts.

the ghost of gene roddenberry is picking off everyone invloved for being better than star trek.

How fucking atrocious ST has to be for being worse than this?

It's not it just a joke

Yes
youtube.com/watch?v=d9EbGd1AlMg

>Tfw Based Bruce Boxleitner can't catch a break

Was anyone else bothered by what happened to Garibaldi towards end of the series? He went from being a cool chill head of security to an alcoholic edgy whining baby who hated everyone. I don't have a problem with that dynamic in the character being exhibited specifically for a temporary period, i just didn't like that it was a permanent change. The character deserved way better than that.

Is a duck's ass water tight?

I downloaded all of this illegally and I still haven't watched it. I loved deep space nine and from what I've heard it's kind of similar to that, should I delve in?

Bester basically raped him and he never fully recovered from it.

Just watch DS9

The londo mollari show with special guests Rebo and Zooty

yeah, it's not the greatest show ever like it's fanboys will insist upon but it's a good sci-fi series if you can trudge through season 1 and the beginning of season 5

You would be a fool not to, even more so considering you've already downloaded it. A lot of fans of one show hate the other out of principal, but both shows are great, and I don't see how someone could like one, but not the other, aside from blind loyalty.

take all of the stuff that made DS9 different from TNG and increase it by like 300%. that's B5

Yeah i know, I'm just saying it would have been nice if he did. Bester was a great character too. The Telepath centric episodes were some of the best of the series. They should have explored Lytas character sooner on the show too.

its like a novel
more so than any other series sci fi or otherwise desu desu

>it's a like a novel

and 90% of the first season is like a weird coke fueled foreword

RIP Citizen G'Kar

"Yes." - Kosh

I just posted one of the best quotes.

Just watch it OP

They practically stole DS9 from the creator of B5.

This or Battlestar Galactica?

Close, but the actual quote is:

Y̱͎̳̱̙̒̆͌̈̆̀ͯḜͨ̈́̅̂͐ͫS̒̊ͭ̾ͣ̽̈́

It is the closest we have gotten to syndicated space opera.

Well worth the watch.

Just watch Lord of the Rings and imagine the events in space with (literally) the worst CGI of all time.

Imagine DS9.

Now remove 90% of the soap opera shit and any of TNG that leaked into it.

B5 is legitimate science fiction on a scale that Star Trek never really got to, the writing is a lot more serious, a lot less childish.

The early CG is nostalgic but it gets better as the seasons go by.

Prosthetics alien design, and spacecraft design/realism/combat absolutely blow Star Trek the fuck out.

There was a chart posted last time that showed which episode is good and/or important and which is shit.

why are Babylon 5 fanboys so autistic that the only way they can praise the show is to try to belittle Star Trek? is it because the show's borderline forgotten?

Because B5 is an autistic show where as ST is an idiotic show

>A lot less childish

youtube.com/watch?v=CWtuKm6C1Sw

It's incredible and timeless.

As someone who finished marathoning all five seasons a couple of days ago, I'd say yes.

It's one hell of a ride and seasons 2-4 are literally perfect.

Hell yes.

Around here it never had a consistent air time. Its a miracle I managed to catch all the episode during the original run.

she was a hottie

too bad she took the BVC real hard

Yes, yes it truly is

G'Kar and Londo's bromantic frenemy relationship is fucking amazing, it's pure 10/10 sci-fi kino.

> cg gets better

Maybe... but the lower resolution of all the scenes containing cg just makes all the cg look bad.

Y͖̩͓̱͎̪̼ou ạr̺͇̤e̡̹̭͓ ̹̮n̫̹̬̹ơ̲͔̹͎̩̯͓t̢̹͈ ͡r̩̭̥̗͔̠e̬̻̜̻̩͍a̝͝d͈͙̮̜y̺̲͟ ͈͚͖̤̣̭̜f͏̹͍o̰̳̼͇̤r̵͕̟̘̭͕̮ ̶̘̼i͡m̹͕̗̀m̛̺̰̳̻ͅo̡̯̗̤̠̮̩ͅrta͈l̦͖̟̥͕̪̪͠i͖̤͖͚̳͈t̬̣͘y͏͎.̡͔̝̝̻

m.youtube.com/watch?v=-S7WWRqEHic

>When I look at you, Ambassador, I see a great hand, reaching out of a star. The hand is your hand, and all around I hear millions of voices crying your name.
>My followers?
>Your victims.

Why hasn't this show received an hd remaster with redone special effects, if even one fro. The fan community.

Maybe I missed it but what was the reason for Sheridan sending Garibaldi on that special solo mission that got him caught by the Psi Corps?

youtube.com/watch?v=oxdLult6YKU

better

I tend to think of it as more of a tentacle.

Not enough of an audience to recoup the cost involved in doing it. They did it with TNG recently and they didn't make enough money to justify it so DS9 and VOY will never be done.

one of the few sit's one of those series where minor characters have actual character development and get their shining moments
Vir and Lennier are pretty amazing

>tfw you will never ever see B5 for the first time again

-one of the few s*

brainshart I guess

Is there any other show that was planned from the start and didn't just make it up as they went along?

MDE:WP

>It's a Lennier turns into a murderous betacuck friendzoned incel episode

I just didn't like how the Shadow War ended. I mean, I get it, there's no way the alliance would be able to defeat the Shadows or the Vorlons if it ever came to that. But one single speech from Sheridan being enough to convince these two super-arrogant Elder races to leave the galaxy and leave the younger races to their own devices was kind of hard to swallow.

Fuck off, faggot.

After watching this I didn't realize just how much Mass Effect had 'borrowed' from it, and most people don't even know. They still think Star Trek & Wars were its biggest influence.

Watch BSG but stop at the end of season 2 no matter how tempting it is. Actually you might want to stop a little earlier than that, the first 1.8 of the show is great

Explain?

Mass Effect is a videogame, have you played it? The similarities are all over the place if you've watched B5.

Defying Gravity. It was kind of like Lost: in Space. It only lasted one season, and when there was no hope of it being brought back, the creator posted his outline for the entire show on the internet. Though the ending would have been kind of shit (reset button) so it wasn't that great a loss.

B5 by a mile.
Battlestar Galactica isn't even good.

Season 3 ain't that bad, but holy fuck is 4 straight up garbage.

yeah bsg is hot garbage

what did he mean by this?

B5 Bester is best Bester.

Walter Koenig is fucking awesome in B5.

Alright fuck it, I've decided to watch this show. Not like DS9 is ever gonna get remastered, anyways.

Just remember the first couple of episodes are TERRIBLE, but you have to suffer through them because its all connected. Season 2 is when its gets fucking brilliant.

B5 and DS9 were produced at the same time and both were set in space stations instead of ships swooping around the galaxy. As a result there were lots of accusations of ripping each other off. This left a rift between the respective fandoms that lingers to today.

Is it on any streaming service or do I have to pirate it

Don't know about streaming, but there's a good copy of the whole series on TPB

After just winging to with Battlestar Galactica, Caprica was planned out with long story arcs. It ended up being cancelled before they could play out though the last episode tried to wrap up the lose ends quickly.

>Lennier are pretty amazing

until they fucked up his ending, one of the worst missteps of the series

Link? Is it the 46 GB one?

I know JMS had trap doors planned in case actors dropped out, but Talia's arc had such a shit wrap up

That's exactly what I thought when I played ME, they're incredibly similar

Any show based on a book

Yeah, it should have some of the movies as well. The quality won't be that good but its the best you can get for free.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Sense8's 5 year plan ties together

Bill Mumy was pissed at what they did with Lennier

if it wasnt it would sink

Is it actually good? Saw half of the first episode and lost interest. Seemed like it was more in the image of the matrix guys (girls?) than JMS.

he should be, it was ridiculously contrived

Are you talking about what he did in the penultimate episode? That was really shitty and awful, I don't care if it was 'foreshadowed', that just wasn't Lennier to me. And what was up with not having him in the finale? "Oh guess what, Lennier's dead/not here for no particular reason." Seriously, why on earth would they mention that without any explanation? What purpose did it serve other than to confuse people?

it's a lot like Babylon 5 where you can tell shit's going to go nuts when all the pieces come together, even the brief moments of the characters creatively using their powers are outstanding.

There's a pilot movie like BSG, right? Any others?

The Beginning is the only movie worth watching, others are hot garbage.

"The Gathering" is the pilot. Do NOT watch "In the Beginning" as a pilot, it contains massive spoilers for the series.

Ah yeah, what he said, I got them mixed up. Thirdspace and River of Souls are skippable.

>spin-off of the series

nice try, anti-shill