What music does your girlfriend listen to Sup Forums?

What music does your girlfriend listen to Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rlohe2-MGlg
youtube.com/watch?v=R1vJq-C_yM4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

synth pop and Frank Zappa

Alternative rock and post-hardcore. It's a pretty good state of affairs, honestly, even if her favorite band is Pearl Jam and I lean more towards bebop and math rock (still a big fan of post-hardcore and just alternative rock in general, though).

youtube.com/watch?v=rlohe2-MGlg

and

>Frank Zappa
she's a keeper

lots of art pop and alt rock, stuff like sufjan, sza, fka twigs, father john misty, the pixies

>gf
I'm a 30 year old kissless virgin.

Lana Del Rey, Lorde, Death Grips, Grimes,Daft Punk and Radiohead.
I mean, could be worse

Cocteau Twins, Controlled Bleeding, Vessel, Pharmakon, Brainbombs

shitton of prog
she's the one who got me into it, actually

stereotypical lo fi indie
or really edgy overdramatic songs that are about romance

Why do people like brainbombs

She likes American Football, Modern Baseball, most of all Weezer, and classic rock.

top 40.
I'm engaged to this girl, and I've been trying to rec shit to her for three years.

It cant give you a better answer other than that Its a swedish thing. His vocals are just so painfully Swenglish Its just macabre. And we Dont really have another band that is like them here so.

Have you started with the basics? Try to get her to listen to The Beatles, it's a very good start out of listening to nothing but Top 40 even if it's normie as fuck.

I want a qt gf to play drums or bass in our band.

I imagine your Tumblr is full of photos of Throbbing Gristle, switchblades, Posh Isolation bands, Yukio Mishima and posts about the importance of intersectionality and queerness lmao.

Don't worry
[spoiler]we all are[/spoiler]

>your girl

Swans, Gary Numan, Ramleh, Nurse With Wound, Bauhaus

basic bitch tumblrgoths make me laugh desu

I actually met gf and soon to be wife on Sup Forums, she is so sweet

>has a an amazing smile, that brings me back to my childhood
>when i see her face her looks just take me away
>if i stare too long i'd probably breakdown and cry
>eyes as blue as the sky I'd hate too see an ounce of pain in them
>her hair is so warm and safe, I could hide in it
We've been together for 3 years now and she is pregant with a child of mine
Where do we go now?

>your girlfriend

Yup

Don't ever mention this again.
That mexican torture video ruined it for me.

4 years ago maybe. Still love Varg though.

Damn, what did she think of it?

She listened to all the essentials before there even was essential albums. Her dad is a record collector.

those catchy songs that use to come on pandora when we were younger
empire of the sun
mgmt
franz ferdinand
modest mouse

what mexican torture video

My girlfriend is really into ambient music. She gets real overwhelmed by noises and abrasive anything. She can't stand metal or industrial or angry hip hop. She just listens to really mellow r&b or, most of the time, some kind of ambient.

The Smiths, Belle & Sebastian and Sufjan mainly

Pop country, although she does like the poppier Anco songs that i play for her and we had a great time at a dan deacon show together

Marrying her in september desu

Grunge, 80s and 90s college rock, hip hop, and RnB. Can't really complain desu. Likes The Replacements and UGK.

Royal Blood and assorted metal from the early 2000's

She's pretty big on top 40 but listens to indie too (Maccabees, Mystery Jets etc). Have recently got her to record vox for my shoegaze project so trying to get her into Slowdive etc

the one with the chainsaw

>gf

DELET

link?

car seat headrest, pavement, early MM, built to spill, sioux falls

duster, interpol, protomartyr ,women/preoccupations/vietcong

beat happening, Elliott smith, pinegrove, yo la tengo

mostly Sup Forums core

I'll never know what being in a relationship feels like in my lifetime.

her favourite albums are Detox by Dr. Dre and All Lights Fucked On the Hairy Amp Drooling by GY!BE
and her favourite song is Carnival of Light by the Beatles

Just take opiates.

watch girlfriend asmr and pretend it isnt fake as shit

how did you get girlfriends?

She cites the following as influences: Marilyn Manson, Mariah Carey, Britney Spears, Enya, Kate Bush, Beyoncé, Bikini Kill, Joanna Newsom, Burial, Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, How to Dress Well, Cocteau Twins, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Panda Bear, Tool, Dandi Wind, Outkast, the Dungeon Family, New Edition, TLC, Michael Jackson, Black Dice, Aphex Twin, Nine Inch Nails, Skinny Puppy, the Spice Girls, Jedi Mind Tricks, Paramore, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, Geinoh Yamashirogumi, Yoko Kanno, Kenji Kawai, David Bowie, Queen, St. Vincent, Mindless Self Indulgence, Chris Isaak, Salem, Al Green, and Blink-182, as well as the Dune novels, The Godfather Part II K-pop, artist Yayoi Kusama, The Legend of Zelda, Akira, and medieval music.

I was tripping balls and she called me randomly and we ended up chatting about very intimate things openly. I like openess and i think its sexy as hell so i continued talking to her. I dont know when we both "fell" in love, but i does not matter.

stop posting your own last.fm for attention

Nothing good

( wasn't me)

I try to introduce her to poppy, accessible stuff that I like, but she really hasn't ever expressed interest in anything other than typical girlpop or radio hip-hop. It's not that I really care what music she likes anymore, since I realized that we'll never have common taste in art, but I can't stand listening to the radio in the car. I wish she'd just try to enjoy something else for the sake of my ears.

Her musical taste is like that of a 40 year old mom with some normie modern stuff

Radiohead, Wilco, some punk shit

Goth rock (Smiths, Cure, Bauhaus, Joy Division) and Stoner Metal

Who?

caravan palace

>gf

>tfw no smiths gf

I GOT A GIRLFRIEND THAT'S BETTER THAN THAT

whos is this semon daemon

I'm single, but my ex liked Sup Forums core. It's honestly kind of a turn off.. I'd like a girl who listens to 1970s (not just sabbath) music. It's a lot more attractive than a mac demarco/radiohead fangirl

Does she tho?
youtube.com/watch?v=R1vJq-C_yM4

tfw no qt asian Sup Forums gf

My girlfriend listens to just rap, like Kanye, Kendrick, Chance. I'm the complete opposite, I prefer dream pop, art rock and classical. I'm not a big fan of rap, but I appreciate it. We listen to rap together, she tries to give me some pointers on it (which doesn't work because I know more about rap than she does) and I try to teach her about music from different artist I listen to.

blood red shoes

Mostly the easy mu core I show her. The three albums she raves about the most are The Lonesome Crowded West, Sung Tongs and Down Colorful Hill

thats liz liles brown, shes on the bottomless pit cover

and is mexican girl

Top 5
>Blind Melon
>Iron & Wine
>TOOL
>Death Cab For Cutie
>Eluvitie

she really loves mac demarco, anco, daze and days, andrew jackson jihad and the like.
shes been on a harry nilsson kick lately.

we have a lot of overlap besides pop punk and 2000s nostalgia stuff for her

it's honestly okay but i think you'd find out that a lot of your unhappiness doesn't really hinge on not being in a relationship when you get in one

This makes me want to kill myself. The fact that I will never have an encounter with a girl like this is upsetting.

>girlfriend
HA
ex listened to danny brown and a little death grips, other than that generic mainstream 'hip hop'

grimes

she likes the antlers, the front bottoms, car seat headrest, andrew jackson jihad, crystal castles and bandcamp emo bands

>

Gorillaz, Strokes before I met her, getting her into Nirvana, Bob Dylan, etc

She generally loves pop music and top 40 stuff.
She is a huge fan of Carly Rae Jepsen and thinks our theme song should be a Carly Rae Jepsen song.

So close, but still so far.

If you really don't like it after a while or visa versa i'd make a playlist with music you both enjoy

Punk, Riot Grrl, Proto Punk, Pop Punk (1st wave only, thank god), Grunge (1st wave only as well), Shoegaze, New Wave. And seems to enjoy songs that I show, and she also shows me interesting bands (The Slits being the best).
Being together for 4 months now, she is cool, amazing titties

Tinder, m8

I was attracted to a girl once -- in fact I was very attracted to her. I was quite smitten indeed.

I was at a bar in the city, waiting for a show to start. She was seated a few tables away. I was just listening to music at the time, so my eyes were free to roam and I kept looking at her. She eventually took notice and smiled.

After a few minutes the tension was so palpable that I couldn't help but walk over and introduce myself. She was there for the show, too. We talked for a while, and it was incredible. Conversation with her spontaneous and natural. She was like a spring flower, damp before the dew of a Hylian sunrise, and I felt truly privileged to be in her presence.

She wasn't going to the show alone, though, and soon the rest of her company appeared, and soon after the doors opened and we all funneled in.

She spent most of the night with her friends after that, which I understood. I was an accessory to help pass the time -- a convenience, not a friend. I just appreciate the brief connection we had and wasn't bitter at all.

I spent most of the night watching her from afar. I didn't watch the bands. I didn't recoil from the sounds. She was the only thing that moved me.

She talked to practically everyone there. I watched her flitter between strangers and between groups, carried each time by such buoyant, sweet demeanor, and I realized that this girl was only nice to me because she's nice to everyone. There was no accuracy to her smile or her laugh. There was no legitimacy to the connection I'd felt between us. The only difference between her and every other woman I've ever met is they didn't inflate me with false hope.

I wanted to scream at her until my lungs gave out. I wanted to punch her in the face. I wanted to throw her down the stairs or into the pit. I wanted to walk up to her smiling, carefree expression and make her feel helpless, hurt and traumatized.

>Tinder
>girlfriend

That's not your girlfriend m8

either whatever comes on the radio or musical soundtracks. send help

occasionally Modest Mouse, Passion Pit, and Dirty Projectors but thats on rare occasions

tl;dr kys yourself

my ex's favorite artist was tom waits
is she patrician Sup Forums?

HOLY

How do i get gf?

Doesn't matter I had sex, m8

>She was like a spring flower, damp before the dew of a Hylian sunrise, and I felt truly privileged to be in her presence.

new copypasta

H F S D
F
S
D

who tf dates people they find on anonymous sex apps

You need to get out of the damn Sup Forums, Jimmy, I already told you that a million times, geez. Also don't forget to pay that money you owe me tomorrow, okay?

rings of Saturn, the faceless, thy art is murder, TBDM etc... which is fine I love that shit...
But she gives me crap when I listen to "soft music" like trivium or periphery...

God help me when I go on a youtube tangent and end up on something like gloryhammer lol

Good read. You should write more and never post it

tfw no shugazi gf

my wife loves NIN, Jane's Addiction and Throwing Muses, any time i have to hear this shit it's painful
we both love Tori and Kate Bush though