Harry Potter

I'm about to start to watch the entire Harry Potter saga from the first film to the last.

I watched two or three of these films as a kid but i don't remember much.

What can i expect?

>What can i expect?
Someone posting that image on how Harry Potter, LOTR etc sucks

HOWEVER

a bunch of boring shit you ban evading Hermione pedo

Expect 3 to be the best

I mean if you liked cucked up shit by (((JK Rowlings))) then its right up your alley

Without a doubt one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villainshas been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though r-right
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Spoiler tagged since you're watching them for the first time.

Good music, spot-on casting, an overarcing plot that develops more and more holes as the films go on because they adapt each book fresh without taking the continuity errors introduced in former adaptations into account.
Goblet of Fire got the worst adaptation decay.
Also I still yearn for mre stuff in the department od mysteries in Order.

A WILD RIDE, SON

FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT

GET COMFY

SMOKE A BOWL

MAGIC N SHIT YO

Azkaban?

This pasta is actually becoming counterproductive, it's like a seal of quality for a Harry Potter thread.

Hes a pedo of course he does

Nothing is wrong with lolis

quality redditkino

>Goblet of Fire got the worst adaptation decay.

I keep reading this on Sup Forums so the other day I re-watched it. Yeah, no kidding. What the fuck is up with that movie? It's all over the place.

I did the same. Watched the first 3 and couldn't bother with them no more. They were very forgettable. The kind of movies you have on in the background while you do some other stuff.

It's less entertaining for an adult and much more ridiculous. Obvious plotholes that drive you mad (if you read the books). If you didn't, the movies are a lot better. Azkaban is a peak that seems to be regarded as the best film in the series. In my opinion the quality gradually decreases from 5 onward reaching an embarrassing low in 6 & 7. 8 is good, the soundtrack is awesome, but don't watch the ending scene if you don't want to go through a 3-day purifying ritual after that bullshit

cringe thread general?

of course!

>reaching an embarrassing low in 6 & 7. 8 is good

dude what

and the quote unquote "creme dela creme"

I think these movies might have been better had Harry Potter be a 17 or 18 year old boy. It would've made it easier to find better actors. The acting from the kids in these movies were passable at best.

Also I don't know if the movie tried to follow the books closely or not. Frankly I don't care. A movie isn't a book. And the storytelling just felt clunky somehow. The actions were also boring.

Keep in mind I've only seen the first couple of movies and that was years ago.

Pure shit. The series goes from silly but passable kid movies to edgy grimdark shit.

I thought Rupert Grint was good as Ron. Radcliffe, although he's turned out to be a decent actor, wasn't a great fit and too stiff. I have no idea what Harry's personality is supposed to be except that he's a decent guy who yells when he's mad. Emma Watson isn't very good as Hermione, but the again Hermione is written as a kind of Mary Sue so she's bound to be obnoxious and overbearing.

3>7>6>5>2>1>4>8

Agreed with everything you said. I also thought Ron was the best. Harry probably was supposed to be a blank slate fo the audience to relate to. I just found him boring and as much of a mary Sue as the girl.

Why do you always post the book version of this meme? We'e on Sup Forums and the guy is specifically talking about the films.
I know there's definitely one for the movies, it has Avatar as God-Tier.

4 is best. 5 - 8 is trash. 8 is wurst. 3 is realy good to

Make time to watch Wizard People, Dear Reader.

Meant to quote

Do this only if you have terrible taste in comedy and think shit like Daniel Tosh and Dane Cook are "geniuses"

Dumbledore: harry do u have a girlfriend?
CRINGY
Bad acting (not everyone, sure)
Not explaining shit that happens
How did those understand what was up who hadn't read the books? It was a huge mess.

If you don't care about anything else but camera angles and dark shades of blue then yates made good movies

Nigga fuck off

>What can i expect?
Snape killing Dumbledore

Go listen to the john rogan podcast you piece of shit
fuck u

Have you watched Spiders & Snakes Dear Reader?