Stop this

Stop this.

Other urls found in this thread:

last.fm/user/turnyQx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

we have a million words for those genres too desu

But never use them.

I really want to learn more words for electronic music. Especially because I make my own and am never certain what to call it other than simply "electronic" which is so vague and non-descriptive

All of those genres have sub genres.

Jazz: Fusion, Bop, Swing, Dixieland, Ragtime
Classical: Baroque, Chamber, Orchestral, Opera
Electronic: IDM, EDM, Dubstep, Big Beat, Drum and Bass.

And that's just off the top of my head. I'm sure there's more.

One thread wasn't enough?

you're talking to the wrong people (plebs)

I mean, I don't use the rock words either

So why is there only ever 1 thread for all /classical/, /jazz/ and /bleep/ here but numerous for rock sub, sub, subgenre?

because those are not popular, are you stupid?

You mean Sup Forumstants

So Sup Forums is only for popular music for normie plebs, gotcha

Nice lowest common denominator approach you got going on

sure whatever
why are you bothering with them

Vain hope this board gets some standards of quality

what are you even trying to get out of this thread?

you asked why more people are used to distinctions in rock styles than the subgenres of those genres and he told you

/jazz/ and /classical/ are the best threads on the board. but those genres are less popular here so they fit inside one general. /bleep/ is a containment general for shitty dance music

And I understood fine.

See

so are you going to make this thread for the third time today after this one 404s if you have an answer?

if you want to make a jazz subgenre thread then you can, I don't know what your deal is

>Sup Forums is the entire musical world

>most diverse genre has the most words to describe it
nothing wrong here

No, I'm going to bypass the 7th rock sub, subgenre general and post in /hardbop/, /freejazz/, /chamber/, /opera/, /techno/ and /EAI/, oh wai-

you're just a bleepfag using /classical/ and /jazz/ to try to make it seem like your music is as diverse as those genres. just listen to your shitty garage music and talk about all the molly you took at a rave in london

dark ambient
breakbeat
big beat
broken beat
breakbeat hardcore
eurodisco
nu-disco
acid jazz
drumstep
hardstep
techstep
berlin school
dubtronica
hardcore
happy hardcore
UK hardcore
dubstyle
hardstyle
jumpstyle
ambient house
chicago house
deep house
french house
garage house
IDM
glitch
glitch hop
wonky
jungle
electropop
synthpop
trance
euro-trance
progressive trance
future garage
UK garage

It's the busiest self-proclaimed patrician music board on the internet, I'm just looking for the evidence.

At least try m8

Rock styles are more popular and as such the differences between styles are emphasized to separate artists.

Honestly there is too much variation in rock to just call it rock; sorry your preferred super genre is not as popular and doesn't get its own threads outside of generals and the occasional sad desperate attempt at attention like this one

>it annoys me that no one posts about anything other than rock subgenres
>but all I'll do to change it is not post about what I want to talk about
not sure what you want to be told here

[Citations needed]

>missing the point this badly

you have no point, you're just whining that this board doesn't conform to the stuff you like

>can only speak in memes
>still use them correctly
you have to back

See

Why do you care so much? Why don't you fuck off if it's not up to your standards?

You mean writes off 80% of music ever made in favor for one genre and 3 jazz albums. Oh and Aphex Twin lls

like I said, whining

>implying

inorite, fuck standards, leave us our little narrow-minded super limited circlejerk

I like Jazz Rock with Electronic elements.

Where is your god now OP?

Post your favorite albums

See

What board are you a tourist from and why don't you just post about the music you want to talk about instead of act incredulous that a music board with decent traffic is generally most interested in pop and rock?
>albums
Expand your mind

Completely irrelevant.

Nothing, see

i'd say make a /modaljazz/ or /baroque/ but i guarantee that's not why you made this thread. just listen to your dance music and move on

Nope, if you're going to pretend you have better musical taste than this board, than you have to show it

sorry, I still don't get your point

>implying there arent 780+ words for jazz
swing
dixieland
big band
cool jazz
hot jazz
bebop
hard bop
post-bop
neo-bop
modal jazz
nu-jazz
bossa nova
the list goes fucking on and on. Human cultures are fractal, there is no bottom

i don't really think that's what this thread is for but given that he hasn't answered you can never be sure

Moot stopped OPs from bumping their own threads so there's no point as it's been pointed out many times ITT Sup Forums only likes pop and rock apparently.

Someone please tell me what the fuck "post-hardcore" is.

>implying

I never said that.

See

So all there is for you here is complaining?
That's rather sad, no?

>if you post, people will answer
No.

Rock.

I'm more curious why no one else is bothered by the narrow-mindness of the board.

>if you pose valid questions about how useless these threads are I won't even pretend to have a counterargument
FTFY

because the people that stuck around like rock and pop and the people like yourself who are not butthurt autists left

Of course you won't, because you probably listen to one genre and are probably more narrow-minded than you're claiming Sup Forums to be. Fuck off and never post again faggot

this
even CLT emigrated to Sup Forums because of how bad it got

If 3 people scrolled past and saw this thread and thought "hey, I do listen to 95% rock, I should branch out into all the other music" and maybe even make a thread or 2, it was worth it.

hardcore punk but it generally has more complex rythms and structures

See
Did that make you feel better?

So you agree then?

if I say yes, this board is for common denominator plebs, will you go away?

ironic since he spammed his 50 best rock albums list any chance he got

Yes, feels good blowing you the fuck out

ehh excuse me
>monetarism
>marxism
>austrian school
>keynesianism
>post-keynesianism
>neo-keynesianism
>new keynesian economics
>neoclassic school
think again sweetie ;)

No, I'll make this thread 3 times tomorrow and the next day, and the next, just to remind you how limited this board is.

Don't worry, I'll change up the OP text and play with the image pixels so you can't filter me.

why?

I'll look out for when you manage it.

See

the only way this isn't depressing is if you have a job with long breaks or something

>implying this faggot didn't just finish middle school

Because

so you think people will take a greater interest in non-rock if you do this?

I did, unless you want to prove me wrong

all you did was tell him to post his favorite albums and since you probably have "that's shit" in the chamber anyway there's nothing to prove

Even the /folk/ general is actually all folk-rock lmao

Read the chain, he's probably a salty bleepfag who's mad that there's not enough threads about electronic music

Sup Forums = r/music
/classical/, /jazz/, /bleep/ = separate subreddits

Those generals exist in a vacuum so they aren't affected by Sup Forums retards

This is probably OP

last.fm/user/turnyQx

chan people have weird tastes
you can see this looking at different boards
most of the stuff on cgl/ is clothing no normal person would ever wear
most of the stuff on /fa/ is so similar to normal clothing that no normal person would ever be able tell it's special in some way
/vr/ is an autistic circlejerk about the old days-- one that most people would recognize and that many have participated in at some point, but it's a circlejerk very few people would be a part of for weeks or months or years on end
/vp/ and /mlp/ are in their own little worlds, and several other boards are too despite it being less obvious
you're not exactly hoping for too much, but you're hoping for something too far out of the local norm

>/bleep/ is a containment general for shitty dance music

it literally is

>muh underground club/rave music is better than that EDM they play on the radio rite guise?

BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE
OR GET THE FUCK OUT
THOSE ARE FUNCTIONALLY YOUR ONLY TWO OPTIONS

>throwing a hissy fit over this
Being this much of a sperglord

>I'll just admit to spamming the board right here and now
genius

\m/ FUCK YEAH ROCK 4EVA \m/

More than one rock thread at a time is technically spam too, that's 3/4 the board fucked

good luck convincing the mods that

I don't know where you live but they don't play EDM on the radio here
like maybe late on weekend nights on one station, and that's questionable
I don't care about the culture, I just really really like music that sounds like broken floppy drives

Doesn't matter too much. If it sounds good, that's all that matters.

Not that shabby tbqh