Now that the dust has settled

Now that the dust has settled

7/10

TPAB>UU>GKMC>>>DAMN>>>>>>>>S80

If 9th Wonder produced the whole album and not just Duckworth it'd be the best album of Kendrick's career.
I'd kill for a collab album between the two.

I'm guessing we should all do this.
TPAB = GKMC > Sec.80 > DAMN. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> UU

gkmac > s80 > tpab > damn > uu

tpab > gkmc > damn >s80 >uu

I feel like Kendrick thinks TPAB was a little too ambitious even for him so he went back to making the GKMC-style rap on DAMN.

>mfw damn is my favorite kendrick album

Shit
His worst album.

this is better

OBJECTIVELY CORRECT ALBUM ORDERING COMING THROUGH

GKMC>UU>TPAB>S80

tthis

also, gkmc is his only good album anything else and you're lying to yourself to fit in with your normie friends.

thanks.

How do you retards never get this right. The ranking has already been decided.

TPAB > GKMC > DAMN > UU > S80

Wrong.

GKMC > S80 > TPAB > DAMN > UU

>Objectively
>AND forgetting Damn.

Ya hear that? That's the sound of any chances of you being taken seriously going in the garbage.

It goes

TPAB > GKMC > DAMN > S80 > UU

it's pretty good. anyone giving it more than an 8/10 is wrong though

this.

The vast majority of people sight GKMC as Kendrick's best album

I really really dislike this album and I've at least liked everything Kendrick has done up to this point. The holier-than-thou attitude has gotten out of control, he's not the witty, charismatic rapper I once liked. TPAB only hinted at the messiah complex but on DAMN it's out of control.

DAMN, while not his best effort is a needed respite from the classic record golden boy that we've come to know Lamar as. I give it a high 7-low 8.

>Big 3 tier
TPAB
GKMC
S80

>Very good tier
OD
UU

>It was cool tier
KLEP
DAMN

>Bad tier
Everything el--oh wait, all that's left is some embarrassing shit he did like 10 years ago. This guy sure is something.

terrible taste, leave this board

3/10

>Everything el--oh wait, all that's left is some embarrassing shit he did like 10 years ago. This guy sure is something.
he had an album come out in 2013 that was straight trash, his mixtapes are ass

GKMC>TPAB>DAMN.=UU>S.80

Does anyone else think the whole middle section of Section 80 is pretty bad? Like everything after ADHD and before Keisha's Song?

LOVE. is a great song and underrated

its a solid release. probably a fair 7 but not much higher than that

has some bangers on it and some legit good songs like DUCKWORTH, i also bumped the shit out of YAH, DNA and HUMBLE for like a week straight

also alot of hidden meanings and cool shit in it. like how you can play the album backwards and get a different story. also the true meaning of DAMN. kendrick puts lots of double meanings into his shit which makes it cooler. people hating on this album are just memes

>Great
PRIDE.
FEAR.
LUST.

>Good
XXX.
DUCKWORTH.
FEEL.

>Meh
HUMBLE.
ELEMENT.
DNA.

>Bad
LOYALTY.
GOD.
YAH.

>Shit
LOVE.

Good, but terrible compared to his work. Kendrick has cemented his place as a mainstream cornerstone and is officially babby's first lyrical rapper once they graduate from Eminem and 90s gangsta rap.

>YAH. anywhere but God tier

stop having opinions, friend.

TPAB>GKMC=DAMN>S80>UU

TPAB>DAMN>UU>GKMC>s80

boring delivery, mediocre lyrics, terrible beat, annoying hook... what isn't there to love?

S80 is good fuck you

>(c)rap

Commercial anti-white turn-up music of the most generic variety.
If Duckworth actually has any respect for his culture, he should stop pushing his "we wuz kangs" agenda disguised as conscious hip hop onto naive little white boys.
Decent 6.

truth

gkmc > damn > section 80 >>>> tpab

when you realize you are retarded
>pic related.
its everyone in this thread who thinks kendrick is a good artist

Being this much of a pleb

1/10

These nigger rappers are all terrible.

sightation needed.

I don't really get why people like Kendrick, his only memorable songs are his lyrically worst ones.

NMAD > GKMC > TPAB > DAMN > S80

TPAB>DAMN>GKMC>S80

fuck off with your shit normal fag taste.

Good work.

>graduate from Eminem and 90s gangsta rap.
That's pretty funny when you think about it, since they'd essentially be moving on from the influencers to the influenced, who in this case idolizes those two things they left behind

t. dadrocker

>anti-white
>turnup music

You have no idea what youre talking about do you

Not as good as TPAB, or GKMC, but that seems to be a general consensus in this thread.

Did you listen to the album? Because I'm getting some strong "I'm talking out my ass" vibes

>Now that the dust has settled
Nope, still a shitty album, shitty when it came out, still a shitty album, nothing will change that.

I still enjoy it, but I don't come back to it as much as I do S80 or GKMC or TPAB. I probably haven't listened to it in a month or so.

It's in my top hip hop releases for this year, but not one of my favorites like those were. Shabazz is my #1 HH right now.

nice trips but you're trying to hard user.

the love is a bad song meme needs to end. so what the lyrics aren't groundbreaking? the production is so atmospheric and the lyrics are so easy going, but how is that bad? kendrick almost never operates in that sort of space, and he did and its a wonderfully catchy song. i don't see a problem.

No, love really is just bad, and I say this as someone who actually enjoys Loyalty a good bit

LOVE has the absolute worst production, what the fuck are you on about? it sounds like every generic top 40 song went through a woodchipper and the remains were soaked in reverb

this guy gets it

trash

that's not a fucking bingo board

GKMC > DAMN > TPaB > S80 > UU

There's a thing about Sup Forums and dismissing the most rap-py albums of hip hop artists despite them being among the best.

Everyone claims MBDTF was better than Late Registration though the latter seamlessly blended lyrical content and structure with timeless production.

Everyone claims Atrocity Exhibition was better than XXX when the latter had banger after banger with lyrics and delivery that made you constantly question whether Danny was an overwhelmingly confident aficionado of all vices or a mentally afflicted victim of circumstance living only through self gratification.

And everyone constantly puts S80 at the very bottom of Kendrick lists despite having great production (admittedly not as dynamic as later releases) and lyrics comprised of literary techniques seldom seen outside of written poetry and prose with a central theme of millennial apathy and submission to impulse.

I know the whole "lyrics don't matter" is a Sup Forums mantra but doesn't it count for something in a genre that centralizes it?

GKMC>TPAB>UU>DAMN>S80

correct

What's the free space?

>when UU is actually Kendrick's best

I don't think the album has any particularly bad songs, but I don't think it has many great songs either. DUCKWORTH. is overrated.

i think your definition of good production is just very different from that of the people you're talking about

You're probably right. Do you know what that difference may be? Is it because I come from a hip hop background and have different production standards?

>People calling TPAB his best when it has 0 bangers

king kunta, alright, hood politics, blacker the berry

No it isn't tho.

You skipped Wesley's Theory somehow, I see.

>blacker the berry

correct