What does Sup Forums think of this album?

What does Sup Forums think of this album?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s9mBG0SCXqY
youtube.com/watch?v=ntiofG_3yF4
youtube.com/watch?v=q5NEjRdSee8
youtube.com/watch?v=lsfhADiaP5E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

love it

this and siameses dream are the best SP albums

XYU

KAAAAAABOOoOOOM!!!

Gish, Siamese Dream, and Mellon Collie is the best album trilogy of the 90s.

There's a lot of good songs, a lot that sound the same, and some filler. Overall its like a 8-9/10

I love it, and in high school i listened to it on repeat for about 10 hours while I was tripping on two tabs of acid. so it'll always hold a special place in my heart

Sounds nice. HS trips were nice

very good, I like it more than siamese dream.

Bloated as fuck, production is worse than SD

fave track xyu
youtube.com/watch?v=s9mBG0SCXqY

>Bloated as fuck
this

One of the GOAT. The whole Beautiful/By Starlight/To Forgive pretty song axis is underrated.

Great, although Billy's nasally voice can get annoying at times.

as a lifelong sp fan that really doesnt like any of billys new shit i find myself listening to SD or even adore a lot more in 2017

with the 2 discs its really difficult to listen to in an entire sitting, i find myself picking tracks off of it here and there but SD i can just leave on and not get bored

Southernplayalistic, ATLiens, and Aquemini exist though

EMPTINESS IS LONELINESS AND LONELINESS IS CLEANLINESS AND CLEANLINESS IS GODLINESS AND GOD ISN'T REAL MORTY *burp* JUST LIKE ME

lol

when I I listen to the pumpkins lately its the adore demos, machina 1, and skit songs (e.g. daydream, spaced, le deux machine)

Who else loves Where The Boys Fear To Tread?
youtube.com/watch?v=ntiofG_3yF4

Nature kids, no they don't have no function

I don't understand what they mean, and I could really give a fuck

the band only version of tonight tonight is so good tbqh
youtube.com/watch?v=q5NEjRdSee8

underrated post

im actually in the same boat, i've been listening to machina 1 at work every day lately

i just dont understand though how i can be so into that stuff but dislike zwan, as well as the solo billy shit from the mid 00s.

One of my favorite albums in high school, but 1979 and Stumbleine just make me sad now that I'm out of college and have had a full time job for 2 years.

fpbp

right here lad.
I'm this poster btw:

this
those songs are fucking great including We Only Come Out at Night

I often travel between two cities that are like 3.5 hours apart and always keep time by listening to this album
also those people who hate Tales of a Scorched Earth are retarded. same with those who say it's bloated all the tracks are good

WANNA GO FOR A RIDE

Sucks ass honestly. Has like 2 good songs and a ton of pretentious filler. Album cover/name is misleadingly cool

interesting picture
i didn't know those two were combined for the album art

youtube.com/watch?v=lsfhADiaP5E

As someone who always thought Gish and Siamese Dream were kind of bleary/repetitive, I think Mellon Collie has surprisingly little filler. Galapogos and Tales of a Scorched Earth I think are the only songs not worth hearing, and even those have something resembling personality. Also, the James Iha songs were good, so I think it could have been even better if the weak spots had more of his stuff.

Best song: Here Is No Why

It's really interesting how they added classical instruments in to the mix while totally switching it up to hardcore riffs on other songs. Such a great album by sp

Here is No Why is definitely one of the best heavy SP songs
I can't really pick a favorite off of MCIS but Porcelina of the Vast Oceans comes to mind as well as By Starlight and Thru the Eyes of Ruby

on another note what do you guys think of the original vinyl tracklist?
it has thirty-three right after Tonight Tonight which I think mesh really well

I've only listened to it in full once or twice but really enjoyed everything I heard.

I still mostly keep to the pleb shit though like Tonight, Tonight.

>this and siameses dream are the best SP albums

Adore and Siamese Dream were the best albums.

It's definitely more coherent, which I like. Plus the side names make more sense.

Its pretty fucking monumental to be honest.

Muzzle is one of those songs that spoke to teenage me in a more meaningful way than few others did.

Also Porcelina of the Vast Ocean, Thru the Eyes of Ruby...the heavy stuff like Bodies, XYU, etc and then the amazing final track where the entire band sings and then finalizes into a reprise of the opening track of disc 1.

Like, Billy Corgan can be as batshit insane as he wants today. He fucking made this double album.

it's that and a third piece if I remember correctly

>deletes Bullet with Butterfly Wings, To forgive, An Ode to No One, Love, Where Boys Fear to Tread, Bodies, In the Arms of Sleep, 1979, Tales of a Scorched Earth, Stumbleine, and XYU

I think it could have been much better if it was 1 dick instead of 2. However, I consider it a good album.

Siamese Dream, on the other hand, is 9.7 - very very good album.

Tasteless. You may as well stab yourself in the eardrums for all the good they seem to do you...

>Intoxicated with the madness, I'm in love with my sadness

fuck you bill

1979 is a really good pleb song for a band to have

Quoth the pleb who thinks SP has the best trilogy of the 90s