I'm doing a watch-through of the Star Trek franchise...

I'm doing a watch-through of the Star Trek franchise. At what point should I watch each movie in relation to the TV shows?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2TsMyLt2BTM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

TOS, TOS MOVIES, TNG, TNG MOVIES starting with Generatations, Voyager = Enterprise either or.

Skip DS9, I advice you, lots of autistics say it's great, but it's not part of the franchise besides having Com Badges.

So the movies always come after the series?

Why would you watch movies that reference the TV shows before watching the show itself?

Also
>DS9
>Not good

oh ya, they ended TNG a season early to start doing the movies. They're mostly unrelated until DS9 made a clumsy attempt to try to intergrate them, but let me say, TNG movies make no fucking sense to the what you'll see, so prepare yourself, but frankly, after seeing the TNG movies Voyagers the next best series to watch.

Enterprise is good for being so different, better to end on then Voyager,Voyager had a good ending but it makes you want MOAR. so Enterprise sums it up nicer, they were expecting it to end.

>Skip DS9, I advice you, lots of autistics say it's great, but it's not part of the franchise besides having Com Badges.

>missing the second best crew
>the hottest waifus
>the best villain
>most based captain
>a couple of the single greatest episodes in the mythos.

Do not listen to this cancer.

DS9 suffered from budgeting issues is the main thing, and it's heavier on exposition then any other one. It's seems like it's from the 80s, and after seeing TNG that seems like it's from the fucking future, it's terrible.

I agree, there is a couple of great episodes in the whole 7 season series.

The show did have a lot of potential... but it was great for an example of HOW NOT TO DO A STAR TREK.

This is cluttery and autistic but its where the movies were released:

TOS
TAS
Motion Picture
Wrath of Khan
Voyage Home
TNG S1
TNG S2 (after "Manhunt" watch Final Frontier)
TNG S3
TNG S4
TNG S5 (after "Unification" watch Undiscovered Country)
TNG S6/DS9 S1
TNG S7/DS9 S2
Generations
DS9 S3/VOY S1
DS9 S4/VOY S2
DS9 S5/VOY S3 (after DS9 "The Ascent" watch First Contact)
DS9 S6/VOY S4
DS9 S7/VOY S5 (after DS9 "Covenant" watch Insurrection)
VOY S6
VOY S7
ENT S1
ENT S2 (halfway through watch Nemesis)
ENT S3
ENT S4
Star Trek
Into Darkness
Beyond

What do you recommend in terms of when to watch the movies?

fuck I forgot Search for Spock, thats in between Wrath of Khan and Voyage Home obviously

>Literally 2 good episodes

You have to be autistic to not cringe at how everyone delivered their dialogue. The pacing and script is so fucking amature. No really good actors in it. It's what gives Star Trek the bad rap of being a soap opera. DS9 is like Paul Blart Mall Cop.

You can skip the Motion Picture first movie, I did that when showing my wife, she saw it after and realized it was better not to see either.

Is this based on order of release or chronological order?

release order

> No really good actors in it
René Auberjonois is a fantastic actor you pleb. The pacing, scripts and dialogue are fine, you're just a tasteless faggot

dude I have watched it all, again and again, for the first time since it aired on TV I am trying to get through DS9 now. I really am not enjoying it.

Garak was the only thing I like and I am halfway. He shows up so little but every line he delivers is just pure gold.

They show more Ferengi then Cardassian. Let me say, the Ferengi is just bad writting in DS9. Well done in the other series, but fuck off, and Quarks not even bad, just the pretense is is so fucking terrible.

Like talking about the women not being able to work or wear clothes. Literally WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT OTHER THEN LITERALLY FERENGI WOMEN NOT BEING ABLE TO WORK OR WEAR CLOTHES.

THIS IS NOT A METAPHOR, THEY'RE LITERALLY TALKING ABOUT THE BLIGHT OF A FICTIONAL RACE IN A FICTIONAL WORLD AS IF THAT'S AT ALL IMPORTANT AND IT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE THEY WOULD BE UPSET ABOUT MAKING MONEY SINCE THERE WHOLE CULTURE IS ABOUT MAKING MONEY.

But whatever, DS9 makes the autistic happy, so fuck it, it's over with.

damn you're autistic

Well I am the beats are off compared to how TOS, TNG, Voy, and Ent do it. There's so many times in DS9 that it seems like SOMETHINGS HAPPENING but no, it's just literally the actors acting weird for the sake of exposition. It's not an indication of something tying to a semblance of plot but just filler. Like it's not easy to explain, but it's just a clash in obvious style and writting forms of previous series that define the genre.

Like it would make sense in Young and the Restless but Star Trek gets held to a higher standard since TNG.

Sure that's what autism is.

I always wanted to watch Star Trek, Should I watch TOS or NEXT... whatever it's called. Don't judge

Try TOS for a few episodes. If you're really not feeling it then go to Next Generation, that one's easier to get into. But the best part about TOS are the movies so try seeing them at some point

Same time
Same place
Same garbage taste

Fuck off you monster fucking simp pleb.

Do I need to watch TOS to get/understand the movies?

I know Spock is a vulcan, mccoy is a doctor, scotty is in charge of the engines. Would this suffice to understand the movies?

>Would this suffice to understand the movies?
More than enough.

That's fine. They're all very self-contained.

You don't really need to. I understood them just fine having only seen them and little to nothing of TOS.

So basically people like the movies better than the series? I did not expect that

No.

Though I like the TOS movies more than the series as a whole.

aww still butthurt VOY faggot?

best get over it, pleb

>Its another plebs try and bitch about the greatest trek ever thread

no, a lot of ppl do prefer the TOS movies to the show, but jthose ppl are literal children

>ppl
>content of entire post

garbage bait,son

hey little autist your back, hows things? still a butthurt faggot? still spending too much time on Sup Forums? what been happening?

It's literally one autist who has been at it for nearly a year now.

child, please rework that post, its nonsense.

I understand you like the movies more then TOS that's fine, but for everyone who grew up watch the show, the movies are a fun add-on not the other way around.

you reckon? I thought at this point he's got at least a cpl little VOY fgts joining in

The extent of VOY fags are basically people trying to convince others that 'it's not THAT bad', when it's probably the lowest point of the franchise depending on your views about ENT.

nah VOY was the lowest, if nothing else the constant disregard for basic ST rules e.g. warp 9.95 makes it tough to watch since a lot of the time nothing makes sense

TOS is mostly stalactite dildo tier garbage, kid. Unlike reddit, Sup Forums won't think you're cool for liking something just because it's old, hipster.

Also
>ppl

Get the fuck out of here, cocksucker.

damn your a triggered little faggot eh?

calm down buddy I like the movies too

also 42 this year bud, I am an old hipster

that's embarrassing, dad

Sup Forums Trek threads are pure cancer

not for me, at this age u just don't give a fuck.

The films are sequels to their respective series.

Some TNG films are technically interquels and sequels that take place during/after DS9's narrative but you don't need to have seen DS9 to get them nor do they really spoil what's going on in DS9. Voyager is just off doing it's own stupid thing, unless you consider Janeway showing up on a communicator (spoiling that they make it back home gosh who knew?!!!) to be a giant spoiler.

I like that they reference the enterprise going down and the borg attack, it even has repercussions for ds9 and the war

shut up, Wesley

> Advises watching Voyager
> Advises skipping Deep Space Nine

what

> that season 1-3 theme

youtube.com/watch?v=2TsMyLt2BTM

>there are people whose taste is so bad they don't like ds9
pleb

>there are people with taste so abysmal they think DS9 is good

fucking kill yourselves

It's called bait, and he's going to keep posting shit like that in every thread so long as people keep giving him (You)'s

yea its 'that guy" ya know that VOY fan who just can't accept Voy sucked

luv it, got it on repeat now

>disliking shitty edge shows is makes you a pleb

Liking DS9 above TOS and TNG makes you a pleb.

>edge shows
ds9 was comfy as fuck what are you on

objective order is TNG > DS9 > TOS >>> everything else

trying to put them into category's is what makes you pleb m8

TOS=TNG=DS9, its simple no need to get autistic about it

DS9 was edgy compared to TNG and TOS user.
And no, switch TOS and DS9 and you're on par.

>the hottest waifus
I love DS9, but TOS shits all over every other Star Trek when it comes to the women.

Granted most of them are one offs, but even so, there are so many of them.

was it a choice not to include Mudds women or an oversight?

I just grabbed an image off google images. There were a couple images that had something like 20 women in them, but I decided that was overkill.

To answer your question, it was an oversight. However, if anything that just goes to further prove my point.

>oh ya, they ended TNG a season early to start doing the movies.

TNG season 7 was a dumpster, they ended it a year late if anything

to be fair you still included the best TOS waifu

I respectfully disagree. I believe that Star Trek: Deep Space 9 is a well-made science fiction anthology series that shares and extends the Star Trek universe well.

I also suspect that the antagonism for DS9 might have something to do with the race of the captain on this series.

Seriously, children, it's understandable that your feeling of disenfranchisement has lead you to nihilism. But you can be nihilist without opting for the self-destructiveness of bigotry and neo-fascism. Just because you don't see any point in living, that doesn't mean you have to try to destroy everyone else as well.

ur replying to the endless VOY troll m8, just leave it

best fucking taste

also my favourite TOS episode

amazing body and pretty face

would fuck

Enterprise > TOS > Movies I-VI > TNG > Movie Generations > DS9 > Movies First Contact, Insurrection > Voyager > Movie Nemesis > Reboot Movies

Shut up wesley

its pretty great prob 2nd favorite, but my fav is The Enterprise Incident, not for the waifu its just a great ep

watch the ep, you'll never get over it 10/10 trekfu

TOS had the best grills.

4=2>6>first contact>3>1>>>>>the rest

This is the correct way

hmmm, not bad should have had 5 after FC

incidentally the ep is called

>what are little girls made of?

>daily reminder
Dukat only did a couple things wrong

He should have killed them all.

>tfw only season out of 28 that I haven't seen of Star Trek is TOS s3

Looking forward to it now, thanks m8.

>Reminder Dukat did nothing wrong aside from perhaps being too leinient with the Bajoran terrorists, and except when he accidentally got himself stuck on the station while the boobytraps were going off and when he tried to screw over a rival politician by separating that politician from his son, but then he accidentally left a trail of clues and Garak caught him, and maybe that one time he accidentally got that chick pregnant, and when his whole life was ruined when he forgot that the prophets were omnipotent beings inside the wormhole, and one time he tried to convince Sisko that he was perfectly sane, and went about this task by talking to imaginary tulpas, also the whole becoming Space Satan thing might have been ill advised.

>apart from that, he did nothing wrong

s3 has a couple shit eps, but it also has the best imo

so not much really

>dukat did nothing wrong?