Why did so many people laugh at this in the cinema?

why did so many people laugh at this in the cinema?

it was a fake laugh

Explaining it to a person with autism is like describing a painting to a blind person.

They were laughing at you, not the movie.

What's the point of laughing in a theater? It's not like the people who made the joke can hear you.

but it wasn't funny

>the cinema

Clearly it was
Thats why everyone laughs

it was cute desu

>autist in charge of deciding what's funny or not

hah you poor retard

they laugh because they think they are suppose to laugh

normie humor

boop beep boop. HAHAHAHAHAHA! OH NO HE DIDN'T

I don't even remember that. Literally nothing was memorable in that movie.

I didn't know if it was a middle finger or a thumbs up, I was confused but everyone was losing it

>HURR DURR ANYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH ME IS AUTISTIC HUR HUR HRU

It was fucking retarded and only pathetic easily impressed chucklefucks like yourself would laugh at such mediocrity

it was cute you dumb fuck

Most people dont overthink laughing

>Star Wars
>Middle finger

Come on.

It was cute and unexpected. The latter probably being what elicits the laughs from us normies.

Considering it was immediately after BB-8 realized that Finn had been lying up to that point, I assume it's supposed to be a middle finger.

This whole movie was just cringe.

It was some hilarious Big Bang Theory style humor.

See?

Im still not sure

This is what I choose to believe and it made it a lot funnier

It's the middle finger. Look at the way it extends the arm first, and then lights the torch, it mirrors the way humans will present their closed hands first, and then extend the middle finger. The motion for giving a thumbs up is different, typically it starts with the first pulled back to the shoulder and then extended the thumb simultaneously while throwing the fist out.

this

BA

They're not watching some stand-up comic bombing on stage an throwing him a courtesy laugh. They're watching a movie in the dark so when you laugh it's kind of anonymous, so there's no point to faking emotions.People laughing in theaters is very genuine.

this
and this

Autistics usually don't understand emotion.

If you think it's a middle finger, consider that BB8 is pointing it to the right of Finn, not straight at his face.

When you flip someone the bird, you don't point it to the right of them, you point it directly at their face. BB8 is giving a thumbs up.

Same reason people think The Big Bang Theory is funny.

You're wrong

Backpedaling damage control. C-can't have the middle finger in a Disney movie, n-no sir...

see

People don't think about a laugh, they just do it.

>incapable of understanding people may find thing funny that you do not

Sorry user, but you have some prime autism.

Personally I laughed because it was an unexpected moment of humor. Also the fact that BB-8 had more character than the bulk of the plywood actors helped.

From the responses in this thread, I've gathered it was just a shitty joke and it was a setup in a way the audience were expecting to laugh. No matter what bb8 did, the audience was going to laugh. Piece of shit movie

It habbened so fast tho I didn't have time to laugh. everybody laughing on point made me feel stupid.

I sat there like a brick while the entire theatre erupted into laughter. I was very confused.

It wasn't a "haha so funny" kind of laugh is was a "giggles, how fucking cute" kind of laugh.

That's not what the audience at my cinema conveyed, they fucking pissed and shit themselves with laughter until they ran out of fluids and needed a drip to reinvigorate them

Because your theater was Reddit. Fortunately, mine was Sup Forums because I watched a shitty camrip at home by myself.

You must live in a town of easily amused cat ladies.

Based qt cyclops.

>"cinema"

I want european posters to leave

Australia senpai

>Autism: the thread

>"DROID PLEASE!"
Anyone else find this line funny?

I didn't laugh.
I was looking around to see all those normies having """fun""", and I was hoping a terrorist would come to put an end to this farce.

people laughed because it was funny. it was one of the better gags in that movie.

It was funny.

It was autism.

They probably found it funny OP. But it's okay if you didn't. Humor is very much a case of individual taste. I hope you enjoyed yourself and had a good time.