Is Paramore, dare I say, the Beatles of our century?

Is Paramore, dare I say, the Beatles of our century?

Reminder that Paramore, the biggest Pop Rock act of the century, has begun to release...

Post-Rock:
youtube.com/watch?v=4oScRBsOV6I

Chamber Pop:
youtube.com/watch?v=8Ju7T4J1qbc

Post Punk/Spoken Word/Experimental Rock/Psychedelic Rock:
youtube.com/watch?v=2hsc42CFrUM

All this shouldn't be too surprising given that the members of Paramore have said their favorite musicians/groups include Radiohead, Sigur Ros, Bjork, and Talking Heads, just to name a few.

They're garnering more critical acclaim than ever and are experimenting more than ever. They're beginning their Rubber Soul/Revolver era and it's only getting better from here. Even if you're not a fan, ya should still acknowledge this. :)

But she doesn't even write her own stuff or make her own music.

She just sings.

>she will never sit on your face

lol what, she does write her own shit
inform yourself before posting faggot

Third link is pretty good.

In what world is that post-rock?

You act like this is anything new even for this decade.

Eh, Hayley actually co-writes all the music with Taylor (currently the guitarist). They're a songwriting duo basically. That's how it's always been in the band. Hayley would work with the guitarist and they would write most of the material together.

Hayley also plays piano, guitar, bass, and drums. You just happen to only see her sing given the band already has a guitarist, bassist, and drummer.

it has a crescendo so it must be post-rock

***ATTENTION***

THIS THREAD CONTAINS BAIT

KEEP SCROLLING

My argument is more than just popular rock band writes more experimental material.

What would you consider "Future" to be then, if not Post-Rock?

please delete this

***ATTENTION***

THIS POST CONTAINS BAIT

KEEP SCROLLING

Pop band that borrows surface elements from from the true innovators in order to convince masses of people that their music is more worthwhile than it truly is?

Then yes, they are the Beatles of our times.

>You just happen to only see her sing given the band already has a guitarist, bassist, and drummer
Doubt that m8

Also they don't have a bassist
>inb4 Justin

Definitely an overlooked body of work.

fucking awful american MOR disney punk rock

>the Beatles of our century?
Is Paramore overrated shit that quasi-intellectual elitist "musicologist" turbofaggots, and girls, will claim to be their favorite band alongside Queen for the next 30 years?

I had a feeling someone was going to mention they currently don't have an official bassist, since Jeremy left. I know. I was just trying to make a point that Hayley has always had others performing with the instruments.

Really makes you think...

The Beatles are legitimately a great band though. Can ya explain without just name-calling?

>The Beatles are legitimately a great band though. Can ya explain without just name-calling?
It all just sounds like shit as far as I'm concerned. Just about everyone loves it though, and everyone who loves it is invariably judgemental as fuck of anyone who doesn't love it, which just increases my resentment for it.

I think it's telling though that the two kinds of people that seem to like it the most are vapid females and said quasi-intellectual elitists.

i want to put my you know what in Hayley's you know where

I'd to "Crushcrushcrush" her "Pool", you might say.

more like the beatles of my dick

Please no lewd. ;_;

Hard Times is the song of the year.

>babby's first contrarian opinion

Honestly she has a good (not amazing) body but is full butterface. Way to masculine to be attractive. Looks like a trap.

Not an argument, you fucking idiot. You are making Beatles fans look stupider through association with yourself so please stop.

Calm down there, sperglord.

I'm glad she got more slutty after the original members left Paramore.

I want to kiss her on the lips!

Me too user :)

>pop rock band release:
>pop genre
>rock genre
>rock genre

wow, really groundbreaking stuff there

>mfw these titties
I've never seen anything so beautiful in my life.

Every time a band brings back a sound from another decade, they get universally praised for it. It really just shows lack of direction and imagination.

Paramore aren't even the fucking No Doubt of this century

>tfw she sat on my face

I'm on my grandma's wifi mods

What are mods?

Christ it's been a fucking hour

Paramore is already more I C O N I C than No Doubt.

I'm fine with Hayleyposting and all, but we really don't need such a lewd photo here. :|

Paramore have definitely achieved more popularity than No Doubt.

Sure, but as I said, Paramore are in the beginning of their experimentation. The band is probably only getting more inaccessible as time goes on. I'm not arguing that the band is going to pioneer a completely new genre and become some incredibly avant-garde act. Granted, you never know, I suppose. :^)

I agree that people creaming over "muh New Wave and Synthpop and Alternative Dance!!!1!! :DDDDD" are a little much, but After Laughter should still receive universal praise, because the songwriting is top-notch.

Paramore fucking sold out a while ago. They used to be a pretty good rock band now they're a bunch of preppy poppy bitches.

aww man can't i just like paramore in peace why you gotta shitpost

GROSSS

Damn right "beatles of our century" This bitch looks like ringo starr

nice bait

after laughter would be better than s/t if it's didn't have grudges

can't stop listening to their s/t

SEND HELP!

And yet I've never listened to a single song. Oh well.

>formerly good post-rock band starts releasing vapid play-by-numbers post-rock
>fans and critics agree they've lost their touch
>formerly vapid play-by-numbers pop-punk band starts releasing vapid play-by-numbers post-punk
>fans and critics go crazy and praise this daring change in direction
???

i'm just here for more hayley pics

>>>r/music

>filename
mind sharing ur folder?

wow rude!

Guessing the nudes of her were posted right?

The worst part is after they were released to the internet she creates a twitter post basically being like: "lol guys my nudes just got hacked lol go look at them ok"

My opinion is she knew they were being released and did it to draw horny virgins to her albums. More female artists do things like this than you think.

>this thread
muh dick

>feeeeemmaaaallesssss

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

also, daily reminder that there is no difference between anons whose waifus aren't real and anons whose waifus are real

paramore is good but hayley is a useless boner magnet

I'm currently in my Computer Science lecture. Maybe later. :^)

totally, you've got to dropbox it or something

bomp

>What would you consider "Future" to be
indie wank

ambient pop

it's all about expectations