Malcolm Butler

What's Sup Forums's opinion on this handsome devil?

Honestly thought he was going to be a one meme wonder, good for him.

Made the biggest play in NFL history

He's going to be an all pro this year, have no fucking idea how he wasnt a pro bowler

Best young CB on the Pats since Ty Law, I hope he has a good long career that only gets better

>biggest play in NFL history
thats the tyree catch, but you're probably too young to remember that

Nigga always looks like he's having fun. See him skipping and laughing during the Jets game?

Hopefully he stays strong and healthy, with a long career.

For a small guy, he can lay the lumber.

There can be no argument against Butler's being the biggest play. With the Tyree catch there was still no guarantee of the victory, work had to be done to get into the endzone. The Butler interception ended that game.

Butler ended the game.. its easily the biggest play

>+4
>1 yard
>2nd and goal
>26 seconds in 4th
>INT a blatant Touchdown pass
>ended the game

>not the biggest play in NFL history

wouldn't scott norwood's kick be the biggest play then?

He's a nigger

that's true, but he's a good nigger, like the one on the corner that gives you a shoe shine for a quarter

That's an example of a guy NOT making a play.

Even if Norwood had made it, Butler's was bigger because of the degree of difficulty of an interception versus making a field goal.

Good post

top 3 corner in the league

butler was skill tyree was luck

and butler sealed the game tyree just saved them from losing

he's a good corner

to good to be a no. 2 but not quite a no. 1

Upvote

>18-1

I think stopping Kevin Dyson at the 1 yard line in 2000 was also a worthy best play ever, IMO.

how do you tell if a black dude is handsome? he looks pretty generic to me

He has been the pats number 1 corner for 2 years lol...

That was one of the most exciting things I've ever seen aside from the Butler pick.

He looks good in that hat

25 year old stud corner

should have a long career

I never get to use this pic.

all pro this year senpai

Diehard pats fan here. Tyree catch was greater because it was david v goliath. Butler interception was a better play, but tyree catch was a great play because of the teams playing each other.

They're also similar in the aspect of who made the play

>Undrafted reserve corner from a nowhere school

>Middling Wide Receiver whose biggest accomplishment beforehand was just making the team

Fuck Talib and Revis

i think of it this way

if the pats had lost xlix would the circus catch there be the biggest play in nfl history?
it got the hawks closer to the endzone than tyree got the giants and would have played a bigger roll in the hypothetical victory

if you take the context of the season out it's Kearse's. if you take the context of the superbowl out then it's kearse by a mile separated by tons of other circus catches, trick plays, end of game returned PAT/FGs, and skillful picks

now let's come back to reality
butler's pick will be the #1 pick in any context
now add to it that it was in the superbowl
now add to it that it made brady tie for the nfl ring record as acknowledged by brady giving his MVP truck to butler(got brady in a little bit of trouble for that btw)

it's butler by a mile

This

Could be the most overrated catch in NFL history, alongside Odell meme Jr's

Really great CB. One of the best in the NFL.

If he hadn't made that play in the superbowl, would he be a thing? I kinda think that he'd be out of the NFL.

because pats d is trash

He's fantastic. Quietly and respectfully becoming one of the best corners in the NFL.

Belichick is a genius. Signed this guy, watched him and decided "this Butler guy is going to be so good, I don't need Derrel Revis anymore".
I, and every other Pats fan freaked out and second guessed him for letting Revis go but here we are, Butler is one of the top CBs in the NFL and Revis has fallen off hard.

and Fitzpatrick and Bradford are no.1 QB's

your point?

are all pats fans this delusional?

Superbowl 49 hero. made a great play.

developing into a top CB and easily deserves his starting job

Would Revis have fallen off a cliff so hard if he was still with the Pats though? You'd think Belichick would still scheme around what Revis can and can't do

>A Pats fan said it so even though everything he said is true, I'm going to whine about it because I'm sick of New England being so successful and making my team look like a joke. It's not fair!
The post

When a cornerback loses his physical gifts, it's hard to make up for it with schemes and such.
And really, look at how much the Jets are paying Revis. At that price tag you don't want a guy you need to plan around to make serviceable. You want a guy that can use their ability to be whatever you need him to be.

I agree with you, but keep in mind that under Belichick Julian Edelman and Troy Brown played slot cornerback when necessary. It wouldn't be absurd to think he'd give Revis a hybrid role. Given the rumors Revis might move to safety, it's also not outrageous to think Belichick might've tried that out a few times.

>le burned by odell man

Yeah but for the money you'd have to spend to get him you want a top 3 CB. Not a guy you have to find a way to squeeze in to the schemes because he used to be dominant.

Top 5 corner

>Not understanding the context and situation that made that catch so great
>Not understanding how Eli extended the play and somehow didnt get sacked.
>Not understanding how that play helped a mediocre wildcard team beat an undefeated godly team.

Stick to soccer and surrendering Mr. Baguette.

>somehow didn't get sacked
Don't even pretend you can't see the blatant holding

i want to suck his bbc

Can't wait for the Packers to eliminate the Giants so all the retarded Giants fans can go to bed.

INTERCEPTED ON THE GOAL LINE

No argument there. Even if you get an above average safety, you're still down a corner and that's arguably the most important position on defense anyway.

As a pats fan...that interception may very well be the greatest sports moment I'll ever see in real time

Care to show me where this so "blatant" holding took place? Even after looking at the play I dont see any and you seem to be the first person I've seen make that claim.

UNREAL

>the rules suddenly apply when the patriots are on the receiving end
18-1

>implying
It's all well and good but implying that Eli escaped that pocket through sheer force of will is retarded

*fumbling through his game sheets for his name... "BY MALCOM BUTLER!... UN-REAL!"

elite corner

How the fuck do the Patriots get these guys?Butlers from fucking West Alabama and worked in a shoestore before the Patriots called him back.

>not understanding the highest denominational chess move that is beli not taking a time out

this easily

lol