2017: The year of buttrock

>New Foo Fighters
>New QOTSA
>New Paramore
>New Royal Blood
>New System Of A Down (probably)
>New Arctic Monkeys (maybe)

Is this the year that buttrock defeated you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nkKCzCWk4EM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>arctic monkeys
>buttrock
Holy fuck, you're a faggot

SOAD is not buttrock (except for some songs off of Hypnotize)

arctic monkeys are worse than buttrock. i'll take post-grunge over their shit any day

did you just call SOAD buttrock? they're pretty decent actually

other bands are shit though, rock music in general died ages ago

None of those bands are buttrock. Foo Fighters is the closest thing and theye really aren't either.

Arctic Monkeys has gone so pop it's crazy, Paramore is synth pop now, System of a Down (along with Deftones and RATM) were the only really solid bands from the nu metal era, and QOTSA and Royal Blood are the last two garage-y and bluesy acts remaining on the charts and are barely a blip.

buttrock isn't the same as "popular rock band that I don't like"

Arctic monkeys aren't buttrock

>along with Deftones and RATM
those bands are literally as garbage as nu metal ever was, Korn was the real actually good nu metal band and SOAD aren't even really nu metal

Paramore isn't even rock anymore

korn will never be as good as deftones

Deftones are absolute shit with no redeeming values, gb2 reddit

Went to see this, had the time of my life

the fuck does buttrock even mean?

nice. how was soundgarden?

>Soundgarden
God damn I knew I should have gone
Almost went last year too for At The Drive-In but at least they're coming back to Columbus now
Nelsonville is still the superior Ohio music fest though tbqh

maybe listen to bands before judging them lmao

It used to refer to late 90s-early 2000s post-grunge bands because they all sounded horribly constipated, but now it's typically just used on Sup Forums to mean "Any band I don't like."

>deftones
>shit
Get taste.

They were supposed to play the day after the news of his death broke, so their set was replaced with a funeral eulogy type thing. We heard a lyrics only Black hole sun and TOTD's say hello to heaven, and corey taylor came out and did some classics like wish you were here and hunger strike

The following days of the festival had a RIP SENPAI vibe to it, and you heard Cornell's best hits being covered throughout the day. I was really impressed with The Pretty Reckless's like a stone cover, she was touring with him the night he killed himself and been doing this cover for years so it had alot of emotion. Rest of their set stinks though. youtu.be/nkKCzCWk4EM

nice projection, but I have and both Around the Fur and White Pony are aesthetically trash of the highest caliber, not better than Tool, Limp Bizkit, Mr. Bungle, Primus, Five Finger Death Punch, Drowning Pool, Alice in Chains and other pure auditory garbage like that

>Alice in Chains
>garbage

lol it's when you get taste you realize how awful that band is, it's basically vomit trying to cover up being vomit, but you still can feel the stench from miles afar

grunge is generally terrible and alice in chains are everything wrong with the genre summed up in one band

>he liked AM
Kek

Listen to the Jar of Flies EP and come back, you tasteless faggot

Grunge doesnt even exist, it was a term created by jews to sell records, holy shit do you even listen to music?

I suppose you could call Paramore buttrock.

tool are fine, mr bungle and alice in chains are great
you're completely musically inept

>He has never listened to AM

>He has never listened to Hypnotize or Mesmerize

Also Muse have new stuff out this year too.

AM isn't buttrock, it's just wanky pop rock

they're pretty much the dadrockiest band of the 90s and Jar of Flies is pretty much their equivalent of dadrock ballads

>tool are fine
stopped reading there

is this place really so infested with reddit nowadays? holy fuck

What's wrong with QOTSA?

they're just as shit a band as Josh Homme is hot, so yeah, very shit

Leftists are not welcome on Sup Forums

Burzum is pretty cool but you need to google bookchin, friend

So is buttrock now just a catch all for rock that at all mainstream?

Its not their worst album you fucking dweebs, I haven't even listened to it and even I know that. The fact that its got an 8.0/10.0 from Pitchfork (their highest rating ever for an Arctic Monkeys album) and probably a 10 from NME shows that it has significantly more acclaim than Humbug at the very least, and what an appropriate album title because that's what you all are - humbugs, mere plebiscites who aim to attach value to your meaningless existences via pretending to like some entry-level hipster bullshit except durr lol not the popular stuff *shits on the floor and flings it at normie bystanders* because you are fucking annoying, and its not just me that thinks this, even on this website we are starting to become bugged by people pretending to hate the most popular album of an artist because it is more popular. I'm shaking right now with rage the likes of which you cannot comprehend and frankly are reaching the end of my wits, yet it is you contrarians who shall fall first and bow before the lord in eternal shame. Humbug sucks, so does Suck It and See so no AM is not their worst album, its generic "indie-rock-for-people-who-are-too-lazy-to-find-their-own-preferences-and-dye-their-hair-blue"-core though its not as bad as some of their other material, Jesus Christ.

this is probably bait but I'm pretty sure the only reason this board hates AM so much is because Fantano have it a 3

I can give that Hypnotize has some awful tracks but it's generally okay and Mezmerize is more consistent than that album and both are better than even some "classic" SOAD actually

it means "music better than the garbage discussed on Sup Forums"