What are some notable artists/albums you've changed your mind about? How much has time changed your music taste?

What are some notable artists/albums you've changed your mind about? How much has time changed your music taste?

every month im into something different only a few artists withstand the test of time.

Many, many more cases of me disliking something I used to like than vice versa. Time changed my music taste around thiiis much.

Happens a lot. Oasis are a notable one. I thought they were just dumb knuckledragging ladrock, but now I realise they are but they've got great hooks and melodies.

used to listen to a lot of grunge when i was a teenager now i cant stand it

Used to love Muse and now I can't listen to nearly any of their music but I'm sure I'm not particularly special with that opinion

I assumed Fleet Foxes and Mac DeMarco were shit memeindie before I listened to them

They are lmao

I wonder what even made me like Muse in the first place, even going back to earlier albums I just can't listen to them anymore

I definitely enjoyed seeing them in concert but that's more for the show than the music. I don't really know what hooked me either. I'll still practice some of their bass lines though cuz they're catchy as fuck and good for warming up my hands

I used to think Oasis had great hooks and melodies but now I think they're just dumb knuckledragging ladrock.

used to think it was just an incredible album, now i think it's the best album of all time

They are tho

Can he get anymore pleb?

>mfw OP is actually Anthony

>used to think Blank Banshee was just a meme
>now I like memes
>fuck

I used to think dance music was garbage and now it's 95% of what I listen to.

this shit is embarrassing how did his opinion on it LESSEN over time

I hated New Wave because other people told me it was bad. Now I fucking love it.

well i never liked the ramones and i just blazed through about an hours worth of shitloads of tracks and

wtf i like ramones now.

Though danny brown was really strange when I first heard xxx, but now he my fav.

Liked wayne, got on the anti wayne dick ride train, then hoped back on the pro wayne dick ride train.

Thought 808s was kanye's weakest album by far. Slowly creeped up to be maybe my favorite Kanye record.

Thought Spirit of Eden was kind of a blueprint for Laughing Stock. Don't think that anymore.

All of Coil's discography.

I was too le patrician poser for Die Antwoord. Nowadays I listen them a lot

fuck off

Kanye West and Kate Bush.

>used to not like Pearl Jam, The Doors, Death Grips, most of David Bowie, Led Zeppelin, Primus, Rage Against the Machine, nor Talking Heads.
>now I do

>used to like Black Sabbath and Radiohead
>realized they both only have roughly 1 good album each.

>Damn, there's so many moments where there's, like, violence towards women on here.
what did he mean by this?

Don't tell me: Paranoid and OKC?

Is this a shill for your own tape?

I hated Radiohead at one point. Then I stopped being a metal elitist, turned 16 and quit being a little bitch.

no

only plebs hate new wave

Maybe you should listen to them :^)

As a rule, my perception of an artist's music NEVER improves significantly beyond what I initially thought of it. If anything, it decreases slightly over time (most every 9-10/10 artist is an 8/10 at best when I revisit them years later.) And usually I just end up going back to particular songs rather whole albums.

The only notable exception to this rule was the case of Grimes', whose muaic went from a 2/10 to a 9-10/10 over a listening gap of two years.

>he doesn't know about Yung Caucasian

thought iron monkey was the worst shit i'd ever heard when i first heard it in like 10th grade

then it became my fav sludge metal band

I used to think this record was just solid, but now I think it's one of the best rap albums of the decade.

Nice Grimes bait

>Grimes bait
>thinking everything on Sup Forums is bait
Lol. Will elaborate later (in whatever Grimes thread is currently active if this one dies) on specific details of how my ACTUAL change of mind unfolded.

Used to hate him, but now I got Rodeo on repeat.

Let me guess. Both of you started browsing Sup Forums and the hivemind changed your opinion.
Well fuck you. Muse's first 4 records are amazing

>Let me guess. Both of you started browsing Sup Forums and the hivemind changed your opinion.
You should stop guessing, because it's not working out for you. You can enjoy Muse, you know?

unironically they are

Same here. Holy fuck I've listened to Blank banshee, specially the first one.

First time I listened to the latest Wreck and reference album I didn't like it. Didn't even finished it.
Couple of months later I gave it another go (I guess on a different mind set) and it turned out an album I listened at least once for a full month.
I really think it's an underrated album.

once a day*
Whoops

It took me until about this point in my life to enjoy Rumors by Fleetwood Mac (I'm 22 and first heard it when I was probably 15 or something) which is kind of funny because as a teenager I listened to a lot more so called "dadrock" that I'm not into anymore. Back then I listened to Boston and other goofy arena rock type stuff so maybe it makes sense.

basically every band from the 90s... I was really into 90s rock as a kid and it was all I heard on the radio or on MTV. But looking back, so much of it is just terrible

Music has the Right to Children - used to hate on it, thought it's boring and didn't get what people were raving about.

It's one of my most played albums now. And BoC in my most played artists.

He's right

>How much has time changed your music taste?
When I was a kid I listened to pop/rock, now I can't stand that shit and only listen to classical music.