Divine thread//

Divine thread//
Let's talk about the non existence of any of the thousands of gods that have been created by mankind

If there is no god where did the material that exploded in the big bang come from?

Why do you think that it has to come from a being identical to us? You are you assuming that the material that came from the "big bang" couldn't have come from another souce other than god

It had to come from somewhere. He made us in his image.

we'll never know everything divine or otherwise so whats the use of arguing religion? every single thing comes to mine is better than yours.

everybody in this thread including myself is fucking stupid, and this is a fucking stupid thread.

so fuck you.

Yes it came from "somewhere"; but why do you assume that the only cause of it is god?

What else could it be? It cant come from nothing so it had to be created by god.

That it's not right, we really have a consensus of a lot of things, you are just saying that we don't know anything for certain which isn't true

it is said that god is omnipotent.
if he ia omnipotent, answer this:
if god created a stone that would be so heavy that no one can lift it even god, is god still omnipotent?

Why are you using the same logic as your everyday life?
A coin for example has been made by a human being, you know that because you learned it through time and experience, you can't apply that same logic to the origins of the universe

Yes. In his current stat he could make the stone and then when he goes to lift it increase his strength to lift it.

>the
That really makes no sense, you are not really understading quite well this paradox

What other logic should i use? I can only go by what i know and as far as i know nothing comes from nothing

it cant be proven to be created by god. it might be something produced from the past

he makes a good point and i consider myself agnostic.
>it cant come from nothing so it had to be created by god

God is real. Proof:

then your answer means he is not omnipotent, he couldn't create a stone he cant lift

I'm not saying that we came from "nothing", there is no sense or evidence for the existence of god, imaginary friends are not necessary for us to be alive

Not really. Are you asking if he could create one that he could never lift or just one he cant lift? If he cant lift 100 lbs then he could create a pound 105 stone and then build more muscle and then lift it.

"God" can be a name given to whatever/whoever/idk which is the cause of the existence of our universe.
But to think "it" has any input on our lives, or that for any reason "god" would care about us is dumb. Maybe one day we'll find out where we all came from. Maybe not.

If it didnt come from nothing where did it come from?

Ok well where the fuck would the guy come from that created everything? He's just been here for billions of years chilling and one day decides" eh fuck it i'll create some shit"

You are using a false dichotomy, you are assuming there is one possible set of options.
In that case, which god is the real one between the thousands of gods? Jesus? Mohammed? Zeus? Krishna? that doesn't prove the existence of any of those

Basically. He was before time and will be here after. He created all there is and will ever be

Makes zero sense to me. He would have had to have been created himself so who did that? and who came before that?

What does the name matter? How do you know they arent all the same person?

We have to be humble and accept that we will not know the answer of that between our lifespan, only our human experience through the years will tell

My dog is God.

Anyone who disagrees is faggot like OP

There was no before that. He is eternal. He wasnt created.

that means he cant create something he can not lift

They aren't because if you read all of the "scriptures" and storytelling's you will notice that they can't be the same being by any means, everyone is different even if they have some similarities

And basically he's magic too? It would make absolutely no sense that if he could magically wave his finger that he would let so many people suffer. The logic behind that in the bible is so dumb. I see bible thumpers on facebook all commenting on a page about a kid in the ICU. They all say god is great he has a plan! ok so if he ends up suffering a horrible death god wanted that? So stupid.

We may not know but we do know that nothing comes from nothing so that means that it came from someone at some point

People get things wrong. Their version of the truth doesnt mean that is the truth.

Magic is the word we use for things we cant explain.

why are we all assuming god's gender?

Yeah unless someone can explain this there is no way I will ever believe. They are all completely different gods with completely different stories and they all believe theirs is the only one? I highly highly doubt there are a bunch of gods sitting up in space or whatever at a table saying yeah I'll take this region and you take that one and muhammad child fucker you take that one.

Like it could be a woman

it can be explained, it is just that we don't understand yet

The fact that everything you experience in your everyday life or every object you see (for example, a clock, your computer, desk) is made by a human being doesn't mean that the entire universe is made by "someone". You are concluding in your own premise that in order to have matter we need an external being, but you fail to explain why that is

I'm just wondering how he isn't considered the biggest piece of shit for all the awful she he has let go on. Why doesn't he just solve all the problems and let us live in harmony. I would be quicker to believe this is a simulation than a real god with magical powers exists.

So one day people will be on the same level as god?

could be gay or lesbian

That can be applied to the belief in god too, the fact that we make mistakes does't mean we don't know anything for certain

yeah those arent genders

I thought he was supposed to come back down and show himself or some shit. What happened to that? Scientists how the earth has been around billions of years and the bible says it's been around for thousands. Care to explain that?

humans are already acting god on earth, doing all this destruction and creation

So you think there may be a way to get matter from nothing?

there was a god who held saturn above earth but god is dead and saturn has left the partnership with earth

If that was the case then every bible fucker wouldn't hate gays.

why are we basing god's existence on bible?
god could be a being in higher dimension

If i asked you to explain quantum mechanics but you can only give broad strokes that doent mean the general ideas you put forth are how it actually works. The bible was a guess at how it will work

No, the fact that you have been taught that the only way of reality being as it is, couldn't have come from other source other than god doesn't make it the only plausible explanation.
I'm not saying that i know anything for certain, and im not saying that we came from "nothing"

What has man created equivalent to what god created?

>It cant come from nothing so it had to be created by god.

That's terrible logic for many reasons. You realize that, right?

First of all, it doesn't answer anything - only causes a fallacy of infinite regression. If god created everything, who created god? If your answer is "god just always was there," then how is that any f\different from the natural mechanics behind the creation of the universe "always" being there?

Second, science is making a strong case that something CAN come from nothing under the right circumstances - such circumstances being possible prior to the big bang. Do some research.

tl;dr your logic is grade school level tbh fam.

Your nothing is not nothing. It still contains things needed to cause the expansion of time and space. I mean nothing nothing. 100% nothing. No rules. No laws. No matter. No gravity. NOTHING.

>Your nothing is not nothing. It still contains things needed to cause the expansion of time and space.

Yes and no - it's not that simple. I suggest you read up on it - Lawrence Krauss does a decent job of breaking it down in to layman's terms.

But let's assume your statement is true - that doesn't change the argument - only strengthens it. Because now we're seeing that there was never truly "nothing" in or outside of our universe to begin with. This is consistent with our current models of physics and in no way implies a creator - it implies the opposite, in fact.

humans are already researching those time machine shits and are already synthesizing matter and zero point energy

I know krauss' quantum particles popping into existence theory but they came from the quantum realm so that is still something. Where did the rules for how quantum particulars behave come from?

we could also be living in a simulation. but fuck, why should we care?

>Where did the rules for how quantum particulars behave come from?

We don't know yet. But this in no way implies that they were intelligently designed. They could just as easily (and more logically) have been "set" or "created" under naturally occurring circumstances - the same way new land naturally occurs via magma from earths core forcing it's way to the ocean surface due to pressure and cooling down. No "creator" necessary.

>I know krauss' quantum particles popping into existence theory

You may have heard of it - but you clearly don't understand it. And it's not just Krauss' theory - it's the result of hundreds of physicists and mathematicians from around the world working together with the latest data and technology - Krauss just popularized it in the media because he's set himself up as a mouthpiece.

Sorry, but I hate it when people try to make it sound like valid, viable theories are just things that one crazy atheist scientist pulls out of his ass.

the deeper you read this thread, the more it is getting bullshit

Its still just a theory regardless of who came up with it. They will never be able to prove it just like god cant be proved.

Another statement deeply rooted in ignorance. Equating the validity of a tested, researched, scientific theory to the idea of "hey, maybe there's a god" is simply asinine. The two are not equally valid arguments - not by a long shot.

+1 to basically everything this dude says.