How do i get into this?

How do i get into this?

First listen has been and absolute nightmare, literally the worst thing i've ever heard.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KQsdO8e8fwY
boards.4tan.org/mu/thread/72235859/#72238556
youtube.com/watch?v=IsiQRjp4pM0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>How do i get into this?
listen to it more?
what is it that you dont like about it?

>How do i get into this?
Don't. If you don't like it, go listen to something else.

If Loveless is the worst thing you've ever heard, you must not have ever listened to music before.

babby's first noise
you'll get it eventually

youtube.com/watch?v=KQsdO8e8fwY

I dont understand the lyrics and it literally sounds bad, like overcompressed. Even a somewhat "uncompressed" version still sounds like shit.

i know user, i just want to know what's so special for so many Sup Forumstants

>I dont understand the lyrics
>Guitars are typically distorted into droning or feedback drenched textures, and the group itself strives to create a 'wall-of-sound' atmosphere that takes a noisy, distorted approach and/or a lusher, more 'dreamscape' sensation. While vocals and melodies do exist, they are subordinate to the overriding sensation of the song, and melt into the background.

>>Guitars are typically distorted into droning or feedback drenched textures, and the group itself strives to create a 'wall-of-sound' atmosphere that takes a noisy, distorted approach and/or a lusher, more 'dreamscape' sensation. While vocals and melodies do exist, they are subordinate to the overriding sensation of the song, and melt into the background.

Good point, going to watch the video

it isnt noise though.

OP what do you listen to that you do like? its possible that it just isnt for you. regardless of how highly acclaimed it is, not everyone is supposed to like it.

And here's the post I've made in similar threads:
boards.4tan.org/mu/thread/72235859/#72238556

>caring about lyrics
you are a pleb of the worst kind

If Loveless is your first or even one of your first couple shoegaze album you're probably bound to hate it. It's the heaviest and most "shoegazey" of any album I've ever heard, I'd shelve it and come back later after listening to other stuff.

Yes, it is my first shoegaze album. I'll take your advice, any recommendations for a pleb "shoegaze" starter?

loveless isn't noise

>caring about lyrics
Makes sense not to, at least in the case of shoegaze, because you can't actually hear them and they're used as another layer of instrumentation.

it has noisy elements

Thanks for the point, didn't know that
You don't help and you should kys

Slowdive - Souvlaki
Mazzy Star - So Tonight That I might See
The Jesus and Mary Chain - Psychocandy
Cocteau Twins - Heaven or Las Vegas

Last two aren't really shoegaze but are good starters

What the point of saying words then? Just wail or something.

noisy elements =/= noise

>inb4 pedantry

Thanks user, listening to Slowdive rn

never listened to the Cocteau twins then?

This video explains it well. You should also listen to it loud as hell. And of course not through laptop speakers. Don't worry about hearing damage. It's mixed perfectly. Crank it up as loud as you want to.

Other Anons make recommend something I don't but it also helps to get into dream pop as well as just shoegaze.

Slowdive - Souvlaki (Shoegaze/Dream Pop)
Sweet Trip. - Velocity : Design : Comfort (IDM/Shoegaze) [First track is mostly like Glitch, the album significantly changes after the first track]
Catherine Wheel - Ferment (Alternative Rock/Shoegaze) **
Lift to Experience - The Texas-Jerusalem Crossroads (Post-Rock/Shoegaze) **
Swerve Driver - Mezcal Head (Alternative Rock/Shoegaze)
Ride - Going Blank Again (Shoegaze) **
Beach House - Bloom (Dream Pop)
Cocteau Twins - Heaven or Las Vegas (Dream Pop)
(** Personal Favorites)

Look some of these up and decide what you want to listen to first, it may help to listen to one that's combined with a genre you're already acquainted with. Loveless is also considered to be Noise Pop as well as Shoegaze, I also didn't like it when I first heard it and decided to explore shoegaze considerably more before I listened to it again, it turned into my favorite genre.

Thanks user, this is gud stuff

Souldive has been good so far, really enjoying it

It, like a lot of music, is just another love it or hate it type of thing. I guess this album's like having a foot fetish, those who love it don't understand how others don't and those who don't love it don't understand how others do. Y'know?

>Other Anons make recommend something I don't but it also helps to get into dream pop

what

It's not for everybody, dont force yourself to like something

Strange, it's the first shoegaze I've ever heard and I fell in love with it in the first 5 seconds.

try and pick apart the individual layers of noise
see how they interact with each other and ebb and flow
the lyrics dont matter, and no one really knows what they're saying
also play it louder
you get it eventually

Dream Pop is the genre that's most commonly mixed with Shoegaze because they work to accomplish a similar spacey atmosphere. If someone has trouble getting into it because Shoegaze is straight up too noisy then Dream Pop is a decent place to start by itself or as a mixer with Shoegaze.

>Posting this faggot

Given that there are no similar videos, who should I post?

read the sentence it makes no fucking sense

same here, it was like hearing direct emotions through the guitar, loved it at first listen

The lyrics matter. But they aren't supposed to be super clear so you fill in some of the blanks subconsciously. They're actually fantastic lyrics

Try listening to When You Sleep a few times. It's more comprehensible than the rest If your concern is lyrics

Pshh just wait til Loveless clicks. No other shoegaze band even comes close.

Mind if I ask what your using to listen to music?

Perhaps a live version would help you. In this version you can clearly hear the individual instruments and Bilinda Butcher's voice

youtube.com/watch?v=IsiQRjp4pM0

I dunno but I can only say that my brother used to despise this album until I forced him to listen to it a couple more times and now it's one of his favorite albums of all time, one of mine too.