What's the best Whiskey? I know this isn't whiskey but it's the only thing I've drank

What's the best Whiskey? I know this isn't whiskey but it's the only thing I've drank

It's all left up to personal taste, OP. I prefer a nice bourbon myself. And J&B Rare is Whisky. It's a scotch whisky.

Gentleman Jack

Blue Label is pretty decent.

I've wanted to try chivas regal but there are too many types to choose from. Also I heard Wild Turkey is good but that isn't available in my country

Makers Mark

A list of good common bourbons you can find are Maker's Mark, Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare, Jim Beam Black Label, Larceny, or the WL Weller line.

Pappy Van Winkle

Chivas is alright. If you're interested in Scotch, what you want to look for is single malt scotches. Try looking for something like Glenmorangie or Glenlivet.

>unironically posting jack daniels

It's crap. Fumes knock you out before you even taste it. If you like bourbons try Buffalo Trace or Gentleman Jack, if you like Scotch, any single malt basically, avoid blended. You know it's a good whiskey if 1. The fumes don't knock you out, 2. You only need ice.

Good stuff, hard to find down under tho

Crown Royal, Canadian Whiskey

Laphroaig or Talisker

Single malts: the ultimate maymay

My favorite whiskeys
>Bourbon
Bookers, Bulleit, Eagle Rare, Van Winkle, Makers Mark, plain ole Jim Beam
>Scotch
Generally prefer single malts, notably Macallan
>Tennessee
Jack Daniels

That's my Dad's drink of choice.

Being a /F/ag aside, Jack Daniels and Gentleman Jack are actually good whiskeys, Silver Select is shite though

I enjoy that stuff quite well, OP.

I've been told it's better with ice, but...I drink it straight.

Dude, you got good taste, but Jim Beam??? Fuck, that's trash! Doesn't matter what coloured label.

It's good to see Van Winkles get a few mentions, is it common where you guys are? Can't get it in Australia, I've only tasted it from a friend who bought it back from the USA

Jameson

And then he gets mad.

My favourite scotch is Laphroiag, can't just beat that taste.

Also, anyone who puts ice in their whisky/whiskey of choice is a moron with no taste buds.

OP here, when I put ice in J&B I find the smell gets stronger, is that normal?

J and B is literally whiskey. Lol wtf?

My morning breakfast.

great taste. laphroaig quarter cask is my favourite scotch. i´d like to have some of their higher priced ones, but they´re too expensive and i don´t know wich are worth it

I thought blends were different, I dont know much about whiskey

Can I put whiskey in the freezer like chartreuse?

Favourite bourbon : makers mark
Favourite irish whiskey: jameson
Favourite whiskey in general: gibsons rare canadian whiskey

canadian/scotch = whisky
irish/usa = whiskey

correct me if i´m wrong though

Whiskey is the type of liquor.

Scotch is whiskey made in scotland

Whiskey is made from either barley or rye.

Bourbon is made with 51% corn mash and then either rye or barley.

Does Whiskey and Bourbon have that much different of tastes?

Also another cool fact about whiskey is that shit is CLEAR... it gets its brown color from sitting in barrels sucking up the natural sugars in the wood.

Jack Daniels literally torches the inside of the barrels before putting their whiskey inside of it. They also use a charcoal filter afterwoods.

Many scotch companies will then buy the used jack daniel barrels and use those older ones for their scotch. Hence the lighter color and taste of most scotches.

Yes. Bourbon is generally "sweeter". If you want a decent bottle that isnt gonna cost you too much Jameson Irish Whiskey is pretty legit.

If you can find it, try WL Weller. Best bourbon for the money. Period.

Yellow Spot, Quiet Man, Writers Tears, Jameson cooper's Croze, Tullamore Dew...