Any other stoners out there that wake up super groggy every day...

Any other stoners out there that wake up super groggy every day. this has been happening almost every day for the past year. The sleep is good but it always feels difficult to wake up and get going.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5B-FtcRpniQ&t=6s
youtube.com/watch?v=x5BtMxtF6MU&t=1s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nope. Best sleep = best wake up = gonna be a fucking good day.

Maybe you need a better mattress and/or pillow. Also, drink plenty of water throughout the day and stretch at night. Even if you think you're not doing anything but sitting at a computer, you're still straining your muscles that need to be stretched at the end of the day. 30 seconds each stretch.

I read somewhere that THC can inhibit your ability to go into REM sleep. Try not smoking for 2 days and you'll realize how much more refreshed you are when you wake up.

Yah but like when I don't smoke weed I wake up easier. With weed it always this grogginess that won't go away. I always wake up super delusional for the first 1-2 minutes of just laying there.

OP here. Weed does suppress REM sleep. But waking up shouldn't be like this because I know stoner friends who wake up just fine.

smoking every day ruins the magic, do it every weekend instead, like a reward

So quit smoking weed? If you're hoping some magical user will come along and cure you of your groggyness while still allowing you to smoke weed you're probably going to be waiting a while.

Nah man, the magic is always there for me. I smoke good quality bud only and I won't stop.

I just wanna know what it is. Weed is still too good to quit. Also my life is financially great, so im not as much of a degenerate as you think.

Fuck the magic man I just want to get stoned daily. My life is a perpetual hell of a millennial existence.

it gets boring to me always dissociated and hazed, i like sober life too

I never meant to call you a degenerate. I smoke daily myself. I was just saying honestly if it's giving you issues quit for a while.

yeah I guess you guys are doing it to escape from the pain in your lives, I do it to have fun and for the interesting mind changes so thats why i dont get you maybe

Sounds like you're smoking mid level product.

I had this feeling when I smoked lower level dank. I stepped up to top notch shit about 5 months ago and I wake up fine every morning.

OP here. I smoke weed for pleasure and experience. Not to get rid of negative feelings.

Exactly right. We're just lucky enough to be shamed as degenerates for choosing to escape using weed instead of liquor. We're seen as "failures" for trying to relieve some stress.

No it's high end stuff. It comes right from a medical dispensary that honestly sells the best weed I ever smoked

Actually, you're being targeted by people as sad as you are trying to feel like they're less pathetic than you are, ignore them or point out their lives back
The thing about pleasure is that it fades when triggered too often, so I'm going to think you're doing this to escape tbh

Youre smoking on the cat piss. You know, the weed that smells like cat piss. Its the pesticides they use for the cheap strains. Some growers use it some dont. Just gotta know your shit. Only smoke good quality weed

I smoke fucking brick reg all day in my shitty ass non legal state. Never wake up feeling any sort of way about it. No headaches or anything. No grogginess either. I literally smoke like 5g of brick weed a day since it's so shit potency.

>Implying Dispensary's actually sell top level stuff.

When I smoke brick it tastes like dirt and gives me headaches. Maybe youre just a special guy

I thought the same thing from a spot i was going to, switched to another place and their top notch weed was 10x better then anything i had ever gotten from the other place, hmm, maybe it's the place you get it from.

I've researched the growers and their methods. It's grown in Illinois and their weed is the most restricted in the country. They do not use pesticides and other chemicals. Again it's medical so it has strict regulations.

it might be that you're a junkie

Damn, maybe you drink a shit ton of water then, brick weed makes me want to die.

Are you Mexican? I used to know a lot of Mexicans in high school that smoked brick weed religious and their older cousins and shit too.

Or maybe you are? Who's to say who's fucked and who's not?

>implying a shithead weed dealer is going to grow better weed than a dro lab

Pay for connoisseuror private reserve and the weed will be the best youve had.

Id take whatever you find with a pinch of salt though, The groggy feeling shouldn't be there unless its something else. Must be more chemicals or something added somewere.
Never said street weed is good either as it isn't. Your that concerned about your weed, grow it yourself and u know exactly whats happened to it

Lmao my bad, I realize special guy may have come off as rude. I meant like maybe u have a tolerence to it. I only smoke good weed tho so maybe im not used to the stems and seeds and shit in brick

I don't drink much water either honestly. I usually slam a few cans of soda a day and that's it. Not Mexican either. I live in the center of the bible belt. Any "dank" that does make it's way out here is questionable at best. At least my neighboring state just went medical. Hopefully soon recreational?

How're your allergies? People get better sleep breathing through their noses and weed makes my nose stuffy. Combine that with allergies and it could prevent restful sleep

thank me later
>iFuck Tonight.com

My allergies are low to none

True, if you can afford to do so. Its definitely safer and healthier, but a veteren grower is gonna have the best quality

Ah yeah I feel ya. I didn't take it as rude anyhow my friend. We're a bunch of stoners here. Going to take a lot to rustle these jimmies. I'm just not in the best shape financially at the moment. If I chose to get some dank with my weekly allotted weed money it would be maybe a quarter and a couple grams at best. At the rate I smoke that quarter would last me maybe 2 days if I was lucky. When I get the brick I can get over an ounce a week and pretty much smoke anytime I feel like lighting up a bowl. It actually does get me pretty stoned too when I can pack a gram bowl for myself.

Coffee, you dumb ass fucktard

This happens to me too OP. It only happens when I smoke directly before going to be though. I consider it a weed hangover

Damn, how are you not dead?

I don't drink water ever, Im alive and well. I live on soda honestly.

Actually it might be cause I smoke wed everyday before bed lol

Not trying to brag but I've smoked probably 20+ pounds of weed in the last 5 years of me smoking. I went through a 200k settlement almost entirely on weed over the period of a year. Was flying out to Denver daily and staying for weeks at a time smoking top shelf supply. Long story short, now broke and smoking the brick remembering the good times. I'm pretty sure the massive amount of smoke that's gone into my lungs over the years has made me immortal to weed.

Why did you "yeah but..." me. I literally gave you advise for better sleep overall while you gave me excuses.

How old are you?

If you are dabbing or eating edibles it could definitely be messing with your sleep. Aside from inhibiting REM sleep, your body needs rest to be able to give you all those pleasure inducing hormones and chemicals. If you are using more marijuana than your brain has chemicals to produce, you need sleep to get "high" again. In your case, if you are indeed over doing it, your body is releasing chemicals as you sleep. This makes you tired from marijuana's effects, tired from no REM sleep or proper rest, and tired because your brain never got the chance to recoupe it's chemical reserves properly. As others have said, take a break and your sleep will improve

OP here. wow interesting, I appreciate the fact you told me why.

Yeah the good weed is expensive but since I live in a legal state I look for deals on Weedmaps and only pick up those. Then I get to know the employees and get cool with them, and they throw in free grams and shit. If you can afford it, and its reasonable, move to a legal state. Will spare you the legal paranoia too.

Damn good post user. Gonna take a TB after reading

I stopped smoking because weed was making me retarded. People argue the fuck out of the pros to weed but you faggots are in denial if you think there aren't any cons.
>9 years being stoned taught me

No problem man. Daily smoker, grower, lab worker blah blah here. I've explained it to people like this. Your brain starts out like a wet sponge, normally dropping your pleasure inducing chemicals here and there. Marijuana use is like squeezing the sponge, you get alot more pleasure in a short amount of time. The problem is there is only so much water in a sponge. At some point your squeezing and getting next to nothing. To re-wet your sponge your body needs rest

My fucking sponge must be looking like Spongebob's grandma or something then. I can't imagine that shit has much left to squeeze on any given day.

Wow, these are honestly amazing explanations, so simple. Also Im really fucking high right now.

Tolerance breaks can actually.be taken on a schedule of 4 days off and 28 days on marijuana. If you are already an avid user I suggest a 1-2 week break to fully reset yourself, then smoke your 28 days, then take your 4 days off. If you can stick to the 4:28 ratio you will have a lower general tolerance than your stoney buddies

this

Sorry to break it to you, but weed affects everybody differently.

Hehe look at me Ima dirty pathetic stoner lmao dank memes guys xD

>ITT delusional stoners.

Only when I decarb flower. When I vape, not so much.

I'm not saying I don't believe you, but I personally smoke daily and have never had any issues. I've smoked daily for about 3 or 4 years now. Only exception being the occasional day or two I skip for business or just general trips around. Never had any troubles sleeping or having my "sponge" get wet. When I say smoke daily too I mean all sorts of stuff. Concentrates to flower and edibles in the middle. Is it possible that some people have bigger sponges than others so to speak? I've never needed a TB to get stoned ever honestly.

Useful info. Maybe that way I can smoke less too. Youre a godsend. An angel of kush

sounds like you dont get enough sleep, dont blame weed for that.

You didn't check my quads new fags! But yes I have the same problem, my sponge is haggard and covered in debris I'm sure lol. It's the same reason you get so high off a wake and bake tho. Your brain has replenished some of the chemical reserves

Well believe me or not, the proof is in the pudding. Do you get higher on your first smoke of the day or your last? Your answer is obviously the first, the reason being is you got that juicy sponge. And yes everyone's brain chemistry is different. You may produce more chemicals than others or at a faster rate. You could also have been smoking for less time than OP, hence he had the problem and you do not

Just take a t-break and see if it helps, if it doesn't your sleeping problems are coming from elsewhere

Smoke sativa more often
youtube.com/watch?v=5B-FtcRpniQ&t=6s

So basically eventually inevitably I'll start feeling like shit from my daily smoking and can do nothing about it but take a tb?

I've been ripping literally everything out of this giant thing for the entire almost 4 years. How fucked am I eventually?

Eventually you will have some negative effects from marijuana, yes. As powerful of a drug as marijuana is for good, it's ignorant to think you can mess with your delicate body chemistry forever without side effects. It materializes in people differently. You may end up with panic attacks, restlessness, sleeping problems, breathing problems (it is still organic plant matter), blood sugar issues, and even minor cns conditions. I've had several of those problems manifest after 10+ years of use

Once you get one or more of these is it permanent or will quitting get rid of the issues over time?

And let me add to this, stopping can also present problems! Marijuana helps regulate blood sugar, hence blood sugar issues upon stopping. The cilia in your lungs also become paralyzed from smoking and crusted from resin. Normally cilia sweep your lungs clean of debris, but if they have been paralyzed they will not. So once you stop smoking, they begin again....making breathing horrible for a while after heavy use. This is the same reason for waking up and coughing gunk off from marijuana or cig smoke

Depends on the issue present. Most should subside after stopping for a while, each problem a different timeline. Panic attacks tho for example can be an ongoing thing until you learn to cope

This has been my problem for a while dude. Highly recommend trying not to smoke every day. Weed was way more fun when I wasn't a daily smoker. It's hard because it feel like there's no reason not to smoke sometimes, but it does have negative effects, such as the grogginess. I've been off for five days, and I can get out of bed so much easier now. Though I am getting lit tonight.

>It's hard because it feel like there's no reason not
to smoke sometimes

As trivial as it is, this is my reasoning too. It's hard to tell yourself NOT to smoke when there is literally no reason not to.

The only wya to stopit is to work out and sweat the thc out of your system,
One good day of like 40 mins worth of cardio should solve ur problem breh

Exactly. I have money, I have time, getting high is just icing on the cake usually. Until you realize the reason you want to so bad is because of the habit and not your enjoyment. I've found that getting high has lately been more about craving than the high itself. I've been trying to tell my body that it's not gonna get weed everyday so I'm not just expecting it all the time. All about will power my man!

I feel ya homie. It's just so damn hard when the majority of your life is sitting around doing nothing. I don't have many good friends to hang out with so once I'm home what else to do? I usually smoke and play the vidya until bedtime. Maybe I should consider getting a new hobby or something to help preoccupy some of the time I spend smoking.

Everything is addictive my friend. People like to claim weed is not but just watch my strange addiction....people can be addicted to anything you or your body get use to. It can be just mental or just physical addiction or both even

switch your strain from indica to sativa

Try something with less of the CBD. That's the stuff that makes you feel lethargic.

You don't HAVE to get the strongest stuff you can find. I know weed =/= alcohol, but if you're used to 80 proof rum and step up to 151, you're going to feel different in the morning.

Think about the active ingredients (THC and CBD) and how they affect your body. The CBD could be what's making you so lethargic the next day.

These niggas just said the same thing but the second one is just a faggot.

Stop projecting, simply because you were lazy for 9 years straight doesn't mean other people are as lazy as you.
I've been smoking for 6 years now, I'm in my third semester of university.

>Checked
Reward quads for actually posting helpful info for fellow anons
Fuck yeah.

Experts can't find the difference between physical and mental addictions. Any addiction is formed by stimulating your basal ganglia. Some substances (like heroin) stimulate it directly. Some substances (like marijuana) CAN stimulate it indirectly, but it really depends on the person.

yeah a bit but im fine after a coffee/cigarette or bong combo

Which is an interesting topic we should go into further detail about for those interested.

>like me

no u dum ass weed iffects every1 the same n my antidodal x-spear-e-ants can be applies to all humins

it's a very weak addiction like codeine or coffee

you'll just feel a bit shit for a couple days without it but after that you wont be craving it or anything

10/10 I have panic attacks all the time nowadays, no ragrets!
>Srsly tho shit fucking sucks don't let it get to that point trust me.

Trips checked, also can confirm info is accurate

Indica makes me sleep like 11-12 hours but sativa I can sleep and wake up just fine

I'm not an expert, I just listened to a podcast from a PhD in neuroscience talking with a guy about his drug use and shit life. There is a lot of cringe stuff from the caller, but JF is really awesome at explaining advanced stuff simply.

youtube.com/watch?v=x5BtMxtF6MU&t=1s

You should check him out if you have time to listen to podcasts at the gym or during your commute to work.

I'm already a nervous wreck on a daily basis for no given reason. Panic attacks would be one hell of a cake topper.

Just so you guys know, anyone who said that weed ruined their life and made them lazy, they're all lying. They're lazy and probably haven't even smoked weed but want to have a voice on the matter to be that one edgy little fuck that has beliefs that go against the known science of marijuana.

Are you on anything else? Like mood stabilizers or antidepressants?

Try not to go to sleep while high

CBN is what makes you feel lethargic.....not CBD bud

Much appreciated random user. I'll give this a watch when I get home tonight.

thats why propper users have speed or coke to get around the unwanted effects of a downer like weed

You're delusional if you think weed addiction doesn't ruin peoples' lives. Just because it didn't ruin yours doesn't mean everyone is that way.

When you say "the science of marijuana" are you talking about the picture floating around with "Experts say that weed totally cures cancer and turns you into a better person" or are you talking about clinical studies that have very specific and direct purposes that don't have enough precedence to make generalizations about the population yet?

I've never once felt shitty after smoking huge quantities and then going on a tolerance break. I smoke weed ery deh. Even while I'm working. Smoke some sativa to get an upper from weed. Indica to make you want to sit down and be comfortable. Some people's endocannabinoid systems work differently and can have opposite or different affects for sativa and indica.

Thank you for the correction.