Nu Sup Forums doesnt talk about lorde

>nu Sup Forums doesnt talk about lorde

Sad!

My pick for AOTYSF. At least the best pop album this year for sure

>OP wasn't on Sup Forums in the days after Melodrama dropped and there were multiple threads at any given time

Unfortunate

The Louvre is the only interesting song.

Fuck off with your top-40 board pollution trash.

WHY.jpg

>there are "people" on this board RIGHT NOW who refuse to listen to this because they think it's "generic top40"

It came out 3 days ago you fucking retard. Is this bait?

I did listen to it, only to discover that it's generic top 40. If the average top 40 pop album is a 4/10, this is a 5/10.

Lorde is definitely a standout among all of the mainstream pop princesses that have emerged over the last 10 years. Keen to listen to this

First album was better but this isn't bad

lorde fell off

If you're not listening to the entire album each time you're doing it wrong.

stupid memes thread
lorde is cool though

>listen to it
>"huh this sounds weird, really different, almost like a bleachers song or something"
Turns out it was produced by that guy from bleachers and Fun. Don't know why tf they would do that, the new album has almost totally lost what made the first one great

lorde bump

Paramore is better pop

S O P H O M O R E S L U M P

Not with this album.

this album has me crying

I don't remember Sup Forums being so poptimist last time I was on here semi-regularly a couple years ago...

great album

Yeah because she didn't sing about drugs, alcohol, promiscuous sex, partying, drama, and "im a pretty girl with tons of boys who want me but im so sad bc me and my bf just broke up :-(" like those other mainstream pop princesses

OH WAIT

Because Lorde is shit.

Seriously, this is not Tumblr.

this is a lot worse than the new paramore

Yeah - THIS desu.

Which isn't to say that I think the new record is bad. It's just that one of the things that made her debut so special was the focus on non-stereotypical subject matter in the song lyrics.

Imo music quality-wise Melodrama is very much on (or very close to) par with Pure Heroine. But it's definitely missing a great deal of magic where the lyrics are concerned.

I wonder if Lorde still lurks here

Thought the album was dropping in July, nice surprise whenever I saw it on Spotify. I listened to Pure Heroine for the first time last month and it made me excited when I found out she was coming out with a new album. didn't listen to any of the preview tracks except for green light which I loved. My favorite tracks on the album are Sober and Writer in the dark

;-;

Given that she no longer has any onion ring reviews to write, she's gotta do SOMETHING to pass the time...

>implying