People unironically think Seinfeld is better than OFAH

>people unironically think Seinfeld is better than OFAH

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2AzEY6ZqkuE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They're wrong. But you posted Albert, which puts your taste into question.

He was no worthy replacement for Grandad Trotter.

Speaking of replacements, did I ever tell you about the time I was stationed in Egypt, son?

IT'S POTTER

AND THEN TRIGGER MADE A FACE

There were tugs nudging freighters into position. Cranes lifting out timber from Canada, bananas from Jamaica. The pubs and the cafes, they were filled with sailors from a hundred countries. By the time I was seven, I could swear in ten different languages. There were streets all around here, loads of two up and two down houses. "Dockers mansions" they called them. Yeah, ragamuffins kicking footballs up against the wall, women used to come out and chase us away with their brooms. Ha ha. They were rough people... but they was good people. During the Blitz some of the men painted a sign on the roof of a warehouse so that the Luftwaffe pilots could see it. It said "Dear Adolf, you can break our windows but not our hearts". Look at what they done to it now.

Ugh, I can't seem to find either Jerry or Julia LD even remotely funny. Even the good gags got spoiled by those two fuckwits.

On the other hand Fools n Horses were sort of an religion in the Balkans at the time when I was growing up so, yeah... might just be based as fuck.

I ASKED FOR AN EMPEROR BURGER

What is OFAH?

Really? I always imagined it had to be a domestic thing. UK and ROI at most. What part of the Balkans are you from?

HE KNOWS I HATE CHEESE

Serbia, or more specifically, Yugoslavia at the time. It has a lot to do with our recession/inflation in the early 90s.
Now, we usually got good tv shows at the time, and could appreciate good humor. 'Horses just got a lot luckier with it's theme [which was, at one point, pretty much like everyone's personal story].
Even the cast were astounded with how much yugoslavs loved the show.

I think British humor is pretty universal, which helps a lot.

>Viva Hooky Street
There's something fucking noble about the Trotters eternal struggle lads

That's really interesting. Someone could write a thesis on the subject.

That's colonialist talk.

There's something both comfy and depressing about it too.

AND IT'S THE FUNNIEST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED

DEL BOY, STEW. HE WAS VERTICAL, AND HE BECAME HORIZONTAL

HAHA TOP GEAR IS SHIT HAHAHA I HATE POPULAR MEDIA

this current trend where everyone in the show is comfortably off and middle class is such a sterile vibe. yeah getting a cup of expensive coffee in a coffee shop is great lad thx for that cheers for the pathos.
i guess the last show where they were genuinely poor was trailer park boys?

And then Stewart lee repeated the line again

That's a good point. Amerifats haven't successfully made a tv show about poor people have they?

Goddamit I do'n't know how to link to posts in other boards.

it's in this thread
and called ban jin ba lian theme.webm

Hong Kong 70s film got a very OFAH vibe from the lyrics

they had sanford and son... which is a remake of steptoe and son (a lot of steptoe and son influence on ofah ofc)

>The Wire
>Roseanne
>Whatever the Steptoe and Son remake was called
>South Park is kinda lowermiddle/upperworking

yeah roseanne. nice call. comfy show. lost it exponentially as the series went on though.

>>The Wire
I meant sitcom level tv.
>>Roseanne
I've heard of this but never watched it. Any use?
>>Whatever the Steptoe and Son remake was called
Well, yeah. A remake though, come on.
>>South Park is kinda lowermiddle/upperworking
Is it really? Sounds like your stretching it to me.

Was it dubbed?

WTF? I hate popular media now!

You been at those funny fags again, Rodney?

Good question.

Nope. Titled.
Wouldn't be the same if you translate in audio all those wisecracks like that.

I torrented all episodes (apart from the '96 Christmas trilogy, couldn't find it at the time) and have marathoned the whole thing over these past few weeks. Just got Miami Twice and the last couple to go. Haven't watched it since I was a kid. So many laffs. So many feels.

Dave?

>There are slavs out there who learned English from OFAH, and have perfect South London accents

>yfw you found out Rodney didn't sing the theme tune

This genuinely blew my mind. It was actually the writer, who composed both intro and ending themes too. Sounded exactly like Rodney.

The reason OFAH was insanely popular in SE Europe (still is), it's because the entire ex-YU is basically one big Peckham. The clear cut us vs. them theme is universal.

t. Herzeg-Bosnia

He's a tall guy.

Same here, senpai.

>watching Only Fools and Horses on a Sunday evening
Is there anything more comfy?

It wasn't meant to be this way

Malcom in the Middle portrayed them fairly consistently as being pretty poor.

There's something not quite right about people like Stewart lee sneering at things like Only fools and Horses. It was old school, but it was clean and wasn't bigoted

for Dave

Married with Children

>there are people on this board right now that don't think this is the GOAT sitcom episode

whoever thinks differently is a lunatic. I may make some webms if anyone has requests

youtube.com/watch?v=2AzEY6ZqkuE

I always liked To Hull and Back, I think it was one of the first episodes I ever saw when I was a kid.

It was great when it was changed so they were all feature length episodes. I love the early episodes with Grandad but the later ones had some all time classics

>liking a whining old git over a decorated war hero

What a plonker

>"Oi, oi, oi! Watch it! He's a war hero, he's got a right to speak!"
>"Yeah, I fought for free speech!"
>"Shut up!"

>when he asks for directions in the middle of the sea and gets them

Also when they get to Holland and Del waves at the Dutch people and just yells "Ajax!"