How do we feel about the Chinese Super League?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Chinese_Super_League#Foreign_players
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanghai_Sharks
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pretty good.

It weeds out the cunts without any ambition.

Embrace it, I won't mind if they buy our shitty players for 20m

Dumb American here.

So is China starting to really try to get their league to be relevant as of late? I see ESPN notifications come across my phone all the time making huge bids for huge players. I don't follow much football other than for betting purposes

It's become a playground for billionaire oligarchs sucking up to the government. Actual fans of these teams hate foreign players and don't want them coming to their teams. They prefer local players and local rivalries. The sport will never become big in China until there is a local Chinese superstar relevant on the world stage.

Better version of MLS.

Pretty much. They've been bringing B list players for ridiculous amounts of money for a few seasons, and not just in football, basketball is, I believe, the most popular sport there, and they are bringing shit tons of NBA rejects.

>So is China starting to really try to get their league to be relevant as of late?

They're trying, but the quality of the league is still unbelievably low, it makes MLS look high level. But pour enough money into it, reduce the restrictions on foreign players, and they could easily start to compete. If you're a talented young player from South America, you can be set for life if you take a short-term deal in China, while Europe is much less of a certainty. IIRC something similar has been happening in basketball, there have been a few American kids who have taken multimillion dollar deals with Chinese teams instead of playing college ball.

>and they are bringing shit tons of NBA rejects.

Yeah, the best player in their league is Jimmer Fredette lol. Now I know how Italians feel when they hear about Giovinco tearing up MLS.

>

Yeah, but they won't. If they start buying up actually decent players people actually want to see then maybe, but I can't see it. As a previous poster said, "it weeds out any cunts without ambition". Oscar, Ramirez being the best examples.

Best way to look at it is that whenever a big transfer happens it's always "Player moving to China", rarely ever which team they're going to. Why? Cos nobody gives a fuck about Chinese football.

It's a joke with too much money.

It's weird how Villa/Lampard/Gerrard all chose NYC/LA over China, surely they could be earning a lot more over there.

God knows what players like Tevez must think when they arrive and start training with them. Well apart from "It's £615k a week" anyway

Japan used to do the same in the 90's, 25 yrs later they tied RM in the CWC final.

Really makes u think.

Who the fuck wants to live in china, it's a polluted shithole and people are treated like subhumans

永远是最好的!

>get paid jillions to play Chinese football
>never have to play because smog rolls into city that shuts down every thing
I'm really jealous.

Actually it looks like foreign player restrictions are going to get tougher next season, Apparently their going from
4 +1 to 3 + 1

Gerrard & Lampard were closer to 40 when they signed for MLS, China wants players in their peak like Oscar & Graziano Pelle

30 game season, most foreign players brought over are attacking players, get to pad your stats against chink defenders, get to run the show at training, club gives you anything you want house, car, whores

most importantly 4x the $ you'd earn back home in Europe

people are subhumans though

Only for now, if they get all the super stars within a year or two then anyone who stays in europe is an unambitious moron.

Also they are buying euro clubs so legit could start refusing to pay players in Europe and force them to move to China

they will live in big cities, wich are ok, plus with that sick wage they will live like gods there

There's restrictions currently on the amount of foreigners they're allowed. The league will be shit as long as Chinese players are shit.

and government sent whores. A free 10/10 chinese hooker is going to make anywhere feel like home

Oh, so kinda like how anyone who couldn't make it in the NBA or even the D League goes to play in China/Europe?

Yep, even if they don't reduce it from 4 + 1 that still only means 64 players in the entire league will be non-Asian foreign

They have a clear goal of making soccer relevant in China and to win the world cup. I think with this amount of focus, the investment they are putting into getting good grassroots coaching etc they are going to start going places

Soccer is a sport for hardworking manlets, its literally made for Chinese they just didn't realise it until now.

>IIRC something similar has been happening in basketball, there have been a few American kids who have taken multimillion dollar deals with Chinese teams instead of playing college ball.

A lot of NBA rejects are doing that too. Stefon Marbury is a legend in China, he even has his own museum!

Yeah, but Chinese teams pay like twice as much. Surely Chinese cities aren't that much worse. LA is full of Chinese people and pollution too. If somebody is offering me $10 million to go to Shanghai and $6 million to go to LA, I'll take Shanghai.

Maybe. Not in a year or two though.

I think this is the Chinese strategy with Portugal. Chinese businessmen now literally own the league, so all those talented players who used to go to other European clubs could now start going to China.

True, guess they could be blowing their load on bringing players over a little early

I WAN RONARDO GE ME RONARDO HE PRAY IN PORUGA

t King of China

Very accurate.

I met a chinese guy once so I'm kind of an expert

Funny watching them completely destroy the MemeLS in one transfer window.

>Marbury is a legend in China

TOP WEW LA

I guess its like say the Canadian football league started offering ridiculous amounts of money for the likes of Lynch, Devin Hester and Revis. Not guys in their primes anymore, but still recognizable names. Its like a gimmick really.

Aren't you guys scared that the end of football as we know it in near? Beginning in 2030-2040 China will win every single world cup and best players in the world will be generic brainwashed chink #1, generic brainwashed chink #2, etc...No more colorful teams and characters

>mfw your grandson walks into your home wearing a Xing shirt
>mfw you try and tell him about Sanchez and he says he was shit and turns on the Evergreens game

>rating Xing
>not the true goat Wang

Srsly tho.. Zhang Linpeng is wasting his career in China, he'd be marketable as fuck in Europe

>tattoo
>ronaldo's old hair cut
>random gimmick on his wrist

yep looks like a classic footylad

They already reduced it to 3+1.

I swear I'm not making this up. There is literally a museum called "The House of Marbury" in Beijing.

>le footylad chink
How contrived. Sad.

Source? Wiki is still showing 4 + 1

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Chinese_Super_League#Foreign_players

LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI LI

it makes the lelpl even richer, so i really, really don't like it

>tfw not intelligent enough to understand what the big deal is with these transfers

Because it's still 4+1 until March when their new season starts.

>wasting your foreign player spots on Uzbeki's, Israelis and Aussies

kek

Imagine if Lebron goes there in like 5 years. He'll be a living god.

Some of these guys are players that relevant clubs were actually interested in. Like Liverpool bid 30 million for Teixeira, but some Chinese team bid 40 million and offered him a salary twice as high so off he went.

Nobody cares about players like Oscar, Ramires, or Pelle going, because they were shit anyway, it's talented players like Texeira and Martinez going to China that has people concerned.

Buncha really good players going to git paid in a obscure league?

Lay off the krokodil Ivan

They have one spot only for AFC member nations. Not sure why you'd want jews though.

So get Koreans and Japs surely?

No one had problems with players going to Russia to get paid ridiculous sums. Just save your money and buy some Rafael Bacteria De Santos Olivera for cheap instead.

Tevez went to China from Boca Juniors.

He now makes more than Ronaldo and Messi in a week

Japs and chinks hate each other.

Where is this league getting the money to pay top players like
>Tevaz and
>Oscar?

TV rights? Sponsorships?

Is it sustainable?

Rich owners. They do have a big tv deal too.

Think a lot of money is coming from the government, they want China to become a footy powerhouse so that China in general becomes more relevant to pop culture

Australia are the reigning champions of Asia.. must be doing something right

No Japs in CSL atm... #oldwounds #neverheal

Plenty of people bitched about Anzhi going HAM a few years ago & Witsel chasing the almighty dollar at Zenit

The Chinese government is officially supporting the league. So it works like this:

>Rich chinese businessman spends $50 million on one player
>Beijing is happy
>Businessman gets favorable treatment, which in a state capitalist system can be worth hundreds of millions or even billions

The government is basically indirectly subsidizing the league, and iirc there are a couple state-owned companies involved too so in some cases they're directly subsidizing it.

ok but will it be there in 10 years? Are these sustainable fees for new league? I'm thinking no.

>Witsel chasing the almighty dollar at Zenit

Ironically, he's in China now

Definitely. Say that soccer only ever stays as China's second most popular sport, comparable to how baseball is the second-most popular sport in the US. The big MLB teams are handing out contracts worth $300 million to individual players, if the Chinese league ever gets any serious support from the Chinese people it could easily afford to do the same while still making a profit.

No idea, I'm assuming they are planning on paying foreigners what they want and chinks slave wages for a few years at least

And so is Hulk & old mate Villas-Boas

Its another canadian money autist episode

Show me a graph you sad cunt

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanghai_Sharks
hmmm, I wonder if he makes good money there