OKNOTOK Waiting Leak Thread -- #DiscTwoHasBeenFoundinFLAC

A random user has posted a FLAC link of Disc II out of nowhere.

mega.nz/#!NToAEZyJ!8sR_YVa_Z1EOpyuIUkp4gkgfAh0Qdg8grU-CEQTqnTo

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!jYFFVJRQ!6doLvrykBv8WIwNLZVH1aOLUHT21q3ce097VF4fIij8
mega.nz/#!p7RwgQKD!-uy7-h0aLwZXIjYJd-yq2KS0ni5fO4l0GAKa9i0HBeo
greenplastic.com/2010/12/17/the-lost-radiohead-album/
mega.nz/#!NooX1LZQ!nyXdQgzcYk_wEOJS2dVTtgaQOhw86XF4Ubb-8BWswSk
mega.nz/#!4xo2FaRZ!AZ5nKvw6Ty3XZfOPWOsCjWCSNID7hfDs4xWaByoXQoQ
youtube.com/watch?v=z2hZ9CTLICs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

source:

Thank ArgentinaAnon

wtf I love argentina now, fuck australians.

thx argetanon

TE AMO ARGENTINA

So argentina bro, you gonna upload disc 1?

But I though Argentinians were terrible people????

THANKS ARGENTINA

friendship ended with Australia

now ARGENTINA is my best friend

>white people
>terrible people
Not at all!

Argentina better than:
Twitter
Reddit
Australians

I can't find disc 1 on the previous thread, could someone please hook me up?

So is this the completed Man O War from the Meeting People is Easy doc, or a completely different version?

It's not uploaded anywhere yet.
*cough cough Argentina*

not leaked yet

Guys (J user) I checked the files and they definitely went back and used the analog tapes (speed is slightly different) but yeah it's far more compressed than before. Hopefully the actual album is fine.

Apparently is a version recorded in 2015 for the Bond movie but it was rejected so they made Spectre.

wtf I hate argentina now

it's different. the strings, at least, were recorded around 2015/16 probably.

it has AMSP-ish vocals so it could be the rumored version they recorded for Spectre.

this but unironically

We have that cool fanmix that user posted in the previous thread in case it isn't.

OP here:

As of yet, Disc I hasn't been posted yet.

Yeah that was me lol. I was just fixing Climbing Up the Walls but I'm gonna check the new disc first and give people an update on the differences.

And the one he posted isn't even the final version, even if they did a hack job on the digital version of OKnotOK he will post that eventually. What a time to be alive.

thanks J-user
we should call you Juanon or something

Radiohead - Hail to the Thief (Unmastered)
>it's slightly different, myxo and gloaming are better
mega.nz/#!jYFFVJRQ!6doLvrykBv8WIwNLZVH1aOLUHT21q3ce097VF4fIij8

Is this in flac or mp3?

Radiohead - OK Computer (2017 Fanmix)
>user in previous OKNOTGO thread posted his own mix of OKC, p much loved by most now
mega.nz/#!p7RwgQKD!-uy7-h0aLwZXIjYJd-yq2KS0ni5fO4l0GAKa9i0HBeo

Nice.

Also nice.

Really doesn't make sense that a 2015 recording would be on this 1997 box. Maybe it's old, and they recorded strings at the same time as Climbing Up the Walls?

The unmastered HTTT was only ever released in 320k.

It's not even the final version and I love it. No way Disc 1 isn't going to be compressed. All I gotta hope is that the new Beach Boys set doesn't suffer the same fate.

>still no disc 1
What the fuck Argentinanon

The credits on the CD case confirm it was done by the same orchestra that did the strings for Spectre

I wasn't really following the last thread, what's different about it?

I agree that it's weird, but the composer credited for engineering the strings on Man of War was a kid in 1997

Well I Promise is new too.

No that's definitely taken straight from archive tapes

this is 192 kbps

Radiohead - 0110 (J-Mix)
>"Ten days after our original article, we have come to believe that OK Computer and In Rainbowswere meant to complement each other. During the writing and recording process of OK Computer, Radiohead used the working title of Zeros and Ones. If OK Computer is represented by 01, and In Rainbows is represented by 10, then we have 01 and 10. In binary code 01 and 10 complement each other."
greenplastic.com/2010/12/17/the-lost-radiohead-album/

mega.nz/#!NooX1LZQ!nyXdQgzcYk_wEOJS2dVTtgaQOhw86XF4Ubb-8BWswSk

Why would that guy upload disc 2 and not disc 1? Wtf

Radiohead - Hail to the Thief (J-Mix)
>a gapless fan-mixed take on HTTT, same dude who did the OKC 2017 fanmix, also recieved really good reception
mega.nz/#!4xo2FaRZ!AZ5nKvw6Ty3XZfOPWOsCjWCSNID7hfDs4xWaByoXQoQ

i wanted to get the new songs in flac first.

getting disc 1 right now EAC is a slow bitch.

Thanks for the good stuff J user

I was the guy that sent you the loudness war link about the torrented ok computer mix in the last leak thread. It's good to see you still around. Your OKC sounds amazing

user is talking about this btw. It says:
>man of war strings played by the royal philharmonic orchestra

could have been recorded on the pic related sessions

Pls no

Ok. Went through the disc and compared it to the 2009 Collector's Edition. All of them are 44khz, much more compressed, and were definitely touched from the original tapes (speed difference) but here's what's up.

3 New Tracks:
>I Promise
Same quality as the music video.
>Man of War
Same as the earlier leak. This was more than likely the rerecording from 2015 for Spectre that was scrapped.
>Lift
Again, same as the earlier leak.

Old tracks:
>Lull, Meeting in the Aisle
Slightly stronger bass
>Melatonin, A Reminder
More mono (maybe less treble)
>Polyethylene (Parts 1 & 2)
Wider or more trebly, not much of a compression difference
>Pearly
Intro starts later with reverb. Inverted wave.
Maraca thing is quieter. Wider. Lasts longer without the fade.
>Palo Alto
Longer intro. Not much compression difference. Stronger bass. Extra noise at the end.
>How I Made My Millions
Starts later. Inverted wave. More center. No added reverb. More noise. Slightly longer.

That's about it unless I missed anything.

!!!

Remastered Palo (top) vs Original Palo

GO GO GO
THANKS

Will Disc 1 be uploaded anytime soon or?

>Remaster

More like "erase the dynamics and make it look like a nice chocolate bar"

based user is based

see Hope you like the next version. Not thaat different but sounds better to my headphones at least.

Godspeed user.

Thanks for posting this, I'm more optimistic about the disc 1 now.

>Longer intro.
ugh yes please
I just unzipped it and just started listening to it
my body is ready

Oh crap I though bottom was the remaster, fuck me.

Aw shit, I just realized the pic from the thread is my screen capture from the previous post.

yeah this shit is loudness war'd to fuck

It'll be different but I think it's still gonna be compressed. Worth it to hear an added effect or something.
Not that much longer, it's like a few seconds difference.

listening to og release and mixing right now, hoping to hear something good from disc 1

well, Spectre in the special edition of AMSP has like 3 extra seconds and I like it more than the one they put on Soundcloud because of that

>increase the whole album by a few dBs
>"remastered"
why is this okay?

$

desu we should have a /rhg/ - Radiohead General so that J-user's links are kept around in the OP for future posters to find

To sell you the vinyl version that actually sounds good.

I though The Beatles 2009 reissue ended that but apparently I was wrong.

OKC is already loud as fuck anyway. Why would I download something expressly to blow out my headphones

No he should just create a thread and post it in the share thread.

will the vinyl be ok?
just wondering considering this is the first remaster I've bought into, and it doesn't seem to be going well

I don't think that's how true remasters work lol

the 2017 Sgt Pepper's remix may have slightly less dynamic range than the original versions (mono & stereo) but I've been loving it so much that going back to the original is hard now except for certain songs (I'm really disappointed with the new A Day In The Life considering it's widely considered to be not only the album's masterpiece but The Beatles' best song period)

I'm really happy to finally have She's Leaving Home in stereo at the proper pitch. Dunno why there was even a difference between the stereo and mono versions of that song to begin with

What's wrong with the new A Day In The Life?

Could you post your version of IR?

Where is Disc 1??

^^

it's not bad necessarily but it's not an improvement that blows you away like She's Leaving Home/Getting Better or even Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds. Those were the songs that made me think "oh wow okay this remix was definitely worth it"

but then you get to A Day In The Life and the piano is quieter for no reason and Ringo's drums coming in doesn't have as much oomph to them as they did, and the climax to the song is something you'd expect to be a "holy shit" moment with the remix but it's the same as before.

Now don't get me wrong, the song doesn't need to be changed at all. But if they were remixing it, I'd expect to hear something that makes my pupils dilate because it sounds so good.

As a whole I'd love a remix for their other albums if they were as good as the Sgt Pepper's one. Maybe not so much Abbey Road since it was perfectly mixed, but definitely the earlier albums that were hard-panned in stereo, or at least Past Masters since they already did half of the songs in the 1+ remix back in 2015.

I'd be surprised if they didn't do Rubber Soul, Revolver, Magical Mystery Tour + the Yellow Submarine songs, and the White Album though. They got to number 1 with an album 50 years after it was released, and that box set was like $130 at least. They'd be idiots not to do the rest, especially since it got rave reviews.

I will after I fix OKC. Needs some brushing up.

It's odd because I personally loved what they did with the drums in the other tracks (Penny Lane was really well made) The new Good Morning was a stand out for me too, but yeah A Day In The Life in mono is still much better, the first time I heard it a year ago I couldn't listen to any other mix, no stereo version has managed to replicate its impact. It's sad that apparently the extra effects of Lucy In The Sky vocals will remain exclusive to the mono version forever though.

>2020
>Kid A/NO LOGO box set announced

what unreleased songs would you want on it? are there even any notable unreleased songs left? I can only think of Cut A Hole off the top of my head but I don't think that's from the Kid A period, it feels more recent.

>tfw we will never get a studio version of True Love Waits that sounds like the original acoustic version

I guess there's always this:
youtube.com/watch?v=z2hZ9CTLICs

the start sounds like a cover lol
that performance is in "I Might Be Wrong: Live Recordings" and also on EMI's Collector's Edition of Kid A as "True Love Waits (Live in Oslo)".

Follow me around
I froze Up

I honestly had an existential crisis the other day when I realized how young the four of them were, as well as how much they accomplished in such a short amount of time.

In 7 fucking years they went from Please Please Me to the band breaking up. Everything they ever did was done in that time. So if they released their debut album in 2010, they'd have broken up by now. And they were all in their 20s the entire time (I think John was the oldest and turned 30 after they broke up)

George Harrison was 27 when All Things Must Pass was released. That blows my mind every time I think about it.

It's also kind of inspiring in a way, to know that it's possible to accomplish that much. They definitely burned themselves out by 1973 though because after Band on the Run came out I wouldn't say any of them made a solo album that was as good as their Beatles stuff.

>George Harrison was 27 when All Things Must Pass was released.

ok that's just not fair

They're already working on a new stereo mix of The White Album.

Well, looks like disc 1 isn't coming soon, so I'm going to sleep. Goodnight Sup Forums, thanks for the new mixes of these albums.

seriously what are the odds of four of the most talented musicians in modern history happening to live in the same area, be the same age, and agreeing to join a band together

any song of theirs would have turned another band into a one-hit wonder, but to them it was just another song.

This is one of the best descriptions I've ever seen

Thanks for basically defining why The Beatles are so great

Beatles are overrated except

Yeah part of the legacy of The Beatles has to do with the fact that despite lasting just a few years compared to many of their contemporaries, Magical Mystery Tour isn't even a "real" album yet the tracks are so good it's my favorite. It also blows my mind how well Abbey Road turned out considering how it was made. I don't think we will ever see such an amazing combo of a god tier producer + really talented band releasing so much good material in so little time in pop music.

I think the closest comparison could be Spielberg/Lucas from 1977 to 1981, when in '77 both of them thought the other made the film that would be better received and make a ton of money while their film would be a failure (so much so that they traded 2% profit on those films with each other and Spielberg has made most of his money from Star Wars because of that) and so the two of them went to Hawaii the weekend Star Wars was coming out to avoid the reception, and on the beach in Hawaii they came up with Indiana Jones.

>Close Encounters of the Third Kind (1977)
>Star Wars (1977)
>Empire Strikes Back (1980)
>Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)

But again this is a stretch since Spielberg wasn't really in a partnership with Lucas for Star Wars like he was for Raiders, and those were 4 movies in 4 years, but it's genuinely the closest comparison I can make.

Although I found out the other day that Keira Knightley was 17 when they filmed the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie, and that blows my mind considering how mature she seems in the film as well as how much of a career she's had since then. She's still younger than Felicity Jones by a year, too.

jesus

Disc 1 when?

Can we talk about how good it is?
OKNOTOK is gonna be AOTY

in 1997 sure

This version of lift is INCREDIBLE it's just a super clean studio pinkpop

mp3?

Literally just convert it with foobar

if Radiohead released OK Computer with the tracklist:
>Side 1
1. Airbag
2. Paranoid Android
3. Subterranean Homesick Alien
4. Exit Music
5. Let Down
6. Karma Police

>Side 2
7. Big Boots
8. Climbing Up The Walls
9. No Surprises
10. Lucky
11. The Tourist
12. Lift

I think if the new songs were released as singles before the the album was released it'd knock them into the mainstream (like where even your parents would have heard of them) then the album would be one of those albums like Sgt Pepper's/Pet Sounds/Dark Side of the Moon that's widely considered to be one of the top 5 albums of all time and would have made a resurgence in rock's popularity to the point where we wouldn't hear "rock is dead" non-stop anymore