What's worse?

Dubstep or Vaporwave?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YsQQKCmyNbU
youtube.com/watch?v=9Wf5e4kes0w&feature=youtu.be
soundcloud.com/dicksoak/i-dont-have-a-title-for-this-one-but-know-that-i-hate-me-more-than-you-ever-will-be-able-to
youtube.com/watch?v=lLjjg8D07Uo
youtube.com/watch?v=H7gpqk0bz9U
youtube.com/watch?v=I3RdMWJgczY
youtube.com/watch?v=U4uF2TFwtgI
youtube.com/watch?v=NK8jI33MJUA
midwestcollective.bandcamp.com/album/odyssey
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dubstep

I've heard some truly amazing stuff from vaporwave, even if it is 90% schlock. Cinema might be the only dubstep song that still holds up a mere five years after the genre peaked.

What are your favorite vaporwave albums?

not him but these 6 are probably my most replayed

Hit Vibes- Saint Pepsi
Blank Banshee 0- Blank Banshee
1969(*) Excerpts From Lala Land
Deep Fantasy- S U R F I N G
新しい日の誕生/Birth of a New Day- 2 8 1 4

those are a sample, at least the ones i'd introduce to people wondering what it is. I feel like quite a few people know what Floral Shoppe is already.

Oh crap! I forgot about Yes! We're Open. Definately

Vapor wave 100% trash. Dubstep has classics from DMZ, Skream and Pinch. No one listens to vapor wave except on this Hungarian cartoon forum

you need to listen to more vaporwave then

>Hit Vibes- Saint Pepsi

Future Funk

>Blank Banshee 0- Blank Banshee

Trap

>1969(*) Excerpts From Lala Land

Plunderphonics

>Deep Fantasy- S U R F I N G

Chillwave

>新しい日の誕生/Birth of a New Day- 2 8 1 4

Ambient

You don't listen to vaporwave. You listen to normie stuff that has been labeled as vaporwave to get more attention.

>DMZ, Skream and Pinch

kek even the names are fucking cringy

Dubstep is infinitely better than pretty much all vaporwave and the fact that some people actually believe otherwise is fucking laughable and definitive proof that Sup Forums doesn't know shit

someone please tell me good vaporwave on spotify

Dubstep is just disposable EDM garbage, if were talking about the Brostep variety.

Why would anyone do that? That's like saying you've need to shovel more shit in your mouth til you get used to the taste

then what do you see as "true" vaporwave?

>labeled as vaporwave

Ok, doesn't that also make them Vaporwave as well? Albums can have multiple styles

>if were talking about the Brostep variety
we aren't, you inbred.

>spotify

dropped

Most of the albums you've listed are barely vaporwave. The most vaporwave thing about them is their album art.

I'm not going to fill my phones storage with music so I can impress anonymous people on the internet

well it sounds good to me so it doesn't really matter tbqh

I agree with the first two, but the rest are vaporwave

Basically the original anonymous wave of 2010-2012. Everything past that has been infected by meme garbage hype beasts. The decline began as soon as Blank Banshee 0 was released.

no they aren't

Then you're missing out on some great albums that are not on spotify..

i know cunt. spotify is just a preferable option for the phone.

Only 2 of those albums are good and you know which ones they are

You're statements are wrong on a few levels:
1. Vaporwave is not only a style of music, but an all-encompassing aesthetic that applies to the visual design of the album, making the art an incredibly important part to the overall piece.

2. the music is vaporwave ALONG with other influences, rather than predominantly one or the other.

3. I couldn't think of a third reason, some I'm going to just call you a fag. Fag.

I need more Eccojams-like vaporwave like this:

youtu.be/YsQQKCmyNbU

Anyone got any ideas?

Please stop talking about things you have absolutely no idea about.

Death Grips mashups

youtube.com/watch?v=9Wf5e4kes0w&feature=youtu.be

uhhhh i like how the others sound too sooooo....

>Bitches about what vaporwave is
>Has yet to actually post an example of what "it" is

yeah ok m8

Vaporwave has some good stuff, never heard anythung good from dubstep except maybe skream

>implying
soundcloud.com/dicksoak/i-dont-have-a-title-for-this-one-but-know-that-i-hate-me-more-than-you-ever-will-be-able-to

>"plunderphonics"
>normie shit

pretty much agree with the chart - sonically, these albums and ones that sound similar can best be described as vaporwave: sampled (slowed/reverb), chopped and screwed, specific mood, etc.
however, while the other albums mentioned do fit more neatly into other genre categories, theyre still undeniably influenced by vaporwave

WUB WUBW UB UB

spoken like someone who truly knows nothing about dubstep

I watched FrankJavCee's video on vapourwave and I noticed straight away that he got it wrong by including 'non-sampled' vocals. I wanted to post a comment complaining about it, but I don't have a word for 'non-sampled'. Is there one?

>vapoUrwave
>frankjavcee

kys

Vapordubwavestep

okay then, MILLENNIAL DREAM ENTERPRISE NO PICO

Ironic, I just discovered a vaporwave song that sampled bangarang

kill yourself pseud

>vaporwave is better because dubstep is just skrilled and EDM crap lol
>who cares that vaporwave is just slowed-down 80s pop songs IT SOUNDS GOOD MOM
Sup Forums is officially below reddit.

skrillex is not dubstep you idiot, that shit is called brostep.

i'm sorry to ruin your illusions but hit vibes is future funk aka french house revival, nothing to do with the original meaning and mission of vaporwave, blank banshee is trap with no vapor influences at all, SURFING is a pop album more akin to chillwave or even hypnagogic pop than vaporwave.
2 8 1 4 is standard ambient.

and that's a subgenre of dubstep, learn to live with it m8 it's been what 7 years

>Vaporwave is not only a style of music, but an all-encompassing aesthetic that applies to the visual design of the album
The aesthetic is called post-internet, and has existed way before vaporwave with artists like James Ferraro and movements like seapunk utilizing it profusely.

lol brostep is dubstep exactly how evanescence are death metal.

The funnest thing is when people label straight 4x4 fidget house as dubstep when it's neither that nor even brostep.

spoken like someone who's only ever listened to floral shoppe

Spoken like someone who thinks that slowed-down muzak with phaser effects is somehow automatically better than slowed-down muzak without any filters or effects.

more like how soilwork and stuff is death metal, but it's death metal all the same

>Deep Fantasy- S U R F I N G
>vaporwave
TRIGGERED

I don't get why this meme won't die, or how it started. Surfing is a fucking BAND with actual people playing instruments, composing melodies and singing lyrics. Sure they looped some pop songs and drench everything in reverb but that doesn't make it fucking vaporwave. Also their "aestethic" or whatever has absolutely nothing remotely to do with that typical of vaporwave.
Pic related, it's the chillwave/hypnagogic pop whatever band/group/trio called S U R F I N G

tell me pls

>not having a walkman

>MP: Do you feel like you’re a part of the Vaporwave genre? How would you describe your music?

>L: Not really, we've got a lot of live elements which aren't generally associated with vaporwave so I'd probably just call it electronic or something.

>P: Nah we dont feel like we make vaporwave, it was just the timing that the album came out , you can make like 10 vaporwave albums a day if you wanted to, we would prefer to take our time and add original music and original ideas. There are elements of R&B, House and Funk that we're always blending in. I think the main misconception is that the whole thing is samples, even my vocals, which is the funniest part.

vaporwave, easily. both are basically jokes at this point but i'd much rather macintosh plus over skrillex any day.

Do you mean dubstep or brostep?

Because true dubstep (like shackleton) is muh better han the majority of vaporwave, but the majority of "praised" vaporwave albums are muh better than any brostep albums.

vaporwave doesn't have to exclusively sample based. if Jerry Paper and Far Side Virtual can be vaporwave, so can those dudes

>true dubstep
stop being a faggot it's all dubstep

> muh edgy Hot Topic-tier schlock
> muh wub wub wub

What's there to know?

brehs...
trying to find a HQ (doesn't need to be flac) dl for
Netsky & Murdock - Shut Mouth
It's from the Murdock album Jungle fever vol. 1
Sup Forums archvie search is down
now active torrent for the song or torrent
please help

"true" dubstep isn't better c'mon m8, just maybe more subtle at best

>dubstep
>subtle

Whom are you quoting?

well yeah it's still just dance music i'm talking relatively. britbongs trying to act elitist about their boring-ass "tainted" genre are a serious cancer on this board

ikr

how dare people act grumpy when people think their music is ultra fest-tier commercial crap when the scene is as far removed from that shit as it can get

obviously, how is WUB WUB WUB WUB SCREECH DROP THE BASS subtle?

You realize UK dubstep in the 00s was vastly different from Americanized "bro" dubstep with Skrillex and co. in the 10s right?

Just like proper chicago house music is nothing like Swedish House Mafia

post your recs por favor

different locations and culture, but is one really better than the other? nah that's just your normiephobia

>normiephobia
spoken like a true poptimist nu-male shit

>Jerry Paper
>vaporwave
But it's not. At all. In any way. Who the hell says these kinds of things?
Also FSV is a concept album which more or less defined the vaporwave aesthetic and it's chock full of samples (although not chopped and screwed if that's what you're getting at)

OK

so it has become clear to me that we need to figure out a basic definition for Vaporwave. Post ideas.

>different locations and culture, but is one really better than the other? nah that's just your normiephobia
Yes. One was birthed out of underground culture, the other a co-opted far-removed sound affixed with the moniker "dubstep" to sell festival tickets to chads

some serious poe's law going on in this thread

youtube.com/watch?v=lLjjg8D07Uo
youtube.com/watch?v=H7gpqk0bz9U
youtube.com/watch?v=I3RdMWJgczY
youtube.com/watch?v=U4uF2TFwtgI

youtube.com/watch?v=NK8jI33MJUA

It's soundsystem + spliff music

if we look at it from a different perspective, we can divide these 2 into 3 really
>Dubstep
>Brostep
>Vaporwave
out of these 3, the one that is more consistently good is Dubstep because of the seriousness the genre had and the fact that it wasn't filled woth 13 years olds with soundclouds, but rather it was formed by an actual scene. However, brostep has IMHO the best all around releases, and Skrillex is just that good of an artist. Vaporwave only had like 3 overall good songs and everything from vaporwave to vaportrap to future funk is worthleds 98% of the time
TL;DR Brostep >= Dubstep >>>> Vaporwave

Vaporwave because it sounds better in my opinion plus the culture too.

Isn't FSV mostly midi instruments with intentionally anachronistic synth tones. rather than samples I admit to not knowing much about its production. also, pic related

get the fuck out of Sup Forums right now you helot plebeian

please stop posting

every time someone talks about "muh true dubstep" it makes me sick to my stomach

we had a thread about this the other day about how cancerous you people are

also why does every dubstep separatist listen to shackleton and have to bring up shackleton like he's some sacred cow, he's not that fucking great

just stop

Future Funk is the only good edm genre

both

Dubstep makes me cringe more.

FSV is actually almost all original instrumentation, produced in garageband

There's never been good dubstep

Yeah it is, it still has a lot of samples in it although that's not what defines it as vaporwave. Atmosphere/aesthetics/concept or whatever you want to call it is.

The nincompoops on last.fm who call Jerry Paper vaporwave are probably the same ones that think Home is vaporwave: midwestcollective.bandcamp.com/album/odyssey

judging by the tags, Home seems to think Home is vaporwave too

You know damn well that what someone puts in the bandcamp tags is irrelevant to this discussion

so neither the audience nor the artist gets to decide the genre? Just you

dubstep because it's not a mere meme

fuck didn't see the op subject

anyway yeah fuck vapotwave

No friend
Just trying to make the point that if I record some Miles Davis tunes with my trumpet, upload it to bandcamp and tag it as deep house, it's still jazz

Great arguments buddy.

dont the artists themselves decide the tags?

is skrillex dubstep or brostep and what is brostep