While many dedicated comic book fans get upset when their childhood hero is portrayed differently onscreen...

>While many dedicated comic book fans get upset when their childhood hero is portrayed differently onscreen, the changing of the role opens up opportunities to many other diverse actors.

>“For me, if a character’s primary attribute – the thing that makes them iconic – is the color of their skin, or their hair color, frankly, that character is shallow and sucks,” he continued. “For me, what makes MJ MJ is her alpha female playfulness, and if the actress captures that, then she’ll work. And, for the record, I think Zendaya even matches what I think of as MJ’s primary physical characteristics – she’s a tall, thin model – much more so than actresses have in the past.”

OK, Sup Forums?

Deal with it.

It's gonna bomb. Even reddit is pissed off about the casting change and recognize it as race baiting. Same thing that happened to ghostbusters will happen here.

Man, who cares? You dweebs are as bad as SJWs

>"her characteristics don't matter"
>"her being black doesn't matter"
>"She has to be thin and tall"

>Cast non-Whites as White characters
>Colorblind casting

>Cast White people as non-White characters
>Racist white-washing

>colorblind casting
but she was cast literally because she was black. for better or for worse, this shit always gets people talking about the film like we're doing right now.

that one faggot said it best

movies that want to cater to a horridly loud minority from tumblr and twitter just for political correctness will fail. just look at GB.

>reboot franchise for third time
>blame racism when it flops

"did not confirm the casting"

oh shit. since he didn't confirm, that confirms MJ is not that halfy bitch.

I just read that exact article, here is my favorite comment:

>While the casting of Zendaya doesn’t bother me, looking at other casting choices for Spider-man:Homecoming is a little suspect. Tony Revolori as Flash Thompson, Bokeem Woodbine as Herman Schultz / Shocker, Jacob Batalon as Ned Leeds and Laura Harrier as Liz Allan are other incidents where white characters have been changed to other races. Tony Revolori, best known for playing Zero in Grand Budapest Hotel is by far the strangest one since Flash Thompson has always been the prototypical jock bully. The casting of five major and minor characters to people of different ethnicity strikes as purposeful rather than just casting the best actor for the parts.

He's right, it does seem purposeful. It fucking reeks of Amy Pascals meddling, just like Ghostbusters.

i'm just surprised they made the bully be a minority as well, surprised it wasn't just a big white dude.
unless they skip out on bullying all together and they make him a snobby academic rival

How does Sony manage to fuck everything up? Disney handed them success on a golden platter with their own piece of the MCU and even a cameo from Iron man, they shouldn't have been able to do this.

In the near future, everyone even liberals themselves will come to understand that Hollywood is making now primarily making movies with the intent of changing the way the populace thinks and not with making money. The CIA has long been in bed with hollywood and nothing has really changed. Money is an illusion at this point. Its not even fiat currency it is the debt of fiat currency. If banks can be bailed out don't be surprised if studios can too (and already are) due to hollywood accounting the public has no idea how much money is trading hands.

>And, for the record, I think Zendaya even matches what I think of as MJ’s primary physical characteristics – she’s a tall, thin model – much more so than actresses have in the past

Be colorblind if you want, but don't pretend that you're being faithful to the original character's appearance. She was a white redhead, you cast a black girl. Either own it or just cast a redhead.

I'm more pissed that they cast a horrible, literal Disney channel tier actress that has been horrible in everything she's ever done. She doesn't seem like MJ at all. I couldn't care less about the color of her skin but at least get a fucking actress that fits the part.
>she's thin and tall and that matches MJ
U fucking WOT

>literally more minorities get picked than whites (Mulatto Mary Jane, Vietnamise Best Friend, Paki Flash Thompson)

It's statistically impossible for it to have been a "blind casting".

>Tony Revolori is going to play a jock bully

Lol, he's like 5'5" and plays stereotypical "nerd" roles. Why not cast Michael Cera as the Green Goblin while you're at it?

>colorblind casting
What a fucking joke.
This was a decision made in a boardroom of millionaires looking to stir some shit and make some articles

"Race doesn't matter except when we say it matters." I despise that double standard that people use as a defense to obvious diversity pandering.

People would throw an absolute bitch fit if you did the reverse and made a black character white or a female character male.

It can't be uplifting and empowering if it's not truly colorblind casting.

money is a tool to control the idiotic masses

I actually like Tony Ravioli as an actor but i'm sure even he would agree that he was miscast in this.

It's the same people who complain when the cast of an Egyptian movie isn't black (which is historically inaccurate anyway). Personally, I don't give a fuck either way, but if you're going to go out of your way to make white characters black, you better keep your fucking mouth shut when someone wants to make a white Blade or something like that.

Shhhh.... you're gonna get killed with a star of David ninja star if you don't watch your mouth.

I would have been perfectly fine if they cast this girl instead because she at least fits the character and can pull off MJ's main physical attribute (red hair) and they still could have had their "minority" cast

Yeah, I've got no beef with the guy as an actor, but this makes Jessie Eisenberg as Lex Luthor look like a great choice by comparison. Luckily, Flash is an incredibly minor character who exists solely to get his ass kicked by Peter in the Origin Story that we've seen played out in like 3 different movies now.

Ancient Egyptians were black.

That wouldn't work. Your picture is from about 6 years ago, this is what she looks like now:

>if a character’s primary attribute – the thing that makes them iconic – is the color of their skin, or their hair color, frankly, that character is shallow and sucks

I wonder if this mongoloid realized afterward that this also fucking applies to Black characters in the era of slavery, or to say Arabs in a modern look on the war in the Middle East.

You want to know what ancient Egyptians looked like? Go to fucking Egypt and look at the people there today, ya fucking tard.

They weren't. The Nubians, who conquered Egypt and ruled it for about a century, were black, but they were no more "Egyptian" than the Greeks, Romans, Ottomans, French, British, and all the other foreign invaders who have ruled Egypt at different points in time.

>Ghostbusters
>failure

it made a 56 million profit and is still going.

Are they making Spider Man or MJ black?

Tony Revolori strikes me as someone that could have been my friend in school or college. He just has this lovable looser look and seems totally harmless.

But him as Flash Thompson??? Fuck, even as the rich Harry Osborn could have work.
Whats next? Casting a skinny dude as Eddie Brook?

>blacks can only get roles if they steal them

nope.

Unless he turns into Agent Venom like he does in the comics now... He becomes part of the GotG

Race baiting is my favourite buzzword of 2016

James Gunn talks a lot of shit, to be honest. It's like the man likes to spit out his opinions on controversies, but no one care.

You had me up until "CIA". Get off my side conspirinigger.

Nickelodeon Ariana Grande would have been perfect, but the music industry turned her into Skinny Minaj

Parker is the only white character besides his aunt. Harry is a fat asian and MJ is a half black smug faced Disney star

lol at the idiots who respond seriously to this post

It didn't even break even. It's a flop get the fuck over it hahahaha

>The CIA has long been in bed with hollywood

The CIA and FBI have always hated Hollywood because of all the commies involved in the industry.

Fuck, I would actually love this casting.

You cant walk 5 min in south america without finding women ten times better than this.

It's not remotely controversial that GB was a financial failure. The studios have not and will not make a $56 million profit. No one believes this--not Forbes, not the film's director, and not the studio that made it, so you should drop it.

This is kind of depressing

>implying that wasn't an excuse to get them more control over Hollywood

Yeah, he made a well received capeshit movie, so he thinks he's an authority on all things film.

Don't even need to go to South America, spend 5 minutes walking around Miami and you'll find at least 10 girls hotter than her.

>implying that a large number of Hollywood writers weren't openly communists

Even Feig himself said it needed to make 500mil to be considered a success . Give it up fatty.

I would not even be suprised if it turns out she was their original casting choice but since she's been blacklisted for talking shit about America and being so delinquent she was barred from the White House. They probably went "well whos the next most popular non-white Disney or Nickelodeon actress..."

retard

Reddit is just Sup Forums'with usernames tho, that doesn't mean shit

>I would not even be suprised if it turns out she was their original casting choice but since she's been blacklisted for talking shit about America and being so delinquent she was barred from the White House.

It also might have something to do with the fact that she looks nothing like that anymore, or that she's a singer now. Her hair isn't even red.

>For me, if a character’s primary attribute – the thing that makes them iconic – is the color of their skin, or their hair color, frankly, that character is shallow and sucks
His own Marvel movie had a character whose only memorable attribute was her skin color. I've seen that movie 6 times and I can't even remember her name, but I remember the bitch is green.

I can hand a resting bitch face black girl as MJ. I can somewhat handle a beta Indian being a typcial high school Jock. I can't handle Harry Osborne as a fat asian. Its ridiculous. So NORMAN Osborne is gonna be a rich asian businessman stereotype? Is he going to become the Gleen Gobrin? How would fat Harry balance on a glider? Jesus christ. They should at least switch the actor's playing Flash and Harry.

>mary jane is always portrayed as the super sexy girl with long redheaded hair
>shes a strong woman

also the bully is shorter than peter parker, this casting is terrible

Yeah, you are super behind the times. Why aren't you in Sup Forums waifu threads staying current on the newest waifu developments?

pathetic display. next time you might want to look at the facts. here it shows that it clearly made its budget back and THEN some.

it's kinda pathetic how you kids refuse to understand. sit down.

You know where this whole movie needs to go?

This is the standard of bait we have fallen to?

It's true though. Even in the comics Mary Jane was an annoying cunt 90% of the time, all she did was bitch about her modeling, bitch about Peter not being around enough and then bitch about Peter being Spiderman (when she found out) and getting captured by villains. Yeah she was drawn as a hot red head model but she was a cunt.

Gwen Stacey best girl.

So basically if you want to be racist and hate a character at the same time, this is perfect casting.

FINISH IT!!!

>giving a shit about capeshit
>2016

>bait

this is all losers can say when they lose an argument.

BACK TO FORMULA?!?!

>ignoring the biggest movie releases of capeshit
>2016

This, exactly.

>when white characters get played by non-whites it's called colorblind casting
>when non-white characters get played by whites it's called whitewashing
Capeshit needs to die along with this PC culture

Why not come up with new and original characters if you feel like they need more representation?
or
Why not use one of the many pre-existing characters of color from the source material (Gloria Grant, Michelle Gonzalez, Chad, Randalph Robertson, Ganke, etc) if you feel like they need more representation?

>This role belonged to a white person

please

At this point i'm convinced white Peter Parker will get killed off and Glover as Miles Morales will take over as Spider-Man.

>For me, if a character’s primary attribute – the thing that makes them iconic – is the color of their skin, or their hair color, frankly, that character sucks.

Oh cool, so Luke Cage and Black Panther suck right, James?

1/10 fuck off.

it bomb because people are tired of comic book movies and fucking spiderman.

Either Glover you could be talking about is way too old.

Zendaya is hot.

These aren't 40+ year old fat women they casted.

why didnt they just get miles morales if they wanted diversity so much?

It did. It's an indisputable fact.

>Don't have the balls to make the main character black
>oh we'll give all the unimportant side characters and love interests to minority roles to appease them
This is insulting to white and non-whites and is cowardly and absolutely shameless.

No she's not. She looks like a baboon/ostrich hybrid.

Do you think you'll ever accept that the whole world isn't as obsessed with skin color as you are?

Why, James Gunn, why? I miss your anti-pc crap like Beezel or Humanziee or Toy Collector.

I think it's more like these characters have been created already and we know what they look like and you are fucking changing them for diversity points. Your reasoning is as shallow as the opposing argument you've created to fight against. Not surprising I guess.

I could see it bombing because aren't people tired of spiderman movies in general? Calling your movie homecoming and doing a soft reboot isn't appealing.

In like 2 or 3 years that black kid from Stranger Things would make a solid Spiderman. He did a really good job in that role.

she has no tits or ass or hips for that matter. MJ is suppose to have all 3.

This one casting really pisses me off because I have a huge ginger fetish and comic book Mary Jane is directly responsible for it. So I don't give a crap about any of the sjw vs trumpfag bullshit, I just want a redhead as MJ I can fap to and fuck everybody with a rake who's keeping me from doing it.

I'm obsessed with the fact that blacks offer nothing to society. They are bottom of the barrel trash who do nothing for civilization. The fact that the continue to steal roles like they steal bikes proves this definitively.

I for one cant wait to see Zendaya get CRACKERD by Spidey

Wait, is everyone here planning to watch the film, or at least planned to watch the film before casting desicions were made public? I can't believe 45 people are complaining about a product they're not even going to consume.

She looks hot. Deal with it, you're just being racist.

On a side note, the parrallels people are drawing with making historical persons white like Malcolm X is literally grasping at straws. Malcolm X was a real person, not a fictional made up character that writers can change in any new iteraction.

Infact many comic books have several iterations with no single one being the absolute canon.

Why would they when they can just use Peter Parker and then making everyone else "diverse". This way they sell movie tickets to the people that actually care about the franchise, gain an internet following with SJWs, PC brigade and minorities (just like Ghostbusters did) and then ultimately release a very safe and average movie. If they actually cared about they're claiming they would have made it Miles Morales but they don't. It's just an act to work people up and sell movie tickets, just like Ghostbusters.

did you happen to look at the numbers from the 1984 version?

>budget 30 million
>box office 295 million

that was before we were in an economic recession thanks to our commander in chimp

What have you done for civilization?

Or do you think being white means that you get to take credit for everything that white people have ever done?

>She looks hot. Deal with it, you're just being racist.
KEK no. I've hated Zenyatta as long as shes been around. Shes an awful actress and a failed Disney starlett. I am absolutely fine with a mixed or even full black MJ but I fucking loathe her.

It's not about the product. It's about the fact that Jews in the media continue to push this anti masculine/anti western culture agenda down our throats and continue to poison our children's minds.

Kids are growing up believing that being gay is ok, dressing in an unprofessional manner is acceptable, playing video games for a living is an acceptable job for a grown man, race mixing is acceptable, etc.

It's cultural assassination that will result in the downfall of the planet.

The recession started before the votes were even in.

LOL. Get a load of this cuck. Why don't you just go have sex with a chimp then? Same thing as wanting to fuck Zeydano