AOTY 2017

Can you guys reccomend me some some good albums released this year?

This is my AOTY so far

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/~Androol
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This was my top ten about one and a half months ago. Not much has changed since, I think.

rateyourmusic.com/~Androol

If you like popish releases maybe try these

Dutch Uncles - Big Balloon (new wave)
Brendan Byrnes - Neutral Paradise (microtonal synthpop)
Tiny Hazard - Greyland (art pop)
Kirin J Callinan - Bravado (art pop?)
Mac Demarco - This Old Dog (jangle pop)

try the new Lorde album

Where's Forest Swords

Remember me?

It's on my rym but I gave it a 3/5 and of those I only included ones on my chart that were either in rotation or I was otherwise partial too. As I recall it was a strong 3/5 that I gave Forrest Swords. Does anything in particular jump out at you that you think is significantly worse than it?

1. Sun Kil Moon
2. Sun Araw
3. Perfume Genius
4. Richard Dawson
5. Tiny Hazard

The new Sun Araw is tentative, surely one of the most interesting things I've heard this year but perhaps too long for its own good.

i miss the guy who would post power rankings of almost every album that came out in a year over the course of like 10 posts

No I thought it was fantastic, I was missing it on your chart

My top three are Mystic 1000's by Milk Music, Uncanny Valley by Stabscotch, and I Musik by Kyo.

Those King Gizard and Foxygen releases were good too. Overall a fairly weak year so far, but thankfully it can never be as bad as 2013.

Luke Vibert - UK Garave Vol. 1

Are You Insanity but I dont remember specifically if he's still using that name. Offhand the only thing I remember about his list this year is that Ed Sheeran is the lowest rating. Unless that's a different person.

>Are You Insanity
>guy

Pick one, and only one.

That's so hot.

Yeah, as I recall she was a qt. Shame about the extreme autism though.

Lol

that was awful lol

Same here, and I listened to probably 75 albums this year. It's just so infectious and the instrumentation is so colorful. God tier dance music

Pic related is still my number 2

Oops

Hated Arca, snooze on Mount Eerie, and I really loved that Dean Blunt album at first but I hardly go back to it. Everything else is p. good choices.

New Ambrose Akinmusire is out but haven't had enough listens yet. It will probably end up on my list somewhere.

this was such a disappointment desu. i was so fucking bored

Listen to Thomas Azier - Rouge if you want a great pop album.

I like keeping up with new music, here are my favorites from this year

If you are looking for pop/rock, I recommend the new Pile, Spoon, Slowdive, Rose Elinor Dougall, EEEKS, Future Islands, Jens Leckman, and Desperate Journalist. If you are looking for other stuff, let me know and I can rec more.

Pretty Sup Forums, you should branch out

Not bad, a lot of mediocre pics though imo

Good recs

This was really boring

This was also really boring

My dude, glad people are still posting this

Listened to most of this, good stuff

Haven't checked these out yet

What's bottom row middle album?

Dirty Projectors - S/T

This

How did they do it bros? How did they make pop perfection?

I'm still trying to figure it out. Honestly after going back to Riot! You can definitely see the potential

the ones with stars are my favorites