Thoughts on these zombiekinos?

Thoughts on these zombiekinos?

28 days fucking kino

28 weeks fucking gay

although the opening scene in 28 weeks was so damn promising

First 10 minutes of 28 Weeks later is the pinnacle of zombie-kino

Only the first half of the first movie was good. The rest was any other zombie flick.

What was so wrong with 28 Weeks? I thought it was an original and realistic way to handle a zombie sequel.

the kids ruined it and everyone acts like a fucking retard

Days is better obviously but I enjoyed them both a lot

outbreak started in a fucking stupid manner

"lets have this guy make out with his infected wife, fuck it"

> still no 28 months later. Missed out on the zombie boom.

Sequel when?

Liked the first better than the second, but it was interesting to see the aftermath of a 'zombie' outbreak and plans to retake the city.
28 Weeks was the first movie that I saw Imogen Poots in, so I can't hate it as she's fucking gorgeous.

28 days is absolute zombiekino, probably the only zombiekino other than Dawn of the Dead.

28 weeks started off with a good premise, but the rest is garbage. Focusing on kids was a mistake.

really retarded containment plan.

>not havings guards near the infected wife
>not having the wife airlocked off
>funneling everyone into a dark room with only 1 entrance/exit when the containment fails
>not just locking each of them into their rooms and sweeping the whole area.

I really hope Garland directs it, seeing as he already got his directorial debut and it was pretty good.

>I thought it was an original and realistic way to handle a zombie sequel.
>realistic
Dont they use a chopper to mow down a bunch of zombies?

28 weeks is a very competent film, it's a shame that plot-wise it's fucking retarded and unbelievable
not to mention the convenient le dad super zombie for some dramatic scenes when it doesn't fit with the series' internal logic at all

I... Forgot about that, you're right

>going through the subway at the end with only the nightvision
>it's in first-person

N O P E

FUCK THIS

Its okay. While 28 days later is a great movie and zombie movie, 28 weeks is an entertaining action movie. I like them both for different reasons but other than the start of Weeks, it feels way too different in tone and content to be realted to Days.

Brilliant sequence, the finale of Days with Jim going full stealth Rambo was amazing too.

>People still act like 28 Weeks is a sin against god when they forget that 28 Days Later has one of the worst endings to a film ever conceived

Both are imperfect, but both are good.

28 Weeks left the ending completely open for a third, any word on if there is going to be one?

I thought I remember seeing something about a third one

>zombies

Sounds great but I'd say good zombie movies will not show up for at least another decade. People like the talking dead because it's about drama not zombies.

Haven't seen Weeks, didn't care for Days.

>2 movie collection

They were going to do 28 months but they had to change directors and lost the momentum to do another one. Hollywood is fickle

This is 100% correct

>the scene where Begbie pushes in his wife's eyes

One of my favourite zombie movies, along with Shawn of The Dead and my favourite entirely serious one.

>saw 28 Days Later in theater
>at the beginning and end of the movie when he's nude, people were booing the screen and shouting "this gay gay" or "what a fucking faggot"
First one was ok, 2nd one was ruined for me because of the kids

The first one is great but ruined by the fucking girl.

Fuck me she's awful. Why the fuck did they get her in.

>still waiting for 28 Months Later

>Fuck me she's awful. Why the fuck did they get her in.
So parents and teenagers can relate to the forced unnecessary drama or something. Also the very reason why a huge majority of films and TV-shows sucks dick.

Do you mean the teenager or the black one? because the black one I thought was surprisingly sane and not useless.

The black one wasn't a kid. And she was great. Was hardened by it all. I especially like her line saying something about "do you wanna survive or not? this isn't some film where we fall in love and fuck."

I really wish there was a 28 months later. Perhaps the infection mutates and all of Europe is infected. 28 years later could be a post-apocalyptic zombie film where the infection has now decimated the world.

A 28 years later would be interesting. But that would mean the zombies would probably have been decimated themselves.

28 months later was supposed to happen but in the meantime the whole zombie fad went burst.

Come to think of it, it was insane how many zombie related flicks/books/vidya were done in the shirt period 2002/2010. Then it stopped suddenly.

28 days is the most overrated trash ever. Shitty digital film, bad acting and awful climax with the meme soldiers. Waste of time.

>edgy contrarian: the post