/daily/ - Not On My Watch Edition

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>listenalong schedules, OP pics, etc.
daily-mu.blogspot.com/p/welcome.html

Previously on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/the-stick-men/insatiable/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fuck off dailyfags

Innit.

Looks like daily is finally dead

Future Days is a sneaky bastard isn't it, title track breezes by and is almost 10mins

Early morning /daily/ is always slow.

new chart woo

just watched 8 1/2, still gotta process that shit before I feel comfortable enough to a number on it

2 reviews pending

coool, was that your first Fellini? I feel you'd like La Dolce Vita

>was that your first Fellini?
first since yo mama behind kfc

Isn't it like a huge fuck up starting Fellini with 8 1/2?

yeah, i'll check out the other one

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Okay, it's been a few weeks and I listened to quite a bit more on the essentials chart. I'll give brief thoughts on as many as I can. Also, the color means shit all.
>Godspeed - Lift Your Skinny Fists
Good album. Can't see revisiting this for a while but definitely enjoyed it. The ending was anti-climatic AF though.
7.8-8/10
>Radiohead - OK Computer
It's solid , but it never impressed me too much though.
7-7.5/10
>Radiohead - In Rainbows
Really liked the electronic edge and general atmosphere to a lot of this album. Will definitely listen to it more.
>Joanna - Newsom
Love the fuck out of this album. It's an album I've started a lot, but never finished until recently.The compositions are put together immaculately and the lyrics are top notch. Every time I've listened to Emily I've almost always interpreted it in a different way.
9/10
post 1/i dunno

That classic album we all now and love called Newsom by Joanna

>Coil - The Ape of Naples
This needs more listens then one quite honestly. I still thought it was good but, I feel like I need to experience this at least one more time to get the full effect.
7.5-7.8/10
>Brian Eno - Another Green World
Good shit. I can see the rest of Eno's art rock being listened to in the future.
8/10
>Faust - s/t
Fucking great. It never grew thin on me and it was a fully engaging listen the whole way through. If anyone could rec other things in their discography I would appreciate that a lot.
8.5/10
>Kate Bush - Hounds of Love
I like this, don't get the full hype behind this I guess. Running Up That Hill is definitely a 10/10 song for me though.
7/5/10
>The Jesus and Mary Chain - Psycho Candy.
Shoegaze just kind of isn't for me I guess. I'm willing to give it another shot but I don't remember anything in particular standing out.
6-6.8/10

FUCK meant Ys.

Heh nothing personnel kid

>Fleetwood Mac - Rumors
Like this a good bit. Above average but not something I can see growing on me in any big way.
7/5-7.8/10
>Frank Zappa - Freak Out
A solid first time up to bat. I love the humor and general wit along with the sound of the music on here. Going to look deeper into Zappa's discography along with seeing about more Doo-wop.
8/10
>Art Barkley and the Jazz Messengers - Moanin'
Like most Jazz albums, it needs a second listen from me to appreciate it fully, but still solid AF.
7.5-8/10

Ryo Fukui - Scenery
Good album. Particularly liked how the bass was in the left ear, the drums were in the right, and the piano was put between. It helped in giving a clear listen imo.
8/10
>Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Not much special I can think of to say about this album. Good and classic.
8/10
>Electric Wizard - Dopethrone
Fantastic, The hard guitars and drums along with the general stoner sound make this a consistently amazing listen. Will be exploring more into metal without a doubt.
8.5/10

new alvvays song KICKS

hey boys, what's kickin'?

see

I guess that answers that

0w0
what's this

(had to jump through many many hoops to get this far)

so it's Black Foliage's grandpa? hmmm
i should like this more than i do

>parable of terrible band

>parade of terrible band
haven't even listened to them but good one

just funnin', it's p.good 1967core. It's like the 1967est thing I've ever heard.

Like 13th Floor elevators without the annoying dippydoopydippydoopydippydoopydippydoopydippydoopy

>electric jug
>not the most essential part of the elevator's sound

i know it's essential to their sound

t h a t ' s t h e p r o b l e m

>electric jug
>ever a problem

y e s

I want to like it. The freak out stuff is extremely unlistenable though

yeah it gets in its own way with that mess

"hmm this freak out isn't as awful as the rest have been"

"o fuk that's the title track, why guys why"

I'm soooooooo tired :/

more like electric fug off with that shit lol

>If anyone could rec other things in their discography I would appreciate that a lot.
faust iv pal. not as experimental, but just as much fun

That's about an hour and a half into it right? Are you watching it right now?

y

listen to this

rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/the-stick-men/insatiable/

>rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/the-stick-men/insatiable/
>Zolo
ummmmm maybe some other time

sleep

No, I have a friend coming over with her friend. They both want some booze cause it is their graduation day and I'm a good host :)

although, I bought the 3 disc Critereon DVD off Amazon and am currently 30 minutes in, the hoops were the sites I had to visit and plugin I had to download of dubious authenticity and safety
Pic was the first thing on google

O. Have "fun" bud, it's a great film.

yo wtf this is genius so far

Gorillaz officially getting CUT

Only three more to score, and I'm home all day cuz I've got allergies, mothafuckas

>I have a friend coming over with her friend. They both want some booze cause it is their graduation day and I'm a good host :)
cкopee «кoбeльwander»

I am capable of having female friends that I don't intend to bang dude lololololz

impossible
you are in friend-zone denial obviously

I'm ok being friend-zoned by her :)

only three more until I call you a pleb for rating the best album there among the lowest

Wait a bit that's Satantango? Shiiit good fucking luck.

>tfw had a crush on Ricci since Wednesday
>she grew even hotter
There's no trousers in the world that could contain my boner right now

rip prodigy

nah he gave it a 4.0

>since Wednesday
underage

>prodigy died
damn

Here's an album from my home country that I decided to share

Vesa-Matti Loiri - 4+20 (1971)

>"4 + 20", recorded in March 1971, was the debut album by Finnish flautist/singer/actor Vesa-Matti Loiri. Loiri was already a "familiar face" on the modern Finnish Jazz scene at the time. 40 years later he would be considered one of the central pillars of Finnish culture. For the recording he invited a group of friends, which in retrospect reads like the who's who of Finnish Jazz at the time: saxophonist / flautist Esa Pethman, saxophonist Eero Koivistoinen, organist Tuomo Tanska, guitarist Hasse Walli, bassist Pekka Sarmanto and drummer Esko Rosnell. The music is very versatile and ranges from Jazz via Folklore to Rock and even Classical, all arranged in a Jazzy fashion and performed joyously yet somewhat informally

>jazz, flute, slightly field recording-ish, featuring also the weirdest fucking cover of a finnish traditional song about a grandma's old clock you will ever hear. It's also pitch-shifted.

Wtf

which next?

Future Days is nice but apart from title track it sorta disappears in the background for me. 385 is discount Midori without piano. Next?

branca

>MxBx 4
yeah boyy

next do Russian Sleep Experiments or whatev

I actually did Branca already, just forgot to give a note because I felt it needed multiple listens. It's p good though, I liked it. I can see where SY got most of their early career ideas there.

What?

And yeeeeboi I love MxBx

oh alright, danny brown then
ascension is tough but when it clicks it clicks hard. im just so impressed by the composition of everything.

can you post this image without your edits please

RIP

i was listening to shook ones today...

ayy boi how goes it

dj screw finally clicked yesterday
gimme ur fav screw tapes, already listened to All Screwed Up, 3 N Da Morning Part Two and June 27th

Daniel Bachman or Vijay

Rip that niBBa

Colin Stetson, after ascension

that 4 parties bonjour cover art looks nice, try that one

daniel bachman

ok, thanks lads

Hey Accel, about your Bar さちこ review: Soundtrack for an infinite white void? Your description made me think of that.

I just learned that one of my favorite albums from the 60s is both written and sung by a black man. How does he sound so white in the studio?

Arthur Lee?

Yeah. I'm not racist or anything like that, I just feel like I got tricked.

Oh shit here it is, the finals

And here are the options for Round 2

2017 music innit? What's up with that?

STGSTV PLS

Remain In Light for me pls

Its p shit dont bother

I have nothing better to do. Rad numbers btw.

Yowie, yo.

Is life actually a meme

F# A# infinity

Mine is, idk about yours.

Not a big fan of Yowie but I'll check it.

Jackson C. Frank - Jackson C. Frank for me pls

Who dis?

It's surprisingly groovy compared to the old stuff thats why im saying.

ahhh, I made it!
I haven't heard much of that, haha, but it looks like Red House Painters is still free!

FolkThread>Girl

taking The Ascension

mine is just trash

At the drive-in

woooo

sorry buddy this is real round 2 hours in here

I dunno what you're referring to with "Soundtrack for an infinite white void", Bar M makes me think of the a dark red actually

Kate bush - Hounds of Love
If I don't get cut, that is

boy you didn't get cut, look here