The regulation of the internet WILL cause the death of free speech

The regulation of the internet WILL cause the death of free speech.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HxN1STgQXW8
thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/banksy1.png?strip=all&w=960&quality=100
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yeah whatever nobody's interested right now.

>implying bongs have anything to say

implying the founder of democracy is totaly irrelevant

I'm not implying that they CAN do it.
I'm saying if they COULD do it, that would be the outcome.

/thread

Freedom, not simply democracy starts and ends with the free flow of ideas.

Why do some here condemn PC culture for their blatant censorship whilst supporting blatant censorship at the hands of the government? It's no good for anyone but the ruling class/legislators/corporations who profit directly from censorship.

(((They))) will come for anyone against the continuity of the status quo. First it's Islamic Radicals, next it'll be white supremacists, next it'll be the anarchists, next it'll be any tiny voice of dissent because muh national unity.

What the fuck theresa enough is enough

I just want to keep browsing Tor without getting jailed. I only use it for drugs, no durka durka shit. Will they leave me alone or will I be seen as an easy target?

So thats how your right to privacy dies

with thunderous applause.

Hiter was right.

youtube.com/watch?v=HxN1STgQXW8

Tor is and probably will always will be considered shady, that's your brain on normiedom. They've tried before and they'll try again to shut down Tor supporters or encryption enthusiasts. You WILL be targeted for your intent to conceal your online activities because 'muh got nothing to hide' argument. Government agencies are figuring out ways around TOR (See; Timing Correlation Attack) but you must be smart when browsing with TOR. Personally i'd suggest not even using TOR. Try i2p, i've not used it much but in terms of what the technical specifications have to say i'd say it's a decent alternative that addresses TOR's shortcomings.

Keep safe user

You've posted this many times, nobody cares

Thank you for the information. Is there a particular i2p service you'd recommend? I've heard of i2p but only have basic working knowledge or tor.

>the founder of democracy
You DO realize that Athens is not in England, right?

I mean you don't sound like you've used linux before or are using tor on a super user level but i'd suggest not using any microsoft products at all if you're going to be buying drugs or doing anything remotely illegal. If you must use windows, use 7. There's a guide on Sup Forums if you just ask for removing telemetry (((features))) on the operating system. Once that's done, you should be able to use the i2p browser package on the i2p website and be good to go. I believe most Deep Websites have an i2p mirror as well. Check out shodan dot me slash books for more information about computer security or on how to use your computer on a deeper level in general.

Nobody cares until its too late to do anything about it.

A sad truth.

The internet is the great equalizer

this, would be very easy to circumvent look at china they have censorship but there are ways around said censorship.

If people engineer a thing it also means people can reverse-engineer it.

Stop whining likke a bitch ..

That would be Rome you're thinking of

the Creator was Athens...

I've used a linux distro before but not a security/privacy based one. I know of tails and qubes or whatever its called. I'm not on a 'super user' level as you know from me saying I only have basic working knowledge of tor.

your post isn't about anything constructive, ignoring it isn't an issue

Well that's because china doesnt really take circumvention of the 'Great Firewall' very seriously. Legally speaking you should get the death penalty for it, but you really don't.

However back in the real world. Conservative governments are notorious for taking implementation of their policy very seriously and to me it doesn't look like privacy or cyber-libertarianism will survive at all in the UK.

That said, there always will be a way to circumvent their attempts to suppress us. Doesn't mean they'll stop trying. Governments are also known for their stupidity when it comes to creating legislation like this (See; UK govt tried to ban 'Encryption')

>hurr durr the evil leftist are censoring muh free speech the evil EU wants to regulate me
>I'll vote for brexit and tories to get my freedums back!

enjoy your new freedoms, brits!

The snoopers charter has been in effect since December 2016, yet there has been no mention of any arrests resulting from intelligence gained via spying.

It would appear that they have the legal right, but not the physical ability.

'The people' are actually rallying for Corbyn as 'man of the people' who will provide freedoms, but as I say, thats most likely not going to come about.

thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/banksy1.png?strip=all&w=960&quality=100