Knew Smeagol was a punk ass nigga from the start

>knew Smeagol was a punk ass nigga from the start
>only person to carry the ring and not get corrupted
>easily the most loyal character
>put his life on the line in the name of friendship and righteousness when he could have easily walked away

Name a better LOTR character. Protip:You cant.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nsdATiGS09I
thestudioexec.com/peter-jackson-to-reboot-lord-of-the-rings/
youtube.com/watch?v=am-piARxy4U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>All he cared about was smoking weed and eating food
>turned out to be the very character traits that made him the purest character

Are all the "DUDE WEED LMAO" posters simply the embodiments of evil intent?

If they made LoTR today there would be a 100% chance that Sam would be the magical negro character

yessuh massa I finna take the ring to mordor suh

>he doesn't know about the reboot

don't scare me like that

Jesus delete that gif

That poor pupper

Reminder that based viggo literally cucked sean astin on set, also he likes feet.
Is he /our guy/?

youtube.com/watch?v=nsdATiGS09I

Sam is the shit, hall of fame bro
>I can carry you

Holy fuck I had to google it, it's fucking happening.

thestudioexec.com/peter-jackson-to-reboot-lord-of-the-rings/

>People with consumerism ideologies are good
>People who want to change the world are evil
What did Tolkien mean by this ?

Give me a source to verify where he said that

>i want it at 25,000 frames per second
>the lord of the rings:of the rings in 2019
There goes my sides

>only person to carry the ring and not get corrupted

But he did...

Pipeweed is more like tobacco, Tolkein was an avid smoker.

Plus Merry and Pippin go full 420blazeit when they loot Sauromans tower.

>thestudioexec.com/peter-jackson-to-reboot-lord-of-the-rings/
>Splitting each film into 3 films
>9-film LOTR series

>implying he won't do it
>implying it won't be fantastic

Garfield as Frodo is my only concern.

Not really. There was like one sentence from the book of how he thought about the ring's power but he immediately forgot about it and remembered his duty to master Frodo. Sam was fairly immune to the ring because he was a simple man. He didnt want power or glory. He wanted a wife, kids and a garden at the shire. His weaknesses were his strengths which makes him a perfect companion for Frodo.

Explain/

That's the way it shoulda been in the first place.
But I'm pretty sure this is a ruse, so we'll never see it happening.
Life is suffering.

It was tobacco moron.

>The only being in all of time and space to hold the ring and give it away freely

That's not true though. Sam didn't want to give up the ring and if Frodo didn't snatch it off of him it would have been... interesting

>DUDE TOBACCO LMAO

So then why did Saruman chide Gandalf on his use of "the hobbit's leaf" in the movie

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDEEEEEEE

That's not what happens in the books dude.

>'No, not everything, Mr. Frodo. And it hasn't failed, not yet. I took it, Mr. Frodo, begging your pardon. And I've kept it safe. It's round my neck now, and a terrible burden it is, too.' Sam fumbled for the Ring and its chain. 'But I suppose you must take it back.' Now it had come to it, Sam felt reluctant to give up the Ring and burden his master with it again"

He was reluctant to give it up and on atleast two occasions tries to repossess in way of offering to carry it

Also the notion that sam didn't want power is flawed, he had thoughts of grandeur that were fed by the ring but we're ultimately his.

>Already the Ring tempted him, gnawing at his will and reason. Wild fantasies arose in his mind; and he saw Samwise the Strong, Hero of the Age, striding with a flaming sword across the darkened land, and armies flocking to his call as he marched to the overthrow of Barad-dur. And then all the clouds rolled away, and the white sun shone, and at his command the vale of Gorgoroth became a garden of flowers and trees and brought forth fruit. He had only to put on the Ring and claim it for his own, and all this could be"

He was strong enough to repel these thoughts but bare in mind the short length of time he carried the ring. Even Frodo offered to give up the ring

If faramir hadn't caught frodo and sam would smeagol have continued to help or was it all a lie?

Search youtube for something like "LOTR lighthearted interviews" or something like that, its around 7 minutes long i think

This.

>The love of the halfling's leaf has muddled your brain.

And in the Hobbit Saruman says Radagast ate too many mushrooms and it ruined his brain.

smeagol would have turned evil again the closer they got to mordor. He was so completely far gone and utterly consumed by the ring that nothing could save him. Faramirs/frodos betrayal just sped up the inevitable

Aragorn
Because he represents the high, wild untainted Hypoborean race

Half the reason Lotr remained popular is because the counterculture movement of the 60s picked up on it and they liked to joke that the Hobbits were smoking pot

>tfw live in a climate where mushrooms don't grow naturally/wild

It was Sam's suspicion and insult (calling Gollum "sneak") that led Gollum to going through with his plan to lead them to Shelob.

He didn't have the ring for very long; a day at most. Maybe that's not long enough to be corrupted by it?

Not to the extent as Frodo but it cert started to

Read the greentext

It's Longbottom LEAF, numbnuts. You smoke dried tobacco leaf, with weed you smoke the buds not the leaves. And you can clearly see dried leaves when they open the cask.

He's one of the best. I love all the Hobbits character arcs desu. They all had really good ones.

Tobacco doesn't slow your mind, dingleberry

well he IS the leader of the hobbits crew

hes the alpha hobbit that is still shy around his crush

For people who dont smoke tobacco regularly tobacco can actually give a decent high.

Isis is getting creative holy shit

He's gay.

Because people like Tolkien don't want the world to change. For someone who actually cares about justice and morality (unlike Tolkien), earth might as well be hell.

In LoTR, you just have to listen to the Valar. Obey the will of god!!!1

Which would be more of a speedy energetic "high"

>source: I "quit" smoking but I still have 2-3 ciggies a month

i only smoke when im really drunk

i used to buy a pack of 27s every other day

not i just smoke when im really drunk since tobacco slows down the digestion of alcohol
feels good man

Did you even watch the movie? It was because of Frodo and the rangers that bullied him.
Sam literally did nothing wrong.

Except smeagol came around and people treating him like shit was the problem.

Well... Except for the fact that even though he was a hobbit he was instantly corrupt by the ring. Did they ever explain that? Was the ring just trying super fucking hard then or had more power or was smeagol just a shitty human being.

>and burden his master with it again
>he had thoughts of grandeur that were fed by the ring

Huh. Looks like he was altruistic after all.
He wanted to spare Frodo the burden that was killing him

The best. Always enjoyed this one.

youtube.com/watch?v=am-piARxy4U

Who would do such a thing to a pupper!