How did Sup Forums get over depression? Or at least, learn to live with it?

How did Sup Forums get over depression? Or at least, learn to live with it?

Also, feels thread.

Suicide, at least three times a day.

I jumped

A combination of anger and elitism. Anger is a great resource; a potent fuel you can use to power yourself and so much easier to deal with. Learn to hate yourself, accept only the absolute best. Exceed your mediocrity. Perfect yourself.

>it's all in your head

>focus only on good momentum
>start with general things

>milk the good momentum feelings

>past is past and cannot be changed. Let it go

>don't try to forget cause if you try, you think about and you jeep that vibe alive.

>YouTube
>Abraham Hicks

>any topic

>thank me later. Good luck my friend

I drink a lot. Play videogames and MTG to distract myself from the pain. I keep telling myself one day ill get back into music, release a few great albums then blow my head off. One day...

You felt down once and watched a motivational youtube video to feel better. That ain't depression bro. Sorry to say, but you have no idea what you're talking about.

took a job in another state with better climate, 5 months ago. that severed all the emotional ties, bad memories, and subconscious bullshit that will forever be associated with the place i used to live. i'm a completely different person now, for the better.

Bump

I stay consistently high. Just go on bingers where the first thing I do is smoke and just keep taking dabs and bong rips all day. Then I go to bed, have terrible fucking nightmares, wake up and do it all over again

different user here...

YOU control your brain more than you think.
Stop being a puss and letting it boss you around.
take charge and focus on what you want to focus on.

>bong rips all day. Then I go to bed, have terrible fucking nightmares
may want to change something up there...nothing wrong with the weed but...

The nightmares are why I smoke, it's not the weed that's giving my nightmares. I have derealization/depersonalization. It sucks me into my own head like I'm a bystander in a shitty movie. Girl I was talking to dropped me out of nowhere a few weeks ago and I've just been consistently high every since.

i should also mention that the RIGHT meds make all the difference. some will render you emotionless or just won't work. i take effexor and lamictal and these are absolute god-sends with no discernible side effects.

A combination of cognitive behavioral therapy (lots of reading on my own, not just the basics we went over in therapy), psychedelics, and years of fighting and struggling to rewrite the patterns in my thought process and undo the bad mental habits I had formed. I'm still a lazy piece of shit, but I'm slowly making progress and becoming more productive with my life, and I hate myself a lot less and feel way better than I used to. It's cool because once you get out of that slump and actually start improving your life, the improvements make you even less depressed, i.e., less financial frustration, a support network of friends and family you keep up with, an exercise habit. From there it gets a lot easier to weather the times when things go wrong, because you still have SO MUCH ELSE going for you. It takes a while to get there but you can do it!

Well eventually I just turned into a non-emotion feeling zombie with low energy.

Probably going to kill myself soon because it's never going to change.

I just sit back and start saging.

>Happiness is a gentle guiding spirit.

Think about that statement until you have mental clarity, user.

>YOU control your brain more than you think.
>Stop being a puss and letting it boss you around.
>take charge and focus on what you want to focus on.
Depression is a MENTAL illness. That's why you can't just snap out of it by thinking about it really hard. You're sick in the head, that's why you can't control it.

...and then you get anxiety issues. You need to be able to want to perfect yourself without hating yourself, otherwise you will be fucked when you find something in you that cant be changed.

i haven't, learned to drink smoke and get high

How does one drink smoke user?

I had depressions for 4 years and suicidal tendencies.

Went to cognitive-behavioural therapy for some months. Learnt how to control my thoughts a bit and to live a healthier life (a depressions cripples your habits and hobbies and getting back to a healthier lifestyle helps to overcome it, though it is a hard fight)

basically i came to 2 important conclusions: 1° suicide could always be an option but i would try to live my life before doing it. 2° my depressive episodes always started because of feeling guilty (for not studying, for disappointing my parents, etc.) Once I got it off me it didnt had the power to depress me anymore.

It's like this... imagine you have two parts of your brain. The upper part does all the learning and decision making. The lower part is all instinct.

When there is the possibility of fear, shame, humiliation, powerlessness, etc, the lower part will do ANYTHING to protect the upper from feeling it. Unfortunately, protecting the upper part like this can eventually create chaos in the person's life. This is where things like anxiety, depression, egoism, self-delusion, obsession/compulsion, etc come from (In a lot of people, not all... ).

So, to prevent the lower brain from feeling the need to do this, you must train it that those feelings are OK and you can deal with them on your own. The way to train your brain is to be able to talk (out loud) about all the sources of shit feelings in your life, and use the specific words for how you felt (i.e. fearful, ashamed, abandoned, lost, humiliated). The more you are afraid to say something out loud, the more that saying it out loud will probably help settle your lower brain. Do this over and over (with a counselor, support group, trusted friend, or maybe even a mirror would work), as long as you say these things out loud.

Eventually this becomes like a superpower. As long as you can say something out loud, and learn to be OK with saying it, you discover that these emotions won't have their negative effects on you.

i think you're both right to a good extent.
really depends on the state of mind of the individual suffering.

when im at my peak, i acknowledge that my brain is mine to steer, and i can regulate and channel negativity into something beautiful or constructive, if i put in enough effort

on the flipside, when i am at a low, in those states i find myself absolutely helpless; no amounts of willpower will save me, im doomed.

i think its during the latter case where, having a good support framework might mean life or death for others out there.

I identified the worst unprocessed trauma and worked my way through it. Once I had that off my back, the rest was much easier.

Also... shrooms

drink, smoke kek

cocaine seems to be working for me for the past couple of days

this is what worked for me...ymmv

>eating healthy foods
>getting plenty of exercise
>being outside as much as possible (sunshine can have a very positive effect on the mind and body)
>forcing myself to get out of my comfort zone
-I was comfortable at home on my couch. but I was also depressed. so I started going to events, social functions, things like that. started meeting people and having conversations. real human interactions.

Shit like that.

Rip

you can dream when you smoke 24/7??

I don't ever dream when stoned 24/7 365 but when I go on vacation or stop smoking for a week I get lucid dreams.

Not the best way but I finally hit rock bottom for me and shit got even worse and I finally snapped and it worked like an underflow so now life is bearable again

Punched mothers BF in the face, moved out to my gf's house. found myself an apartment.got dumped,moved into best friends apartment, got a min wage job,split bills in half leaving me with 60% of my income left over after bills, built a massive gaming rig with three 55" 4Krez screens.found new gf,asked her to move in,now have gf and best friend both at home to game and drink with all the time,depression cured.

That's the worst part about it and imo the reason so few people seek help. When you're down you can't function and when you're in your up phase you think about things rationally and don't see the need for help or are embarrassed about it.

have a depressed gf

Dubble rip

I refuse to accept that train of thought. I whole heartedly believe there is no limit that one cannot be overcome by either sheer determination of will or clever maneuvering. Conquer or bypass. Stagnation is not an option. The second you let your potential plateau, you have lost.

fucking hell dude. livin the dream.

I haven't going to see a psychiatrist on June, 21st just because I don't have the balls to put an end to me

Good shit. Self determinism at its finest.

I will throw in my feels. Call me an idiot, fag, or whatever. But I will be real for a moment.

I met an Chinese exchange student in college. She was there just for the semester but we feel in love. Her visa expired but we really did try and make it work.

It was 15 months across the ocean. What killed it? She came from a vary conservative family with no son. They didn't want her to be sent away so they wanted her to marry a local boy to help ensure they have someone to look after them when they were old.

If her little sister was a boy it wouldn't be an issue. I never wished for a person to be born the opposite sex so bad. And since my girl was the oldest she was to watch over the family so the little sister could do pretty much whatever she wanted as long as she stayed feminine.

My lover was given a choose. They would pay for her plane ticket to me. But it was one way and she would no longer be family. If she stayed she had to cut me out.

She choose them.

I would never force her to do anything, but I was so sad.

It was over a year ago and I still get depressed thinking about it. I even wish she choose me, we drifted apart, and she went back to China. Then I would have the relationship end on terms I would be ok with. Instead I got my heart ripped up.

(Cont.)

(Cont.)

I still think about her. And what it could have been. I am not that bad looking of a dude and other girls have been interested in me, but it is not the same.

We had a mutual liking for each other, we adored each other, both attracted to each other, both wanted to change to make the other more happy. We both had that spark.

And I haven't felt that at all since.

One girl was alright and fairly nerdy. On paper a good match for me. I went on a few dates and tried some moves. But I felt nothing. Just going through the motions. I felt horrible since she was really into me and I didn't care about her. I would always rather hang with friends doing nothing than do something with her.

I am afraid of going through life alone. No one to share that spark with, no one to passionately hold in my arms as I feel asleep, no one to care fr and care for me.

I know I am young, dumb, and full of cum. But I don't want to be alone.

In this fear I imagine my ex still in bed with me. I still kiss her on her head. I still say "
我爱你". I still imagine all the dates we would go on. I still look at clothes in malls that I would have bought for her.

But now, I am just some sad fuck on Sup Forums.

Depressed.

Alone.

And wondering if life is worth it.

I stick around just in case I find someone. But if I somehow knew I would never feel that or anything close, I will kill myself by night fall.

And wait for her.

>A measured, reasonable, middle ground, accurate response?
>In MY Sup Forums?

Fuck, dude. I know from experience that it's literally the smallest consolation in the world, but I'm sorry. Good luck, man.

God youre an idiot. Lol. Your stupidity made me smile.

be a man and get the fuck over it or kill yourself

Watch golden girls. Shit is funny as fuck and i wanna bang all those bitches at the same time while rubbing my nips with pizza oil

Pot

it may sound toxic but how about:

convincing yourself to hate her? she made the choice to throw you under the bus, whatever her considerations were.

you deserve more than her. you deserve better. and the better half who wants you more than the chink does is simply waiting for you to close your old doors, so that new ones may open.

i felt i had nothing else to do only to think about why i feel like shit. One thing led to another and i started meditating. best decision ever

That could work. Or it could just make him hate the one thing he obviously regards as good in his life, confuse his feelings and make him somehow worse off. Somehow.

Who the fuck is this and do you have moar.

Once you learn that your soul and your ego are 2 different things... You will wake up

not OP. no clue who, but here.

If he's strong, he'll use that hatred, turn that spite into power and energy. Drive yourself to be better than her, and when you've risen above the depths she dragged you to, you'll look back and see how far you've come and appreciate what you have now. You'll see how much stronger you really are than what you left behind, and you'll be happy.

14 tho, kek

nah. not that young.

Just think about this: Life is like a game and first step to win the game is to realise, that it IS a game. Second step is to realise, that your Mind is the interface and every second u can change it, if ur will is strong enough....i dont know anything about the third step, but first and second helped for me.

here's what I did

every time something happens, you're gonna automatically think about it in the worst way
you have to catch that thought happening and replace it with something less shitty
watch your thoughts all the time
so when you walk past people and they laugh
you can stop the "they're laughing at me because..." thought and replace it with "they're friends chatting, of course they're fucking laughing"
take every opportunity to replace self-devaluing thoughts with neutral or positive thoughts
and over time, you'll stop being depressed

it might be difficult
and it might take a while
but it works

You have to make the decision to change, get into the habit of monitoring your thoughts and resist negative self talk, then slowly work your way out of depression. It took me a few years but I'm doing very well now, no doctor help needed. Work on improving things about you that you don't like and use the progress you make as justification to feel better about yourself.

fuckin jinx, man

Gunna an hero..had no rope but..i calmed down realised that it isnt so bad...i dont know i just kinda deal with it now dont feel much but thats okay could be worse...could get better.dont make a rash decision.

find something that will get you over it for a few hours, video games.

Lol didn't see your post, well we must be on the right track anyways