Underrated as hell

Underrated as hell

As is most of her work up til A.I.M.
One of the most interesting artists of 2000s and 2010s

I also hate how M.I.A. got assblasted for having this abrasive sound on this Maya album while Death Grips- a little short while after - got crowned as revolutionary by critics everywhere.

ahead of its time

Fans shunned Maya because they came from Kala and expected a pop sound, but I'll never get why critics did the same.

Her best album imo, and yeah death grips probably took influence from it

Yeah I saw the new Fantano vid as well bros

i feel like mia is in the same position as dean blunt. critics want to like them but since they don't fit into a certain label they can promote like kendrick for example. end up panned.

Beyond mediocre attempt at industrial hip-hop

I've been raving about Maya for years, it's my fav M.I.A. album. I was happy to see the melonhead say he came to like it years later but he still say there are flaws where there are none.

its like deathgrips but good

No Arular love in this thread? It's my favorite MIA

I posted this exact thread last year and got shit for it. Fantano does it again

>Fantano says fucking anything
>instant threads pop up
no

I kekd so hard. Melon ranked TKOL, Radiohed's pleb filter as their worst release. Also of course I hate posers who change their opinions on records, because if you review a record maybe try listen to it more than once. Then you can change your opinion about it, not after a couple of years when you see that people like it so maybe it's time to change your opinion? That's the theme of Pitchfork and now melon, I'm sorry but it's just pathetic how hard they try to stay relevant.

this haha

sure smells like melon in here

oh, so you still think linkin park is the grates band ever?

I never thought that Linkin Park is the greatest band ever so NO.

You're fucking thick. Opinions can, do, and should change on everything all the time. If you form a view on something and then say "Well, guess that's it until I die!" you're a complete and utter moron. You should always be re-evaluating everything.

And of course I'm not talking about some stupid teenagers who don't know shit about music but about a music reviewer who changed his opinion on MAYA because I quote "Death Grips". LMAO so his first opinion was inspired probably by Pitchfork?

Not really, unless you're a poser who wants to fit in. Then you can change your opinions even five times in an hour.

So you're saying that if you try an apple at age 7 and dislike it, you should never try an apple again?

Projecting much?

I'm not talking about being a stupid kid who doesn't even know shit when he's 7 but being an eighteen (and more) years old who should know by this age what he likes. Melon is just easy to manipulate and he probably change his opinions on many topics when he talks with his friends.

But, changing your opinion due to conversations isn't a bad thing? Taking new information and different views into account then taking another look at something is exactly what people do. Changing opinions isn't a bad thing, I'm not even defending Fantano here just the basic concept of changing opinions.

Then you must rethink if you really should have any opinions because maybe you're too dumb to have any (or maybe just your opinions are that stupid so you change them when someone tell you to).

this to a t

sup Fantano

Arular>Kala>Maya>AIM>Matangi

TWEETIN ME LIKE TWEETY BIRD ON UR IPHONE

More like:
Arular&Kala>Maya>>>>Matangi>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>AIM

Seriously this. It's actually getting eerie how much Sup Forums parrots Fantano