The obscurest album ever

So Sup Forums I recently learned about this.

>Mister PaperRock Orchestra - Il Brutto Anatroccolo (1978)
Seventies italian prog about human nature and alienation.
There are only 100 vinyl copies and it has never been reedited or ripped into any format.

Is there a possibility that we can collectively manage to buy it and upload it?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/LP-ITALIAN-PROG-MISTER-PAPERROCK-ORCHESTRA-IL-BRUTTO-ANATROCCOLO-/271477118667
angeloamoretti.net/portfolio/celononcelo/misteren.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump for interest

I like Premiata Forneria Marconi so I hope this is similar lol

i'm interested, maybe some kickstarter-type format would work for this, where people can easily coin in 1-2 bucks.

Where can you buy it from?

you could probably find a more obscure and more easily accessible album by digging through bandcamp. why you would want to, thats your deal

It's on ebay for 700 bucks, that's a lot

bump for interest
seconding this

It can be done though.
Who would be the one to buy it though? And if they did they should pay a decent bit more than the rest of the donors. Maybe $50-$100?

Those albums are a bit less obscure because technically there are an infinite amount of copies to buy. Only 100 in this case.

I don't know any crowdfunding sites tho

Yes, a collector would probably spend that money anyway. He needs to also be able to rip it and upload it

>ebay.com/itm/LP-ITALIAN-PROG-MISTER-PAPERROCK-ORCHESTRA-IL-BRUTTO-ANATROCCOLO-/271477118667

The bidding is expired tho, we need to find another way to get it

There's typically a reason albums like these are so obscure, just leave it alone.

since someone gets to keep the record afterwards anyway, maybe it would be a good idea to make a format where the person that rips the record pays for a high percentage off the record (something like 50%), but gets to keep it afterwards. (probably a collector like mentioned)

>Popular = good

boy, you new here?

Lift to Experience released an excellent album back in 2001 but do to their own financial struggles could not afford a propper mix and master with an American release and they were only able to garner a tiny cult following in the UK and Europe. It is very possible for excellent music to be swept away because of various factors.
Maybe one of us gets in contact with some collector and offer them a couple hundred that we crowd source to help pau for it so they make a rip for us?

is Zenjin - Pseudoscorpion out there properly yet?

What in the world are you doing here?
MODS

I'm italian and I did some research on local websites. Apparently most of the copies of this record are owned by fellow citizens of the band (which was from Udine, north Italy). The label which published the record closed soon afterwards for lack of revenue. I'm from the south though, so I'm not able to look for it in local flea markets and whatnot. If someone who lives close to there knew about it he could probably find it easily tho

Also, according to an italian site, it's really difficult to find even for collectors: it appeared on some mailing list in the early 2000s never to come up again

what makes you think it will be worth listening to?
just the fact that it's italian prog?
it might be shit lol how are you so sure

Who said it will be worth listening to? Why do you think people are sure about its quality? You can't know until you actually listen to it.

right but its a completely random chance
i mean has anyone checked what else the artists have done
if this was a side project by the guys in ys i'd be putting money down

>right but its a completely random chance
Sure. I mean, you can use context around it to guess whether or not it might have some quality, but even ignoring that gambling can be fun.

angeloamoretti.net/portfolio/celononcelo/misteren.html
here is some info I found.

It's not related to Il Balletto di Bronzo. This is what a site says about them:
Very rare record of the italian rock scene but nothing to do with the progressive one because it's from 1978 .
This is a sort of Rock Opera talking about the Man's solitude and his alienation, sung in italian by a nice female voice in some tracks.
We can find here some acoustic ballads and heavy blues tracks with a light touch of funky. The lyrics are important because they are against the way of life of the late 70's, 24 years ago.

hmmmmmmmmmm im semi convinced
are there any sellers right now?

The titles translated:
>Ouverture
>Funky March
>Alone
>Persuasion
>The Fatrega (this is a made-up term)
>The Trial
>Thank You
>It looked so natural
>And the train goes

Not that I know, look at these

Bumping for interest

Bump

If obscurity is purely based on number of copies why don't we all pitch in to buy All Lights Fucked from Constellation Records? They only made 33 copies.

There's a whole list of private press records from that era that regularly go for 4-low 5 figure sales. Mostly prog and folk bands.

Record prices can get insane. Hell, I've got a rare sealed '70s steel guitar album that turns out is worth a few bills to the right person. it all depends.

What album?

Leonard T. Zinn - Reveries of Hawaii.

Bought it for 1 fucking dollar at a library book sale.

Oooh love Italian prog

Leaf hound's "Growers of Mushroom" (which you should totally check out) is worth more.

upload that shit my man

I would, but like I said, it's still sealed.

Can anyone on a private tracker check to see if it's there?

I want this now

its not on soulseek

Fuck off retard

Fuck off, he's only trying to help

lmao, even the OP said it was never ripped so how could it be in a private tracker
thanks man, it was only a quick search either way