Sabaton

What does Sup Forums think of power metal bands like sabaton?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JYZbHxWIBqw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

videogamemusic-core.

Sabaton is a damn enjoyable band even if they've essentially have made about twelve relatively original songs total and then completely reused them over and over as a base during all their albums.

Still love them, though, their shows are great.

w-w-what do you mean? Coat of Arms and The Last Stand are totally different songs, r-right?

>sabaton
>power metal
They've about as much power to their songs as a holocaust victim.

Why are there hoplites, gi's and samurais on that cover?

It looks cringy as fuck. Like something an 8-year old want hanging on his wall.

Talvisota and Rorke's Drift, Blood of Bannockburn and Union (Slopes of St. Benedict)...

They sometimes have a slightly different style but ultimately it's like 12 to 18 songs that they've mastered and have been reusing for different themes.

It's still great fun but honestly power metal is not something you listen for deep stuff, you listen because of sick memorable riffs and energy and just honestly having a great time.

Welcome to europower

>no meaty riffs
>no other depth to songwriting outside virtuosic fills that are simplistic in their progressions
>cheeseball as fuck image
They fail on every level.

START THE HOLOCAUST
THE REICH WILL RISE

>you listen because of sick memorable riffs and energy
Neither of which Sabaton has an ounce of in their entire discography.

I like them, a lot of people seem to not like them, but they're so enjoyable for me.

Call backs to the songs referring to several Last Stands through history - a few obvious ones are Sparta and the Siege of Vienna (Winged Hussar all the way in the back); but there's a Soviet parachutist (Hill 3234), the last battle of the samurai (Shiroyama), a fallen WW1 Serbian helmet (Last Dying Breath on the siege of Belgrade), and the eponymous Last Stand with a burning flag on Swiss Guard helmet on the ground (The Last Stand about the Sack of Rome in 1527 where a vastly outnumbered Swiss Guard managed to hold the Vatican long enough for the Pope to escape).

History being their schtick, of course, so it makes sense.

Sabaton and Powerwolf are garbage, at least Dragonforce can shred their guitars to give an illusion of some songwriting merit. If you want Power Metal listen to good bands like Blind Guardian and Lost Horizon.

I think Powerwolf is the best Power Metal band

>tolkienshit
kill yourself

Their Amon Amarth cover was aight.

They educated my friend about history more than school ever did

They are music's equivalent of a summer blockbuster. It's not great art, but it's enjoyable

I wish I could forget this boring music existed. Thanks for the reminder though.

I dont regularly listen to them, but they're fun as shit
shows are one big drinkfest, and I know enough crowd pleasers to enjoy myself
they don't take themselves too seriously, and that goes a long way

>Roman Centurians
>a Samurai
>WW2 soldiers
>A GODDAMNED WINGED HUSSAR

How in the fuck have I not heard of this band.

>holocaust
>victims

I like them. They are telling heroic stories through music, this was common hundreds of years ago. I find that very cool, and they should be respected for that.

They even remembered our three hero monkeys. They asked a brazilian fanclub for helping with the lyrics back when they made it.

youtube.com/watch?v=JYZbHxWIBqw