What do you think of Gorillaz, Sup Forums?

What do you think of Gorillaz, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y6QYvgJVA3o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

s/t > pb > dd > humanz > the fall
really really really bad fanbase

>really really really bad fanbase
Explain pls

Ewwwww, normies, now I see what you mean, I usually stay away from the fanbase.
I have more of a reason to now.

I like Jamie Hewlett and a couple Gorillaz songs. I tried to listen to the new album but I quit after two tracks.

I wish they kept that sound:
youtube.com/watch?v=Y6QYvgJVA3o

Good shit

you shouldn't be here

What's your opinion n Saturnz Barz?
I never thought of hearing reggae (or whatever Jamaican musical variant) for that song.
The vid's lit though.

I guess it's pretty good but man it doesn't feel like Gorillaz to me. It kinda feels like a watered down version of what's popular right now. I just wish their songs represented Hewlett's drawings more but I know they aim for a larger audience.

Bump

i liked only a select few songs from the new album, i LOVED sleeping powder (sleeping powder came on as i typed that. what the fuck.) and despite the disappointment of the new album, its an amazing project and i'll always love it. the idea of a fictional band is cool as fuck and i'd love to see more iterations of it.

Right on, Sleeping Powder is dope as fuck. The rest of their album is kinda meh, Saturnz Barz and Ascension is nice though.
I really wanna see more cool designs for the gang, especially Noodle.

Demon Days > S/T = Plastic Beach > D-Sides > G-Sides > Laika Come Home > The Fall >>>>> Humanz

I also have no fucking clue why Humanz wasn't more in the vein of Sleeping Powder, that shit's easily S/T - Plastic Beach tier.

You mean reddit the band?

Are you retarded? They've been popular on the internet way before Reddit. That's like saying Linkin Park is Reddit because fedora.

I practically grew up with the Gorillaz, they've been around for a long time now. It feels like Demon Days came out not that long ago, damn time flies. I just find it crazy how many artists they have collaborated with over the years and how much they've experimented with their music.

K

I didn't even know they made anything between Humanz and Demon Days. That said, I liked Humanz.

>judging a fanbase by youtube comments
youtube comments are always shit

I really liked Humanz.
I'm sure I'm not the only one, right?

Well the album in between those is humanz but not unfocused and more tasteful so go for it

S/T>Demon Days>PB>The Fall>G&DSides>Lakia>Sleeping Powder>Dare Live>>>>>Humanz

i never know how to rank d sides because the first disc is really good but the second disc is useless

Understandable. I usually judge it by the strength of disc 1, which is more of a proper record than their last 2 on its own. Disc 2 is just some remixes, worth a few listens then never again. Not great, but not exactly detrimental either IMO.

Pretend make believe music for children (or autists who were children in the early 2000s)

Listened to them constantly throughout my school years, was a huge fan until recently I just can't get into that new album I dont think theres more then 2 songs i could realistically see myself ever listening to again on it. Their first record and Demon Days are gold though

Damon Albarn's second best band.

>Second best band of Damon
What does he mean by this?

None of the songs on Humanz were good enough for me to revisit them at all

Parts of Saturnz Barz got stuck in my head but honestly it's not that bad once you get over Popcaan's accent. Busted and Blue and Ticker Tape are also tolerable. Fuck the rest, though.

Edgy Teenager: The Cartoon Band

Don't forget Sleep Powder being good although it's not included in Humanz.

Oh, definitely. Sleeping Powder is leaps and bounds ahead of anything on Humanz.

s/t is one of the best albums of the 2000s

gorillaz is hugely nostalgic for me 2001-2007, i think they actually do hold up still but humanz was pretty bad

noodle a cute

Sleeping Powder feels very Gorillaz like, no wonder it was trending on YouTube.

They like a song more than you. Terrible fanbase

Pretty much this. They've always had hip hop features on their albums but that's almost all Humanz was and it was mostly no-name porch monkey trash. The Grace Jones track was pretty cool but the album lacked the quality and consistency that made the first three albums sound like an actual fictional band making original music rather than am aging liberal faggot with a white guilt complex running out of ideas.

he was in the band woohoo andim pins and im needles woohoo