Why does everyone on here use "dadrock" as an insult? Sure...

Why does everyone on here use "dadrock" as an insult? Sure, there is some pretty boring and bad music from the classic rock period but a lot of stuff you guys call dadrock is actually really good. If people try to bring up something like Deep Purple, CCR, Steely Dan, or Rush, you always get "dadrock lel" responses. What gives?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cqF88fjE0wc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>everyone
lol
only literal children use this word

p4k doesn't talk about them.

>deep purple, ccr, steely dan, or rush
>good

when dadrock is actually good (dylan, the doors, pink floyd, rolling stones) no one bothers using this term

>CCR
>Bad
Come on now. Literally 6 classic albums in the span of just 3 years.

>What gives?
Twelve year old meme lords.

literally only one of them is a classic album

There are 2 kinds of Dadrock

>Good
Beatles, Velvet Underground, Kinks, Who, Pink Floyd, Stooges, Aerosmith, Rush, Queen, Van Halen, Wings, Black Sabbath, UFO, Cars, Cheap Trick, AC/DC, Judas Priest, Supertramp, Ramones, Police, R.E.M., Motley Crue, Dinosaur Jr., Pixies, Pavement, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins

>Shit
Bob Dylan, Cream, Jefferson Airplane, Rolling Stones, Yardbirds, Hendrix, Joplin, The Doors, CCR, Grateful Dead, Blue Oyster Cult, Led Zeppelin, Yes, Genesis, Kiss, .38 Special, Boston, Jethro Tull, Bad Company, Journey, REO Speedwagon, Dire Straits, Skid Row, Sublime, Pearl Jam0

has anyone uploaded that CD i wanna hear it
it usually describes boring rock that dads like and would consider intellectual or better than other forms of music

>Shit
>Hendrix
>The Doors

No.

>Skid Row
But Skid Row is good, you fucking numale.
youtube.com/watch?v=cqF88fjE0wc

I can think of a combined total of 0 good songs by The Doors and Jimi Hendrix.

Also I didnt read OPs example selection

>Good
Deep Purple, Rush

>Shit
CCR, Steely Dan

That being said, CCR has one, MAYBE two good songs. As a whole, theyre shit.

>Steely Dan
>Shit
Incorrect

Let's listen to I Remember You next you fuckin poser pansy. You like Poison and Warrent/Winger/Whitesnake, and Tesla I bet too. Fuck all that. WASP and Motley Crue were the only glam metal bands with testicles, you retarded faggot

>0 good songs by The Doors
You are either a troll or a complete lunatic.

if you think CCR and steely dan are better than all of those bands

Or option #3: I have good taste. Jim Morrison is the most overrated personality in the whole of Rock music popular lexicon.

I wish he didnt die so he couldve faded into absolute obscurity and irrelevance.

>ac/dc is good
>hendrix isn't
incredible bait

Bon Scott is waaaaaaay cooler than some 60s hippy black man who had less soul than Johnny Ramone.

See? It's as I told you the other day. Sup Forums has no love for Steely Dan. It's too bad, but there you have it. Instead, Sup Forums is populated by faglords like without any knowledge of, or real appreciation for, music.

You've just confirmed its the latter... what about Jim Morrison is overrated exactly?

>Bon Scott
Did you conveniently forget about the 10 albums they made after he kicked the bucket?
Bon Scott is the only bearable era of AC/DC, but even then they still wrote the same song over and over again.

>I'm a faglord for not liking Steely Dan

I can't think of a more lame 70s band. Maybe the Eagles, but I don't like spending copious amounts of time pondering such retardedly boring musings.

Normally they didn't grow up with strong father figure.
>good
>motley crue
>shit
>hendrix
fucking disgusting

>Numale white apologist detected

Hendrix sucks, MAAAN

His voice and his """persona"""

What the fuck? Who gives a fuck about anything after Bon's death here? Yeah, it's bad... but what was done with Bon was exceptionally good Rock n Roll. It cant be tainted.

wtf how is sublime dadrock?

It shoud be known that Steely Dan, while produced with great care for detail and recorded with quality of sound in mind for even the strictest of audiophiles... still wrote bad music.

Ok, to each his own, music is subjective. But to say they didn't release one good song is batshit and disingenuous

>thinks ccr and cream suck
>thinks he has any right to call others nu-male
you showed your hand by shitting on clapton. never met anyone who hated clapton who wasn't a nu-male

>Sublime's LAST album came out in 1996
>There are Sup Forumstants young than 21 years old

That's okay, take your time with the math you burnt out 90s hippie retard

"Dadrock" is just whatever 60s-70s rock that r/lerightgeneration crossposters were most overexposed to on classic rock stations and youtube comments when they were 13, and now feel validated at rejecting now that they're 16.

I didnt say Clapton was bad, I said Cream was bad.1 or 2 good songs, bad body of work.

2nded someone please upload this masterpiece

How has no one called you out for shitting on Dylan yet?

Maybe it's widely accepted than Bob Dylan is bad. If so, I agree with the masses.

>rush
>not good
uh

dylan seger and springsteen all suck

Plebs have always had an issue with Dylan, but even mega normies can usually see how good Hendrix is.

Are you being facetious or do you not actually know what the majority of music listeners think of him?
It's his voice, isn't it?

Agreed 100%

Voice, lyrics, and music. None of it appeals to me. Sorry, when I think good folk, I think John Denver.

I dislike both equally, for pretty much the same reasons.

Neither Dylan nor Denver are folk but alright.

when i was younger i heard somebody call Yes dadrock so I always thought it was a positive thing lol

What are they? I get it that they're not Traditional songsmiths from the land, but they are considered "Folk".

Folk rock, and more country pop in Denver's case, but that's just semantics.
The JD albums I've heard are fine but bogged down by lame covers and sugary anachronisms, how was he more poetic or incisive than Dylan?

I think Denver's personal life was far more interesting than Dylan's and full of more pain. Vietnam was a real drag.

I personally find the sugary songs to be ironic considering his background. John Denver is also objectively a better singer than Dylan. Not as "iconic", but certainly more talented.

>Genesis
>shit

Unironic A+ taste