What's Sup Forums opinion on Run The Jewels?

What's Sup Forums opinion on Run The Jewels?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NUC2EQvdzmY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=36aJqUzgDi0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First one solid
second one ok
third one mehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

you wanna hear a good joke
nobody speak
nobody get choked

the album or the duo?

Every one of their songs is pretty intense. Their latest album isn't too bad.

third album sucked only 1 or 2 good songs very forgettable

all albums good
el-p top of the production game

1: cool
2: cool
3: hideous
realized that the boring sjw shit is what they've been spewing all along

mane fuck rtj trashest shit

1. meh
2. dope
3. meh
That single with DJ Shadow: Hypest shit

youtube.com/watch?v=NUC2EQvdzmY
how did they get such good actors

My go-to currently when it comes to hip-hop.

3 is a grower and probably my favorite of theirs.
1 is kinda meh when compared to the other 2, still good.

Reddit the Jewels

They want to make "fun and bombastic music" that offends nobody and the result just comes off tacky and contrived

I'm good at rapping, Mike is fat, sex joke. Also weed.

I don't even mean political correctness when I mean offensive, I mean they're scared to represent the oldschool that was actually about being a gangster and they're scared to represent the newschool were people just dick around and make hip hop. The song titles are epic and random (Close your eyes and count to fuck) but don't really mean or communicate anything. Because that could offend somebody.

I remember they tried to go political on one song where they talked about police brutality and the song in a nutshell was "Mike is a great guy with 2 kids and it would really suck if the police beat him up for no reason"

Still though as far as by the books generic mainstream hip hop I like and support them. I don't really care to listen to it because it sounds too vacant but yeah. Twin Hype Back is my favorite song.

PICTURE THIS
I'M A BAG OF DICKS

NO

they have songs where the literally describe murdering police officers lmao

Good group that made three very solid hip-hop albums IMO. I got bored of the first one faster than the other two though, even though it was just as good to me. EL-P's production definitely carries them though (Not that Mike's voice isn't perfect for rap)

Why can't there be a middle ground between dicking around and "gangsta rap?" I think they're a lot less contrived than you think they are.

Rakim famously once said dont touch a jam if the next man slayed it. That song was done way better by sean price.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=36aJqUzgDi0

There can, that just needs to genuinely be your thing

I don't really buy it with these guys. They sound like they'd like to be edgy pioneers but they're too afraid to say anything actually controversial, maybe because if someone actually challenged them on it they couldn't substantiate it with anything.

Meow the Jewels is their best album

Very good rappers trying to go commercial. El-P's best years are behind him at this point and he's still pretty great.

embarrassing nu-male shit

reddit tier

imo 1 > 3 > 2

3 has better overall production but the highs of 1 outweigh it. Plus, every song sounds unique on 1, whereas a lot of 3 kinda blends together. 2 is more like 3, but since it's less sprawling like 1, it has stand out tracks but they don't really work together as an album (i.e. something like graduation by kanye)

oh and nothing by run the jewels is better than el-p's solo work

Pretty good duo, Sup Forums will shit on them to be contrarian though

clearly