My car suffered major collision damage but it is still drivable. The other party is under 18...

My car suffered major collision damage but it is still drivable. The other party is under 18, parents say they can pay for all repairs. If we go the insurance route, she threatened to fight my claim. They are clearly at fault, I have witnesses. I only have liability insurance, should I settle and have them take care of the repairs privately?? She has a specific contact. Help b!!

.personally if they're willing to cover repairs and be cool then fuck it, no harm no foul

Get the contract to fix damages in writing and have the car looked at by a 3rd party before to catalog damages. Then if this hookup fucks up the job you can take them to court

ask for cash. any accident on your record will look bad.

Sounds like they just don't want all Of the insurance four their cars to go up

get an estimate on the damage first

That is exactly what they said

Thank you

From a 3rd party correct?

yeah, usually it'll cost a bit of money. if the bumper isn't too badly fucked up you can fix it with tape or however you want. then tell whoever crashed into you it caused more $ in damage and profit

Thanks!

Bumper will definitely have to be replaced. The hood was bent too

if you can fasten it back down it won't have to be replaced. the hood will probably be the most expensive imo, unless you can find the same car with an intact hood at a junk yard

take the insurance. if you dont and later you find something was missed on the repairs, then you are screwed.

>take the insurance. if you dont and later you find something was missed on the repairs, then you are screwed.

go thru insurance. The only reason they say they want to pay for the repairs is so they can scam their insurance company or you. Do you really want to take that chance? Honest people don't try to cover up accidents.

this ive been fucked over before by family friends, theyre bitch asses took their car to get fixed by their grandpa that works at the dealership and all the sudden they got a new chrome grill

Thank you!

Thank you!

Gotcha

>be me
>get hit by woman driving pick-up too big for her skills
>pick-up is owned by her boyfriend, a small business tradesman
>boyfriend contacts me, asks to not go through insurance to keeps his rates down, etc.
>I am sympathetic since he didn't cause the accident, but is being hurt by it
>I say I will get some estimates and give them over
>he asks that I include his friend's shop, ok fine
>get estimate at really good place: $2000
>get estimate at standard go-to place: $1500
>get estimate at his friend's shop: $600, it's some old guy in a private garage out in the boonies
>tell other guy that I'm going to the standard place, his guy wasn't in the ballpark and was concerned about him phoning in the work
>other guy starts bitching about how much standard place is
>wants to meet me downtown so he can see the damage himself
>starts putting strings, conditions on his offer to settle outside of insurance
>I listen for 5 minutes, then tell him sorry, we're now going through insurance
>get my car repaired at a decent place, looks great

My advice - go through insurance. Once the other party senses some niceness on your side, they'll take advantage of it.
Don't give them the chance to screw around with you.

Non-OP greentext car accident rage story to bump thread:

>be me
>heading into work
>have to scan my card to get access to garage
>machine is broke, dude says go to other one
>I back out not realizing car was pulling into my lane right as I was reversing out
>Small boom
>Pull off to side of garage
>Quasi cute bitch gets out of car
>Ask if she's ok. She's fine
>She's being a bit of a cunt
>I say "Don't worry, just call my insurance and file a claim. I'll admit fault 100% since I hit you."
>She goes on and on about how her dad is a big business owner on the east coast and he's going to be pissed
>I tell her to just call the number, file a claim, and then no one needs to be pissed for anything.
>We part ways as amicably as two people in this scenario can.
>A few days later
>Get a call from this girl’s dad
>”Blah blah, I just want to resolve this as simply as I can. Are you going to pay for this?”
>Thinking to myself ‘wtf - I gave them my insurance info. Why are we talking about this?’
>Tell him “Actually, the insurance will pay for it. If you haven’t filed a claim yet, here’s the number again. Just call them and they’ll take care of it”.
>Fast forward two weeks or so
>Go to get mail
>Profusely large manila packet from some east-coast company
>Open it up
>This asshole sent me two copies of a 100-page packet that included photos of the car, copies of a police report, three estimates for the damages, a cover letter/memo/fax to my insurance company, and - I shit you not - a fucking transcription of our phone conversation AND a message I had left him prior to us actually connecting.
>Show it to my wife incredulously
>I throw it in my fire pit and move on with my life
>Another two weeks go by
>Check mail, yet another large packet.

contd...

>This one has a more stern letter to my insurance company asking why there hasn’t been any response from them.
>Insurance company apparently sent it to me because they didn’t know what the fuck to do with it.
>I text the girl I hit
>”Hey, your dad keeps sending me these large packets. I don’t know what he’s trying to do, but all either of you need to do is call the number I gave you when I hit you and this will be over.”
>30 minutes of radio silence
>I get a text back
>”My dad owns a big business, so when you hit the car, you didn’t just hit an individual’s car, you hit a fleet car for a major company”
>thinking ‘wtf’
>I say “The only difference that makes is that the insurance will cut a check to the company instead of you. Aside from that, it doesn’t make a difference, but someone still needs to call them.”
>More silence
>Then a chain of texts
>”My dad’s not an idiot. He’s much smarter and more successful than you, he knows exactly how business and insurance works.”
>”My dad is furious now. I’ve never heard him like this before.”
>”He says he’s going to sue you into poverty, no one messes with his family like that, etc…”
>I’m completely in disbelief.
>Swallow my pride and say whatever I can to try and smooth this highly escalated situation over.
>”All any of you had to do was call that number and this would’ve been over months ago. I have no idea what’s going on here.”
>She says her dad is calling his lawyers, etc…
>I don’t feel the least bit threatened, but I really don’t want to deal with these fucking idiots for a second longer than I need to.
>I tell her “fine, I’ll call the insurance company, explain the situation, and file his claim for him.”
>I call the insurance company and file the claim.

cont'd...

>Agent’s fucking laughing her ass off at this story.
>Agent says “Wow, that’s pretty nice of you to do this for him”
>I ask her if the company ever received an absurdly large packet of bullshit
>”Nope, we don’t accept claims by fax or mail. All he had to do was call us.”
>Facepalm.exe
>She says “Don’t worry, we’ll call him and explain to him how insurance works.”
>Hang up phone, laughing at the conclusion of this ridiculous scenario.
>Wish I could be a fly on the wall when the agent enlightens this guy on exactly how deep his head was in his ass.
>Enjoy an evening of roasted marshmallow smores over my fire pit, courtesy of big east coast kindling.

Thank you! How would it work it I only have liability insurance though. Since I don't have full coverage, are they obligated to get my car repaired through the other parties liability insurance?

Trying to be a "nice guy" I did this once and the repair we got back was shitty. When we pointed this out the other party lost all interest as they knew that insurance companies would not be interested any more.

Fuck them, OP. They have insurance for a purpose and, if you have a cast-iron case and witnesses, fuck the bitch and let her fight. Look after yourself and your car.

Fuck yes!

I don't understand all the issues related to your collision, but basically:
>you make a claim against their insurance
>their insurance talks to you, them, and reads the police report
>if they admit fault, then they pay for your repairs, your insurance is never involved
>if they don't admit fault - then you have to go the next step, which is more legal. This has not happened to me so I can't advise.

That Nissan of yours needs a couple thousand in repairs. Get a free estimate from your body shop of choice. Have your agreement in writing, record conversations etc. Good luck