OKNOTOK FOR REAL THIS TIME

Ok Computer OKNOTOK 1997 2017 - Radiohead (320kbs mp3)
mega.nz/#F!Vnw1GIha!2IGVs5EjUqVp-kXurF7xHw

>Alt Rock, Sup Forumscore, remaster, meme, actually for real this time thank you argentina
Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=0sFvFVkeGVg

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!p7RwgQKD!-uy7-h0aLwZXIjYJd-yq2KS0ni5fO4l0GAKa9i0HBeo
mega.nz/#!Mvo3WQZb!LVDjp3QOkrf5-gzh2_xCkEPlAtLKMwslzSLcWYjIxV4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Production_of_gramophone_records).
www34.zippyshare.com/v/g7L7W32Y/file.html
www34.zippyshare.com/v/0nRFmngI/file.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Radiohead - OK Computer (2017 Fanmix)
>"For OkC someone released an uncompressed mother vinyl and I fixed the panning, speed, and mixmatched the uncompressed parts of the digital files into the vinyl file and that's what you're hearing (working on fixing the EQ now)."
mega.nz/#!p7RwgQKD!-uy7-h0aLwZXIjYJd-yq2KS0ni5fO4l0GAKa9i0HBeo

I updated it btw (NOTOKNOTOK)

mega.nz/#!Mvo3WQZb!LVDjp3QOkrf5-gzh2_xCkEPlAtLKMwslzSLcWYjIxV4

Might have missed it in the previous thread but did u do an in rainbow

is this real guys?

New Paranoid (Top) vs 2009 Paranoid (bottom)

yes

Yes, going back to it now.

>I fixed the panning, speed, EQ
What did you do to it? What gear do you have?

Yes. See and

Would disk 2 of this album count as a "new" album? Because it's certainly my favorite release so far this year.

can i get the running time on the new tracks? specifically Lull and How I Made My Millions

Thom's vocal sounds closer and less edited on Exit Music

I molested it with audacity lol. At least it's less brickwalled now. Feel free to work your own magic.

Yeah, a lot of the vocals are way more clear.
I'm pleasantly surprised by this remaster

Can you please compare the changes in the OKNOTOK and standard OK computer like you did with disk 2 last night?

I guess you could, but there are only three "new" songs.

No.

This is a great idea.

>At least it's less brickwalled now.
How is it not brickwalled? The transients are trimmed, no matter how much you lower the volume.

What are you monitoring on? What outboard gear are you using?

IS IT JUST ME OR ARE THE BLEEPS AT THE END OF LET DOWN A DIFFERENT BLEEP SEQUENCE THAN THE ORIGINAL

Here's a pic

IDK mannnn.

>IDK mannnn.
Well wait, you are making the effort the spam your garbage hackjob on every thread, but won't tell what you are monitoring on?

What does the red bars mean, exactly?

Percussion has a new layer during For A Minute There I Lost Myself

Meant shit like this
or was this a different person

Audacity thinks it's clipping, but it's not

Yeah, that's the entire remaster

I think argentinians now deserve to be considered honorary aryans

Oh yeah that was me too. I really didn't change much, just combined the vinyl with the 2009 edition, fiddled with balance, EQ, etc. It's definitely clearer from what I can tell.

what i mean is can you fucking compare the differences in the normal ok computer to the remaster so we know what's different seeing as you have done it before

Deus abençoe a argentina

Using the Mother as a source?

Just upload the Mother for everyone instead of shitting on the album they wanted people to hear

Just use your fuckin ears

mfw no ears and posting on Sup Forums

lol

Thanks! Nice trips.

Ohhhhhh. Ok hang on.
I just torrented it. It's the top link on the Pirate Bay but it's down for me.

is there flac for cd1 yet?

hey guys
no FLAC for CD1 yet? thanks Argentanon for CD1 tho

Can someone explain what's so great about Radiohead to me? It just sounds like experimental rock watered down for normies who don't know krautrock. The only Radiohead release I found interesting (because it was musically honest) was The Bends

>Airbag
Inverted (probably since it's directly from the tapes), slower, louder, more bassy. Sounds a bit less crisp desu. Vocals seem more pronounced ish.

Pic related is my download speed for the rest.

Don't think so.

Based Argentinians might hug a random one tomorrow also forgot how good this albums was

Instead of perpetuating garbage some Argentinian butchered in Audacity and samefagging until people think it's good, here's the rip of OK Computer he used as a source. Don't bother with his "fan made" shit.

Radiohead - OK Computer (Mother Positive)
>This is the Mother Positive vinyl rip of OK Computer that leaked about a month ago. It is a rip of the actual copper metal plate used to press the vinyl records (see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Production_of_gramophone_records). It is absolutely the very best version of OK Computer, as close to the master tape as imaginable. It has the best dynamics and you can hear atmosphere, reverb and other sound elements unheard of before, which would have been "masked" in the mastering process.
www34.zippyshare.com/v/g7L7W32Y/file.html
www34.zippyshare.com/v/0nRFmngI/file.html

Is this a meme?

dont diss based j-user u cunt

link of the full release with artwork scan when

>Paranoid Android
Similar condition to Airbag albeit crisper (but not as much as the original). Sounds barely more aligned to the right. If you max out the sound at the end it goes on a fraction of a second to hear a bit more finishing squeak.

How is something musically dishonest?

>Subterranean Homesick Alien
Slower, inverted, louder etc. More to the left? Intro has more reverb. Vocals are... actually louder and better. More balanced with the mix but maybe not as clear as before. Weaker bass? Slightly longer cut off but that might just be because of a speed difference.

ia the version on getleaks no legit?
where is the legit version of both cds?

He's probably trying to say the other albums are pretentious. And to answer that dude, people don't listen to radiohead because they want experimental avant-garde music, they listen to it because of how immersive, atmospheric and moving their music can be at its best (see Kid A and in Rainbows).

see op

do you mean karma police you dipshit

>He's probably trying to say the other albums are pretentious
And calling Radiohead watered-down krautrock isn't?

I'm assuming he means during that specific part of Karma Police, but I haven't listened to it yet so I wouldn't know

Its corporate music dumbing down actual art for the reddit audience of frustrated white nerd teenagers

reddit didn't exist in 1997 you fucking turd

>actual art
How do you what "actual art" is?
>frustrated white nerd teenagers
Ever seen the people at Can concerts in the 60s/70s?

Anybody able to re-up this mix quickly anywhere else? I hit my fuckin' quota on Mega apparently :'(

Has redacted fixed their catalog yet? do they have the correct flac?

use MiPony to download, I think it still bypasses the quota or whatever

Wow, you're a fucking dick.

I'll be waiting till Friday, but please tell me if Big Boots was worth the wait?

It's a very good track imo

It was

Totally!

I'll just wait to receive my boxset. :^)

That alone makes me happy :)

Back from dinner
>Exit Music
Not inverted. Beginning guitar squeak is longer. Less bass. Less vocal reverb (but that might be from wet gain). More to the right.
>Let Down
Inverted. More to the left. Longer end.
>Karma Police
Inverted. Faster. More mono/bass. "This is what you get" vocals sound fuller
>Fitter Happier
Inverted. More muffly. Less bass. More to the right. Ending is louder.
>Electioneering
Inverted, overall fuller but muffly. More to the right. Less compressed. Feedback is louder near the end. Fades longer.

Is this your mix or the leak mix?

This is comparing the new leak to the 2009 edition.

quick question J-user, should I keep my ALAC version of CD2 (converted from yesterday's FLAC) or replace it with the MP3 one? any noticeable differences?

I'd just keep the FLAC/ALAC. You can copy the tags from the MP3s but the audio is technically lower quality.

Nice, thanks. I'll keep that one and will use the MP3 CD1 for now. I hope we get a FLAC of CD1 soon!

This whole post is proof you spend too much time on mu

huh, the CD1 remaster really sounds different. I like it.

What is this?

>Climbing Up the Walls
Not Inverted, faster. Longer fade in. Definitely more bassy. Vocals and center are louder during the chorus so less strings. Everything feels more center faced (which is arguably good for this song) though again less crisp. Strings quieter near the end.
A mix I made to pass the time using the mother vinyl and 2009 editions (not the leak). If you're interested the link is dead, check the one after.

When you say things are faster or slower, does that mean the pitch is different too? I'd listen myself but I'm at work rn

It's like less that 1% difference for most because it's using the original tapes. I'd assume the pitch changes but really barely.
>No Surprises
Inverted. Faster. Stronger bass. More right. Louder vocals (like climbing up the walls). "Silent" sounds really good. I think I like this version even though it's less crisp of course.

>Lucky
Not inverted. Similar condition to No Surprises and Climbing Up the Walls. Arguable as to if it sounds aesthetically better or not. More left. Sounds like a better balance in the last chorus. Noticeably longer fade out.
>The Tourist
Noticeably more compressed lol. Tricky to tell but I think it's inverted. They've definitely touched it. Faster. More right. Sounds actually pretty good for the vocals but the choruses sound too mushed. Longer fade.

All in all, not too much of a difference. More compressed, a bit more muddy, more bass which can sound better or worse depending on what part. Some minor extensions. Big deal for a week's worth of threads. I'm excited about the vinyl and cassette though.

>a bit more muddy
indeed. sounds a bit darker than the 2009 one, very noticeable at the start of Subterranean Homesick Alien.
I like the way the drums sound.

What do you mean with inverted, J?

huh, they really added more beautiful computer noises to Let Down

We speak spanish you idiot

Has a FLAC version of CD1 been leaked yet?

Happens in analog technology (like vinyl, etc). The sound is imprinted one way onto the tape and then imprinted the other way when switched to digital. Good evidence for what they used. No sound difference (unless you play an inversion on top of an original).

nope, not yet. Just the MP3 320 in this thread.

so is this real or not? I'm not noticing any difference between this and the original album i have

Ok gotcha, thanks.

We're pretty sure it's real but it seems barely lower quality than the 2009 release. There's the off chance that it's a vinyl or cassette but it has some bits and pieces not in the original release. Disc 2 is definitely real.

It is according to J-user. Listen to Let Down and you'll notice the difference. Also the mix is a bit different in some songs and it sounds a bit darker when compared to the 2009 re-issue.

Whats the quality of OP's post? Is it a rip of the CD? 320?

Someone in Argentina ripped CD2 in flac and they apparently posted again with MP3s of CD1 and photo evidence. OP converted CD2 to MP3s and fixed the tags for both.

MP3 320 CBR. But it's compressed a bit.

Whats CD1?

The differences in compression from the original can only be seen but I can't hear them and I already noticed a difference in Airbag vocals. This is actually good.

The original album remastered from the analog tapes.

Also the percussion in No Surprises seems to stands out more. The Tourist vocals sound like they have less reverb, guitars sound warmer.

wait till you get to Let Down. Palo Alto and Pearly* surprised me too.

Let Down is so much better now.