God tier movie thread. Post your God tier movie and rate others choices. I'll start with this one

God tier movie thread. Post your God tier movie and rate others choices. I'll start with this one.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-N9LnkKQfuc
youtu.be/gNyX90HKWTM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

And this one.

coen brothers know their shit..

fuck yeah they do, i'd put a few of their movies in the god tier category.

Movies are gay, I prefer tv shows. Seriously.

TV shows are intelectual fast food.

I'm personally a fan of both, once I get into a TV show i tend to stick to it and then watch movies a lot in between shows.

this

8/10, I liked it till the end, trying to compare a black guy going to jail with having your arm cut off is a joke. Not even in a racist way.

Obvious pick

Goodfellas for sure

Spoken like a true societal reject.

Never seen any of them, I imagine I'd enjoy them cos I enjoyed shitty movies like The Room etc.

Been told to watch this, I fucking hated Batman Vs Superman though, Zack Synder did a horrible job on that.

10/10

kek... >fast food.
films last on average for 2hrs. tv shows can be an hour an episode, over 12 episodes. over multiple series.

This the shiz

Haven't seen this either. Whats it about?

And just about anything by David Lynch is god tier. Also, anything by Lars Von Trier, and David Cronenberg.

They were both arrested, and despite the amputation nothing closed that Marion is the only one in jail. So it is likely that Harry will be in prison with an amputated arm.

Trying to compare a 2 armed black guy in jail with a one armed black guy in jail is a joke. 9/10 funny movie.

Not watching American Gods, are we?

These threads are always depressing. Sup Forums used to get intelligent people with a variety of interests, and quite a few cinephiles. Now it's all white, middle class, suburban teenyboppers with pleb tastes who think Avengers is classic cinema.

For the record, my favourite film of all time is Night of the Hunter. It was so groundbreaking that critics and audiences had no idea what to make of it at the time. The cinematography is simply unparalled, equal parts German expressionism and film noir.

I've also seen Lost Highway and Wild at Heart, looking at downloading the rest of his films soon. You're right so far though.

Story about the rise of lil dice (lil ze) and how he becomes a notorious drug Lord in the slums of city of God (brazil) based on a true story and a very good movie.

Fan edits of this are better. Esp. Watchmen Midnight.

Godfather 2 was much better.

It's not like any super hero movie. It was made long before the "Marvel formula" was found. Get the director's cut torrent and watch this shit. You'll immediately wonder why this isn't as big as it is.

My only gripe is it's more violent than the comic. Not that I can't handle the violence but they hold back in the comic to help the narrative for something that happens much later.

That being said its a good movie, not by super hero movie standards but just by movie standards.

Never seen this one. Sup Forums is fucking dead but I thought i'd still have a better chance of a good thread here than fucking Sup Forums. Pic related is one of my favourite older movies, 12 guys in 1 room, no special effects bullshit, just character exploration and depth.

OVER RATED FUCKING JEW SHIT.

HERE'S THE GREATEST MOVIE IN THE LAST 10 YEARS.

the cinematography is the best part, the story is so-so

the camera work was excellent

Tell me more user, what is this edit?
I love the director's cut but if there's a better edit I'm down
>inb4 Google it

>Avengers is classic cinema.

Logan and maybe Deadpool were the best Marvel movies but for very different reasons.

I watched this with my grandma. That was an awkward experience.

cool, i'll suss it out.

Yeah I'll get on it then. Not a superhero fan at all tbh, dragged along to that shit by normie friends. I love going to the cinema but man its mostly shitty films these days.

ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED?

Gentlemen, anyone up for a little ass-to-ass?

Classic punk movie

No, I'm simply not some reddit-tier sucker for hive-minded opinions.

Also, I never said it's a bad movie, bud.

Fair enough, I disagree, I think its one of the best films ever made.

kek, I did a similar thing but with Requiem for a Dream with my mum. Ass to Ass was a very awkward scene.

this movie fits into a class I like to call "middle-of-the-night-tier"

cozy for late-night viewing

Ya like dags?

kek because i just mentioned that exact scene here but its also already been posted.

Sup Forums is fucking cancer. You'd think if there were any cinephiles left on Sup Forums, they'd be in Sup Forums. Instead, it's all the same middle school edgelords and semi-literate neo-Nazi troglodytes which have infested Sup Forums chattering about insipid Hollywood blockbusters made for people with an IQ of 80 or less.

And you really should watch Night of the Hunter. It's on the top-10 best film list of virtually every major film critic.

Go away.

Face off
Con air
Fargo
O brother where art thou
The chaser

Epic movie imo.

The fargo tv series would like a word

Cool shit user, i also wasn't a fan of any of the new Marvel movies although I did enjoy winter soldier.

That being said I would need a good hour+ to explain how good Watchmen is.
TL;dr watch b4 I spergh out

7/10 not as good as Lock Stock

Yeah, you'd think so. Memes really took that board down. Added to the list, cheers for the recommendation.

Fanedits are reedits of movies that are different and typically better than the original. That take all available content (deleted scenes, trailers, etc...) to try and create something better than the original.
The first rule of fanedits is you don't talk about fanedits.
Google will help. I don't want to burn the providers.

The only good fan edit I saw was Star wars 1. It was condensed and they took out he who must not be named

Never seen the Chaser but the others a fucking amazing. Con Air and Face Off are two of the best action films ever, but I understand why'd they would be polarising.

ok, message recieved, too many people have now said its good for me to not watch it.

Night of the Hunter is amazing, user. It's a shame Charles Laughton never directed again really. He was a brilliant actor as well but that really was an amazing film... How creepy is the song that Mitchum keeps whistling? Great stuff...

Aliens (1986)

I agree with this 100%. Christian Bale is amazing.

If you like The Third Man and 12 Angry Men, then you'll like Night of the Hunter. If you haven't already seen them, I'd also recommend M and Lawrence of Arabia.

>real nigga hours

The story of Haitian Tupac trying to keep his city fed, his girlfriend supplied, and his brother on the right path.

And how the Haitian government tells him to either kill for them or be killed

Oh I've watched Requiem with my parents, but we had always watched stuff like that in my house. Drive was weird because it was grandma and neither of us had seen the movie or really knew anything about it (it was her idea even).

missed this. A classic that I haven't watched yet, heard lots of good things though. Should I read the book first though?

Best movie of all time

Deadpool was good popcorn fun.
Logan was the most human(e) movie of the lot.
Just about everything else felt like it came of an assembly line.

Lucky number slevin

Road to El Dorado.

The two scenes which always give me chills and make me want to watch them over and over again are the one with the Preacher on the horse riding against the Moon, and this one:

youtube.com/watch?v=-N9LnkKQfuc

No 2001? Honestly the greatest composition of music and orchestra in film, changed the face of sci fi, all round fantastic film

Okay as a YA film.

>you'll immediately wonder why it isn't as big as it is

Divide by zero much? Watchmen is 6/10 or so. You're further proof that fans who think it's god tier are actually just grade school derps.

STFU YOU OBESE HOME SCHOOLED 12 YEAR OLD. YEAH TAXI DRIVER DOESN'T HAVE ROBOTS OR TRANSSEXUAL MERMAIDS FOR YOU RETARDS BUT ITS ONE OF THE BEST MOVIES FOR A REASON DUMB FUCK

agreed

LoAdeD dIcE?!

honestly I wasn't going to say it but its my favourite film of all time. Out of all of the ones I've posted I've never laughed, empathised and thought deeply about as much as I have with this one.

Yeah, honestly 40's and 50's films are great, I try to watch all of the classics and form my own opinions on them. M and Lawrence of Arabia have both been on my watchlist for a while too.

Shutup faggot

Great movie (I have both 2001 and 2010 on bluray) but ain't no one got time for that.

The chaser is top notch korean cinema. Nothing supernatural about it like most korean movies. It's all crime drama about a cop turned pimp hunting a serial killer

Also check out I saw the devil

THAT'S BECAUSE YOU ARE COWARD WEIRDO SHUT IN LOSER THAT WILL NEVER, EVER LIVE OUT HIS AMERICAN PSYCHO FANTASY

I have 2010 but havent watched yet, is it worth it?

>Should I read the book first though?

Just watch the movie. Jack nails it,

Obvious pick

Drive is a great movie too now you've mentioned it. Yeah my mum isn't a prude or anything, I just wasn't really expecting it.

I appreciate the film for what it did for cinema and its influence. Some of the shots are mindblowing even now. But parts of the film drag and its somewhat overhyped. Probably Kubrick's worst well known film.

I guess that must be it.

both are on the watchlist, cheers user.

yeah, not much to say about this one. Its 10/10 for a reason imo.

Read the book. It makes the movie look like a Tom & Jerry cartoon

Jason Statham long hair, badass killer..

This

Id have to say eyes wide shut would be his worst well known, it felt like it was trying too hard to be ambiguous

Do you subscribe to CineFix on YouTube? It has the most intelligent, amazing critical analysis of classic cinema. Seriously, they clearly have a deep love of the medium and it shows. It's like going to film school, but with the benefit that it's being taught over the specific scenes from the films they're referencing.

Overhyped shock fest. Basically just Saw with drugs. Like if you gave a homeroom teacher a million dollars and full artistic licence to make a "drugs are bad mkay" video. Stupid and vapid.

Honestly I am not into hard drugs, but I am triggered by this films success.

This is how you do a gangster film.

It isn't as good as 2001 of course, but it's decent if you look at it in a vacuum.

It is a shit movie even by capeshit standards, and completely takes all the moral ambiguity out of the comic's story and characters.

>eyes wide shut would be his worst well known,

Couldn't agree more. It's the only film of his I will not rewatch.

Epic remake of the Columbine massacre... youtu.be/gNyX90HKWTM

>in no particular order
Noroi
>Japanese horror film centering on a witch and ghost. Will leave you unsettled

Dear Zachary
>documentary about a young boy who never got to meet his father cause his mother killed him. The movie is a labor of love by the man's best friend

Gangs of new York
>action packed thrill ride about the early days of new York, and the battles between the natives and the immigrants and the city itself. Not factually accurate

Long pigs
>pseudo documentary about a cannibal living in Maine.

Revenge of the green dragons
>crime flick about a Chinese immigrant who joins a gang for guts and glory only to find he will be afforded neither

The best film ever made. No question.

Oh I've read the book, I read that before I saw the film. Kinda mixed them both together at this point.

Fair enough, it is the general consensus too but I had a soft spot for that film and really enjoyed it.

No I haven't actually. Think I've seen a few videos, I'll chuck them a sub now and check out some of their videos later.

I expected as much, i think i heard kubrick said it wasnt even that bad, so that gave me a bit of hope, but who has time, id rather watch 2001 again

Fight Club is cancer. Not because it's a bad film, but because every subnormal who wants to play at being "deep" lists it as her or his favourite film. It's like Taxi Driver or The Deer Hunter, films that people throw out just to disguise their lack of insight and taste.

Obvious pick