Brent Muffburger Triggers Feminists

usatoday.com/story/sports/columnist/brennan/2017/01/04/brent-musburger-joe-mixon-sugar-bowl-espn/96162474/
Christine Brennan
USA TODAY Sports
Jan. 4, 2017

Time for Brent Musburger to sign off after Joe Mixon comments

Brent Musburger once was a very good sports broadcaster. He sensed and captured the moment as well as anyone of his era. As someone who has known Musburgerfor many years through our alma mater, Northwestern, I always appreciated his contributions to the big event. If Brent was there, you wanted to be there too.

Today, sadly, Musburgerno longer is that man. On Monday night on the Sugar Bowl broadcast, he repeatedly and aggressively minimized a college football player’s brutal attack on a woman, a punch so devastating it broke four bones in her face.

Oklahoma running back Joe Mixon’s assault on Amelia Molitor in the summer of 2014 was captured on videoand has been seen hundreds of thousands of times online. One would hope that just hearing the news about this appalling act of violence would be enough to bring condemnation from a play-by-play manwhen it came time to discuss Mixon’s extracurricular activities, but Musburger had more information than that. He had the video.

Excuse me if I break out a familiar phrase:You are looking live, Brent, at one of the worst things a college football player has ever done.

cont.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RoTXImRJS2k
youtube.com/watch?v=seql_NefLXY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

And this is what you did: After calling the video “very troubling to see,” you charged right into the kind of full-throated defense of Mixon one would have expected from his attorney.

“We’ve talked to the coaches,” he said. “They all swear that the young man is doing fine. … Folks, he is just one of the best, and let’s hope, given a second chance by Bob Stoops and Oklahoma, let’s hope that this young man makes the most of his chance and goes on to have a career in the National Football League.”

There was no mention of Molitor —how she’s doing, if she’s okay, what her own career might be like. There was no tirade against the scourge of violence against women. There was no discussion of whether Mixon should even have been on the field in our post-Ray Rice world.

No, it was all football, all boys will be boys, all business as usual. The man who used to know exactly the right thing to say at the right time was embarrassingly out of his element on this one. After hours of preparation, the 77-year-old Musburger was still so unprepared that he addressed a vital 21st century issue the only way he could, with a 1950s answer.

There was only one thing to think at that moment. Brent, it’s time to go.

cont.

But then along came a second chance. The social media outrage over Musburger’s comments was so overwhelming that he came back in the third quarter to give it another try. He obviously hadn’t had time himself to see the reaction, but he was told that there was trouble.

Even then, if he truly didn't know what to do, he had the vast public-relations safety net of ESPN ready and waiting. The PR people simply could have written a sincere apology for him to read on the air. Broadcasters like Musburger read canned copy all the time to promote upcoming games and thank their advertisers. This would have been an easy fix.

But no.

Musburger came out with guns blazing.

“Apparently, some people were very upset when I wished this young man well at the next level,” he said. “Let me make something perfectly clear. What he did with that young lady was brutal, uncalled-for. He’s apologized. He was tearful. He got a second chance. He got a second chance from Bob Stoops. I happen to pull for people with second chances, OK? Let me make it absolutely clear that I hope he has a wonderful career and he teaches people with that brutal, violent video. OK? Second down and 9.”

cont.

Musburger’s combative tone was stunning. He made it crystal clear: this was all about protecting the young man, not the young lady. Musburger had no time for you people out there who care about violence against women. Second down and 9.

There’s a pattern here that should concern ESPN far more than it apparently has so far. During the national college football championship game in January 2013, Musburger couldn’t stop himself from praising the looks of Katherine Webb, the then-girlfriend of Alabama quarterback A.J. McCarron. The comments were embarrassing and totally out of place, and ESPN later apologized.

Just a week later, Musburger was at it again, saying that a fellow ESPN staffer, reporter Holly Rowe, was “really smoking.”

This is a sad column for me to write. I emceed Musburger's induction into our Medill School of Journalism Hall of Achievement several years ago. I like him and care about him. I tried to reach him for this column through ESPN’s PR people, but never heard back from him.

If he can’t make this decision himself, then ESPN needs to make it for him. It’s time.

FIN

wtf I hate musburger now

>Oklahoma running back Joe Mixon’s assault on Amelia Molitor in the summer of 2014 was captured on videoand has been seen hundreds of thousands of times online.

Here's a video of the incident;

youtube.com/watch?v=RoTXImRJS2k

What the fuck is with the Reddit infestation of Sup Forums? I understand Mixon was in the wrong completely, but why is what he said such a big deal so much that everyone is now a lynch mob against him?

I like how there was 0 outrage when it actually happened but now people are mad 2 years later.

I wish I could act like a nigger.

But didn't she punch him first?

>girly punches
i hope he's alright

EQUAL RIGHTS EQUAL FIGHTS BITCHHHH
keep your hands to yourself roastie

tfw you hit like a girl

>What the fuck is with the Reddit infestation of Sup Forums?

OP here, and I don't post to Reddit, so I'm not sure what you're going on about?

>But didn't she punch him first?

Looks like an open-hand slap to the face, that ended up hitting him on the neck.

And while the chick started the physical altercation, you don't cold-cock a chick like that.

Musburger is the best

/ourguy/

>implying Sup Forums virgins have common sense
B-BUT MUH UNBEARABLE FEMINAZIS

The flip-side is, chicks should NEVER get physical with a guy unless they are in actual danger.

Even an over weight, out of shape, pack-a-day smoker like me, could absolutely wreck any woman in a physical fight every single fucking time.

Punch a guy = he gets pissed
Punch a girl = she falls down crying

Based Brent "Bitch gb2kitchen" Musburger

talk shit get hit, you little dick white boi.

Why not? As a feminist I believe men and women are equal.

Jr.high, please.

Even if the chick _continued_ attacking the 6'1" 225lb football running back, she wasn't going to injure him and could have easily stopped the attack (or retreated) without cold cocking the bitch with a 'round house punch.

the thing is chicks are mentally and physically children. while men are men and we expect them to act as such.

That ought to read; "and [he] could have easily stopped the attack".

>as a feminist

you gotta leave

All she had to do was listen

talk fucking shit and get hit thats the motto. keep defending her but you are still micro dick white boi and she aint gonna fuck you

>triggers feminists

Would you care more, less, or about the same if the player had beat the shit out of a dude and put him in the hospital?

This thread is fucktarded.

>le projecting virgin

Sports is the one place that doesn't fucking care
Bitches can eat a dick

>Old guy doesn't think domestic abuse is a big deal

This isn't really news. White liberals only stopped beating their wives and children in the 70s, why should we expect a guy who's pushing 80 to be up on all the new social movements.

I don't see anything wrong with his comments at all. He doesn't condone anything he did. Ridiculous how everyone looks to crucify others for no real reason.

Liberals and lefties seem to be the most close-minded people in the world now which was the exact opposite intent more than a decade ago. Fucking sad.

>talk fucking shit and get hit thats the motto.

That's a perfect motto, when you're in prison and bankrupt...

>equal rights
Like you or I would have been treated the same way if we had punched her. We would have been expelled

stay mad white boy that bitch got her shit knocked the fuck out. lay hands on a nigga and see what the fuck happens to your punk ass

>Liberals and lefties seem to be the most close-minded people in the world now which was the exact opposite intent more than a decade ago. Fucking sad.

Indeed, their hippy parents went all the way to the Supreme Court to fight for "fuck the draft!" on a jean-jacket and now their descendants are calling for full-on CommuNazi government censorship....

It was always the intent. It's just people have gone from having real problems to complain about, like women being able to vote, to inventing shit to complain about. Liberalism is a means to an end.

Nah, leftists have always been fighting for repression and censorship, just THEIR brand of it.

Musberger never condoned the actions, what the fuck do you want him to do? do you want him to say "damn I really hope this nigger should hang from a fucking oak tree"? He said it was despicable and disgusting and he said he hoped he could correct his future. What FUCKING MORE DO YOU WANT?

It was two and a half years ago for Christ's fucking sake, and you still want every broadcaster to criticize him immediately once mentioning his name? Jesus Christ, fuck off Christine Brennan

Nope, I don't buy into the "don't hit women" thing. If someone hits you, regardless of who they are you sure as hell better hit them back.

>pretending to be a negro on the internet
i'll give you a (you) next time

>Brent Musburger
who member this? youtube.com/watch?v=seql_NefLXY
>it's been almost 4 years

according to rumor the black guy called her friend a faggot before she shoved him.

KEK

>according to rumor the black guy called her friend a faggot before she shoved him.

I had heard that earlier outside the fast food joint, the faggot had called the nigger a nigger.

Though I doubt the fag would have started the name-calling, seeing as how he's a little fag, so odds are the nigger (who is also a roided-out jock) called him a faggot first.

I have no sympathy to any woman that hangs with nigger dogshit

The English have a saying:
Chat shit, get banged.

I think this applies here.

>"talk shit, get hit" that's my motto
>heh, I thought women wanted equal rights
>that football player was merely defending himself from that small lady

What is the right course of action for a man getting hit by a woman?
Just wondering.

This. Just how many rejections do you need to get to hate women enough to side with some mandingo chimp when he breaks ones face

Be an adult and not get into the altercation in the first place

I've lived 26 years on earth and have been in 0 fights.
The retard chimp was starting shit and the woman has the brain of a woman

Sad

You avoided answering the question.

I'm Right course of action is to push her away and leave

There shouldn't be a question to answer to if you're not a piece of dogshit.

So it is okay for her to hit you, but not the other way around?
Not judging, just asking.

a man would know what to do
sad

Do you roastie post in r9k?

>Nah, leftists have always been fighting for repression and censorship

Global Leftism was and is, but the American hippy movement in the 60s strongly supported free speech in all it's forms.

Nowadays on the other hand, Americans Leftists are absolute totalitarians and are openly demanding government censorship at all levels of society.

It's fucking insane.

No, it's not okay. Never said that. Still, when you're a big guy (for you) like Mixon is, punching a woman in the face isn't okay, either. He could have very easily walked away without making things worse, but he's a nigger so it's no surprise he just punched her.

That's considered rape, Luigi. Not everyone can do it the Italian way.

Fair enough.
My problen is that when you get hit in the face as a normie, not a gargantuan nigger, you're in a shit spot.
If you don't do anything, or tell it to, say, a bouncer, you're a wuss, if you hit back, you're "violent against women".

>he has no idea what a man is
sad

>drunken retards think you're a pussy
>get a criminal record

What a tough decision.

she barely hit him, he broke her face in four places. he should have shoved her away from him instead. i've never been hit by a woman or man so i wouldn't know, but i certainly wouldn't have been looking to kill a girl if she slapped me.

Well what do you do if you get punched in the face by a man?

Looking at this video was this woman charged with a crime?

Then you fight back.

>guy does something awful
>is given a second chance
>say you hope he makes the most out of this second chance
>people are offended by this

Shouldn't we all hope this? I mean, if a murderer gets outta prison, don't we all want him to make the most of this second opportunity?

Have you ever been in a fight before?
I'd hope not because fighting is for the lowliest sacks of dogshit.

Stop now please robot

She would've been if she tried to push for a felony charge but it was a misdemeanor so according to Oklahoma law, the women is innocent in this case. The judge would've charged her with assault too if she tried anything in court.

It's incredibly biased towards men and exempts women.

I blast him out and then say a prayer for him when I heem him to the shadowrealm for all eternity

>My problen is that when you get hit in the face as a normie, not a gargantuan nigger, you're in a shit spot.
>If you don't do anything, or tell it to, say, a bouncer, you're a wuss, if you hit back, you're "violent against women".

Yup, and that's just the way it is for all men, including normie men.

Because even a normie guy can easily beat the shit out of any chick, so guys have a responsibility not to go over-board.

If a guy's life is in actual danger (i.e. she's got a knife or something) then knocking her the fuck out is justified but in this case, it clearly wasn't.

>Well what do you do if you get punched in the face by a man?

That's different, because men and women are different.

Had a guy pushed and slapped a guy that way, the Black guy would have been perfectly justified in responding with a punch.

we would like him to spend a long time in prison first

This.

me two

>aggressively minimized
how is that even possible

Was the man charged?

Newsflash whitey mcknighty - random women will hit men, unprovoked, for a variety of reasons. Alcohol, drugs, personal trauma, mistaken identity, mental problems, their period. The reasons are endless because women, like men, aren't perfect.

So answer his question. If a woman hit you for whatever reason (despite your pleasant demeanour, soft tone and warm smile) what would you do?

>source
My job is loosely linked in to police stuff, violent incidents, so I get to see firsthand what women are capable of

Yes, misdemeanor, only community service, no jail.

That's disappointing.