Musically autistic/OCD things you guys do?

Musically autistic/OCD things you guys do?
Anything ranging from extreme organizational habits to outlandishly judgmental consciences.

I keep a digital list of every album/piece I've ever listened to, organized by artist name alphabetically.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-oRlpGyI1rg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't because I'm not autistic.

I'm also normie. Got a problem?

in the car I can only have the volume on an even number
sometimes I imagine that non album tracks are on albums so that they're better

I pace my house when listening to music that's energetic/loud/trancey. I also constantly adjust the volume if I'm listening to it on my phone and never find a spot I like

If I get into an artist I buy/download all of their albums and listen to them chronologically.

I've toned down on this lately thanks to getting spotify but I still do it every now and then.

same to the first one
when i was younger i would have to walk to the beat of whatever i was listening to

When rating an album, I very often look for the vinyl track separation of sides. So then I can have a context like "Oh ok I can see how that makes sense to end side 1 that way." Etc.

This makes sense and is actually pretty interesting. Context of side separation is underappreciated in modern times.
Again with the volume at an even number, me too, or whatever number has the most factors. Why do we do this?

Even numbers seem to be a reoccurring theme to me. I remember playing this game as a child with myself where I was only allowed to walk on a particular piece of a floor pattern for an even number of steps. This has turned into many different variations of the original game, but the even number is always a constant.

I was diagnosed with Aspergers so that checks out.

On the topic of music, I try to keep the file's last time modified or opened as close to the time created as possible.

>I try to keep the file's last time modified or opened as close to the time created as possible.
What does this mean

I used to be anal about making sure that all of my albums in my digital collection had the right album covers, genres, years, etc. After I realized I'm literally the one person who'll be looking at this stuff, even if someone does steal my laptop and that it doesn't bring me any happiness I realized it was a waste of time.

I still do it. It just makes me feel better. Doesn't help that my digital collection is over a terabyte though.

I mean, I mainly use spotify premium for music listening (yeah, yeah, >spotify) and only download things that I can't find on there/aren't in their "proper" form. I'm sure if I was still relying on a non-streaming music listening platform I'd still be making sure everything was in top order.

Yeah, that makes complete sense. I remember thinking the transition from I Want You (She's So Heavy) to Here Comes the Sun was godawful before I remembered that you were supposed to switch the sides in its original form.

I would really like to make more music, but I judge every musical action/decision I make as shit because of perfectionistic parents who couldn't rein it in fucked me up pretty badly. So I don't end up producing a whole lot of stuff and it makes it hard for me to progress, practice and learn more about the actual creative process.

>alphabetically
...what? why? you'll forget which one you listened to last week this way.
Disgusting pleb.

This is extremely sad so I have to sympathize with you.
What I would do is just make something and finish it regardless of how good you think it is. Then, make something else that's just a little bit better. After a year or so you might have something you're really satisfied with, and you can start revising old work.

Morning

Anytime someone said something in my head I reply with lyrics. Also I dance to music that isn't there

I used to practice scales obsessively but as I told you earlier, I stopped. I am fallible and disliked so that's that really. I'll keep painting as I still have my peculiar personal beliefs and art can still outlive me .

Nothing wrong with scales and painting.
Would you care to talk about said beliefs?
>trips
I sort recent releases that I've heard by date in a separate file.

well i write progressive rock so i guess that's pretty autistic

>beliefs
I had this experience with a poem where I found myself and I'd been trying to do the same thing. It's that I can talk to myself in the future and leap frog over life's current miseries and tell myself things. It is possible. Then the reason for it is that our lives are lived again so it seems important.

the release year, song titles (exact spelling / punctuation and all) need to be correct on my iPhone or else i'll feel really uneasy

if i can't finish an album in one continuous listen i make a mental note where i left off

i can't enjoy music if someone within earshot doesn't like it as well

each line is one album, left to right is the passage of time and height is determined by how many days passed since I listened

Obsessive, borderline constant air drumming/tapping, especially of basic polyrhythms.

Also an obsessive maintenance of last.fm scrobbles

I download literally every single album posted in every single sharethread and have been doing so since I started coming here in the beginning of 2015. I downloaded every shoegaze album after discovering Loveless, every neo-psychedelic album, every indie album, every emo, punk, hip-hop, new age, electronic, house, experimental, field recording and otherwise album and sort them perfectly, I look for new music everyday constantly, looking on the archives and on old music blogs 24/7. I don't socialize. I don't talk to my family. I just come here every day. It has become an addiction that I can't stop. I must download new music from here, educate myself on the history of every band I find and become a music patrician and expert.

Now, I am not autistic btw but I know it might be a bit extreme for some. However it's what I must do so one day when I finally meet friends I can impress them. I did impress this lady at Starbucks who liked Death Grips when I told her the history of the band and their more obscure releases and controversies. I also download every album art in a folder and I have over 65,000 so far. I have around 200,000 songs and two full harddrives of music.

ohhh boyyy

That's good advice, Thanks.

This is basically what I would do if I had enough free time. Do you listen to most of what you download right away or do you have a huge stockpile of stuff you still haven't gotten around to?

I've only heard like 1 third of the songs.

What are your thoughts on Rob Leevereld - Songs of sailors, settlers and swaggies

Are you me

>tfw stopped playing music after 10 years
>tfw I deleted every piece of music I made and threw away any shred of evidence I ever wrote, including lyrics
Hurts to have autism sometimes. I feel anything I make is inherently ingenuine because the lyrics are either too predictable or the music isn't its 'own' enough.

Only way out of this stress was to stop playing and its awful. No I have 3 keyboards, an analog synth, a guitar, a violin, an electric organ, and various other instruments I can't make myself get rid of.

I always had to listen to this youtube.com/watch?v=-oRlpGyI1rg before I heard any other song on my playlist, I did that for years

I unironically enjoy it a lot. I have 20 different versions of it and I like the soul.

When I'm listening to Psycho killer I like to pretend I'm David Byrne up on stage

I need all music to have an album cover. No matter what.

I have to have every album by every artist in my library except for EPs and Singles unless I really like said artist I've only made 2 exceptions to this rule.
>Bob Dylan
I only have 20 of his albums
>cLOUDDEAD
I cut and combined all the tracks from their s/t so they'd have 10 releases, most of which being singles

i did a seen live list with every band/artist i've seen but stopped a couple of years ago, might still have it saved somewhere on this pc

but in general i'm the opposite, my music is sorted... chronologically

When I find a band I like I get their entire discography. After deleting every song I don't like, I put the rest in alphabetical order and place them in an album named after whatever the band is.

>"progressive" rock
gtfo with your sjw bullshit

That's a pretty normal thing to do.

me too for both of them brother

might as well just use rateyourmusic
even if you're rating them all 2.5/5 it would be a complete list of things you've listened to

I organize every folder I have as
Artist - Year - Album {Record Label - Catalog#} (Reissue/Remaster if applicable) [audio filetype]

I care about scrobbles.

I have an excel sheet I've been using for like 7-8 years where I keep track of albums I've listened too and give the individual tracks a color rating (red, orange or green) based on how much I like it.

It has around 8-900 artists and maybe twice the amount of albums on it now.