Making the roads safer thread

Making the roads safer thread

Post your stores about driving the speed limit in the left lane or the "passing" lane, and the feeling of justification you have when you realize you are literally saving the lives of people behind you.

And really, those speeders should thank those of us that enforce the speed limit for them, as our morals allow us to keep them from breaking the law and becoming a criminal. They are literally as bad as rapists. So greentext your stories here

tl;dr those of us that use the left lane for its intended purpose of driving the maximum allowable speed limit, talk about the lives we've saved

ps fuck off speeding retrobates

Other urls found in this thread:

bellinghamherald.com/news/traffic/rules-of-the-road/article132965204.html
jimcorleylaw.wordpress.com/2012/08/03/slam-brakes-on-tailgating-criminal-charge-prevent-accident-injury-recovery/
autoblog.com/2016/03/15/brake-checking-car-crash-viral-video-investigation/
wyff4.com/article/brake-checking-in-sc-could-be-costly-mistake/7020765
youtube.com/watch?v=gCDldEzwS8Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>be AUS
>drive on left side of the road
>left lane is the slow lane

This img makes perfect sense

OP is a faggot.

>as bad as a rapist
lol

hes right you know?

>was coming home from college a few months back and i pretty much maintain like 64-66 in the fastest lane because thats the fastest you're allowed to go, and there was this guy in a mustang behind me, I actually sped up to keep him from passing me until I could get up beside an 18 wheeler and keep him from dying. I had to drive a little slower than I wanted to at that point but it was worth it, he was clearly trying to break the law. Didn't feel bad at all about it.

lol I actually like to use my sprayer when faggots get up behind me and tailgate, its pretty funny they are usually confused by that.

Do you guys break check too?

>be me
>driving speed limit on left side of road
>guy speeding tries to pass but there's another car directly to my right creating a wall
>guy behind me visibly upset
>i turn around and wave then give him a thumbs up
>guy behind me starts riding the back end of my car
>I go off at the next exit
>guy still behind me
>pull up to a gas station
>guy stops right next to me and gets out when i step out of my car
>guy starts getting in my face and starts yelling
>"fuck you fucking assfuck what the fuck is your problem op and his mother will die in their sleep tonight unless he deletes this thread"
>I tell him i was just trying to save his life and prevent him from raping people
>"oh sorry, my mistake sir thank you very much"
>he gets back in his car and drives away

>Do you guys break check too?
That's illegal, faggot.

kek

i mean it may be illegal in spirit, but it is literally impossible to prove. and really, when you're helping the roadways be safer I think it is OK to take a few liberties where allowed

thats the stupidiest thing ive ever read how the fuck can it be illegal you retard

>break
Its brake retard

Not only are you making the roads less safe, but you're also breaking the law. Nice job handing tailgaters the moral high ground, faggot.

Only when I need new bumper and the car behind me looks like someone Rich owns it

theres nothing illegal about brake checking. theres no way to differentiate between me tapping my breaks because i saw something happen in front of me, or even by accident, vs. doing it intentionally to warn a speeder.

It's like trying to pretend that "thinking about" something illegal, is itself illegal. Completely stupid

>Do you guys break check too?
I do.

I'll drive in the passing lane and will be passing cars and some asshole will tailgate me. Yeah I know...

>hurr durr if he hits you it's his fault

I don't need the aggravation and possible danger of being rear-ended on a highway. I'll brake check and if he doesn't back off, I'll slow to the traffic beside me.

But when I'm finished passing I always move to the travel lanes.

It may not be very enforceable, but that doesn't mean it's not illegal, retard.

if youre following so close to the person in front of you that you hit them if they brake check you, then you are the one at fault.

I really hope this is just some bad bait but just incase it's not.
I hope u live in Conneticut and and try that shit when i am in a bad mood. So i can run u off the road and smash your face in with my hammer.

See this is the kind of person that is a moral basket-case, a speeder. Prevent them from breaking the law and they have no recourse but to resort to murder. I hope all you speeders realize what basket you're placing your eggs in when you associate with these people

chill the fuck out psycho. you have some serious anger issues you need to work on if you get that upset from someone not driving fast

Just don't drive like a psychopath.

Asshole.

this totally fucking this. if you can't stop in time to not hit the car in front of you slamming on their brakes and coming to a dead stop, you're following too close and it's your fault if you hit them

bellinghamherald.com/news/traffic/rules-of-the-road/article132965204.html
jimcorleylaw.wordpress.com/2012/08/03/slam-brakes-on-tailgating-criminal-charge-prevent-accident-injury-recovery/
autoblog.com/2016/03/15/brake-checking-car-crash-viral-video-investigation/
wyff4.com/article/brake-checking-in-sc-could-be-costly-mistake/7020765

As far as the law is concerned, if he can prove that you were brake checking him, you're both at fault to varying degrees.

>But when I'm finished passing I always move to the travel lanes.

Well, I feel like there needs to be a movement of people with the bravery to stand up and help the police officers do a better job of enforcing the speed limit, so maybe you're just a little bit away from the next level, kind of a modern militia keeping death from the highways of our country. Automobile accidents are the number one cause of death in this country for people from 1-44, its worse than terrorism by far.

What's next OP?

How about buying all the drugs and using them to keep people from abusing them?

Doing God's work OP.

>Conneticut
faggot

how do you prove that other than the guy confessing?

hahahhahaa good job op, some replies on the thread make me want to shoot myself in the foot

Camera footage.

I stick to 5 over (non-interstate). I give no fucks if it saves lives or pisses people off. I don't want a ticket, nothing more or less.

>Conneticut
cant spell someone should bash your head in with a hammer

wtf this isn't comparable. its EXACTLY the same as shooting someone that is raping a girl, or putting out an arsonists fire - human citizens intervening to prevent crimes, that is the bedrock of a civilization

honestly this. I think most people in here are trolls but if y'all are being serious you are just as dangerous as tailgaters. if you aren't gonna go at least 5 over the speed limit when in the passing lane then fucking stay out of it. that's what it's meant for to fucking pass people going the speed limit. and Jesus Christ don't brake check people that's even worse than tailgating someone. just get back in the right lane and let those speeding fucks past you. you know that they are tailgating you and are assholes, why do something stupid like brake check them, it's completely retarded and dangerous.

I like to slam on my breaks if anyone is riding me. The law states they must pay if anything happens. Hopefully it teaches them not to be dicks.

you really shouldn't speed Sup Forumsro. once you cross the moral line of deciding for yourself what laws you are allowed to break, what is next? What other law can you arbitrarily decide to break?

>its EXACTLY the same as shooting someone that is raping a girl
So it's equivalent to murder, then? Because shooting someone who isn't trying to kill you or someone else does not count as self-defense and you're almost certainly going to prison for that shit.

you are fucking delusional if not a troll.

No it doesn't, see

Like I said, I don't. 5 over is basically common courtesy and the "real" speed limit.

that is ridiculous. i defy you to find a single police officer in the U.S. that will say on video that the left lane is for going OVER the speed limit. Just because police officers can't possibly arrest all of the people breaking the law doesn't change that you're breaking the law douche

I love how OP tried to be passive aggressive about this and make essentially what is an ironica thread, but he didn't count on the entire board being literally so fucking stupid at this point and people here can't even recognize sarcasm anymore.

It's like trying to talk with a bunch of apes.
But even if they understood OP's intentions, that would just mean everyone would hate OP as he's a passive aggressive whiny little bitch.

So all in all, a complete shit thread.

wow srsly?

I do it in low mph zones (40 or less). I live in Fl. so I can claim an animal crossed the road easily.

Land of the free haha you can't even murder people and claim it was self defense.

Not agreeing with the other user, but it depends on the state. Quite a few allow you to kill someone who is doing something like raping.

did you just assume my gender?

Being able to get away with crime doesn't mean you're not breaking the law, user.

you lot can thx me later
>i Fuck Tonight.com

>some
100%

anyways you cunts do realize that being shot doesn't automatically mean you die right

I know. But because the law won't be enforced on the person behind me I consider it an acceptable action.

Luckily only one person has done that to me in 3 years of driving here.

If you Americans had any driving discipline you would know the left-most lane is for passing only, then once the pass is complete, you get back over to the right. Every time I drive in your country I am astonished on how low-skilled most of you are.

I was talking about the legal repercussions if they did die. Many states, like CO do not allow it unless it is in your house or car. Some states, known as "right to flee" sates such as Hawaii, do not allow it in any context.

If your talking about two lane road you shouldn't be driving on the left lane at all unless your passing someone. You can actually get a ticket for it.

no police officer is going to waste their time on someone going 5 over the limit you fucking idiot. get a grip

It's probably better for the shooter if they DO die. With one less person to give testimony, you're more likely to get away with claiming that they were actually trying to kill the woman or something.

Due to extreme traffic and lack of funds to expand the roads the "passing lane" is not used solely for passing. A law to make this so was passed in a state I lived in (Colorado) but it was quickly reversed.

That being said large trucks on the interstate are often not allowed to use the "fast lane".

>tfw this asshole does it to someone with a dashcam

a camera will show that he's braking, a camera isn't going to know if the driver thought he saw something on the road and slowed down because of it. even if the camera shows literally nothing that could be seen as something in the road people still have imperfect vision and can claim they thought they saw something

that doesn't change the fact that it's still illegal you fucking retard

Video evidence vs. your word. Which one do you think the judge is going to believe?

>you would know the left-most lane is for passing only, then once the pass is complete, you get back over to the right

You are 100% correct! As long as I am traveling below the speed limit, I do get out of the way. However, as I drive the speed limit, I am doing absolutely nothing wrong by driving that speed in the left most lane, as you cannot legally pass me at that point, regardless which lane I am in. Therefore, I am morally 100% irreproachable
See above, there is 0% instances in the history of the united states of a ticket being given to a driver doing the speed limit in the left lane. Why? they are doing absolutely nothing wrong and only the speeder is breaking the law.

(all of this is, of course, irrelevant if a police officer or ambulance is behind you, as they have been granted special allowance to disregard that law to resolve emergencies)

I actually see debris and stuff out of the corner of my eye a lot. At least twice a month I break (not slam on them) for what turns out to be nothing.

ITT
People who actually think the speed limit has anything to do with keeping you safe.

We don't care about you, fucktards! Go kill yourself, no one cares.

People who think the speed limit is about the speed they can safely drive are retarded.

The speed limit is about keeping US safe by creating CONSISTENCY and PREDICTABILITY in Traffic flow. Nothing more.

If we all agree to drive the same speed, then how can we hit each other?

Every person who is driving even 2 miles per hour above or below the speed limit should be ticketed, and removed from the road.

If you don't have the impulse control to drive the speed limit, you don't belong behind the wheel.

Bad drivers ARE worse than terrorists. They do infinitely more damage. In fact they kill more than WARS and Terrorists combined, and are a lot easier to catch.

Why do we tolerate this?

His point is that the video does not contain evidence. It only shows they put on their breaks, a fact not disputed.

video evidence of WHAT you ignorant mouth breather? A driver breaking? How stupid are you??

It's just as unsensical as OP's original idea.

he's going to see that you can't prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the guy did it with the intention of getting back at the guy riding him unless that video evidence shows the guy in front turning around and yelling/gesturing something negative at the guy riding him, so he'll throw the case in the trash because there are better things to do

bastards wanna be the elite babysitter
hope an 18 wheeler dirt hauler pilesintaya

Your kidding right? haha people have been ticketed for going under the speed limit.

>a camera will show that he's braking,
youtube.com/watch?v=gCDldEzwS8Y

where did I say "going under the speed limit"? did I say it anywhere in this thread, once? Although I would be similarly shocked to see anyone getting a ticket for going up to 10 miles under, but *I* do the speed limit at all times, and that is EXACTLY what I said from the get go

nice dubs

get angry bro. you'll be in jail in no time.

>be me/op
>driving speed limit 65 in left lane. asshole proceeds to tailgate me
>I brake check them to scare am off
>tailgater slams into the back of me
>three more cars slam into the back of tailgater
>I come out fine
>drivers of two cars in the middle of tailgater completely smashed and dead on impact, including family of 5
>look back at carnage, smile at what I've done
>moral responsibility accomplished, saving lives and punishing tailgating rapists

I'm thinking that maybe didn't really happen.

That actually sounds awesome.

But than again idiots getting what they deserve is awesome, and I think most people like the Darwin awards.

You never did, I was just making another example of somthing that happens but never gets recorded.

cool video bro. If a video shows the guy in front getting out of his car and telling the person he brake checked him then yes that's enough evidence. Something like this is not going to happen in most cases

did you even watch the video?
>police officer says he broke because he thought the other driver was going to hit him
thats clearly a legitimate reason to brake - if you are going to be in an accident your natural response is to press the brakes. That isn't the same as brake checking. I'm sure this officer's job is intact and he's out saving lives again.

do you even pay attention when you drive on a freeway or are you just a child that has mommy and daddy drive them everywhere. tailgating is bound to happen especially on busy days during busy hours when people come to a stoplight. once people get going again they are really on each others asses. I mean fuck car pile ups happen for a reason, sometimes it's an idiot brake checking someone, or sometimes it's an idiot speeding or drunk or just not paying attention. either way a brake checker is even more dangerous because they know what the fuck they are doing is completely fucking dangerous

I can't be mad at you. You're a total dick but I appreciate what you do, at least I don't have to do it myself

and sometimes it's someone going too fast and not paying attention for a second and slams into someone going over the speed limit but just slower than the guy who crashes

>a brake checker is even more dangerous

Is there a statistic you can refer to that shows that brake checking leads to more fatalities than speeding? Anyways, i'm OP i didn't say I brake check, although I do think that those of us trying to save lives are justified to have some tools in our arsenal to save lives. I suppose in a way the half-braindead tailgaters are kind of like dogs, they need to be trained how to drive and the DoT just doesn't have enough resources to do it

Then get in the fucking slow lane and let us speeders make money for the court system. Faggot.

>hanging out in the left lane, going the speed limit
>right lane eventually picks up traffic as idiots try to pass
>simultaneously, a police car, ambulance, and fire truck pull up behind you code 3
>stuck in the left lane
>blocking emergency vehicles
>can't pull left due to it being illegal
>Pt. dies, gas station explodes due to the fire, hostage is killed
>still have the moral superiority of driving the speed limit in the left lane
"I saved a life today."

Good logic, dumbshit.

Why do Americans have such a high incidence of RTA's when they have such low speed limits and such wide lanes?

I may. But if the slow lane is slower I obviously wouldn't. I also don't if I have a left hand turn coming up.

two negatives don't make a positive. if you know someone is behind you doing something stupid, then why would you do something as equally stupid like stopping in the middle of a fucking freeway

If it was just a money issue I'd be OK with it, but you're literally a murderer.

I dunno why you're talking about stopping, no one here has talked about that. What does stopping have to do with it

Not unless he has literally killed someone, in which case he probably wouldn't be posting here.

>two negatives don't make a positive.
100% false. I never understood this fallacy. When I was very young, as in less than 5 it made sense. But how can any adult really believe this? Have you never heard of the "lesser of two evils"?

Killing people is bad. So do you think we should not kill murders? If someone is shooting people and you have a gun you really think it's wrong not to use it?

The punishments for vehicular manslaughter can actually be astoundingly mild.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but i don't see anyone here claiming that self-defense is wrong. Brake checking is in no way or form comparable to self-defense in that regard.

normal sentencing for involuntary manslaughter is usually less than 5 years. with good behavior and early release probably like 18 months

You have no idea what.you're talking about. In a lot of states you're allowed to go 10 miles over the speed limit to pass people. It's assholes like you that make me miss my exit. I'm not going to brake down to the minimum or less so I can get over, you prick. You're doing more harm than someone who speeds. Take the bus, faggot.

The only thing worse than you faggots going slow in the fast lane is the faggots who want to merge onto the highway going 35-45mph. Those are the real cunts.

I brake check people daily. I don't appreciate cock suckers who travel inches away from my bumper on the highway.

I love seeing people get so pissed when in reality it's their fault for being impatient faglords.

Still have never had anyone follow me though. Feelsbadman

I was talking more about the statement "two wrongs don't make a right" than anything else. "Wrong" and "right" are insanely subjective, however any act that is largely considered "wrong" can often be considered "right" when used to counter a "wrong", hence my example.

Which is why the phrase "two wrongs don't make a right" is retarded. Because that is an extremely common way a "wrong" makes and becomes a "right".

Speeding is an administrative penalty (Speeding Ticket) and is not illegal.

Excessively speeding is illegal and will get your car impounded/crushed.