Recording drums

Have never tried to record my bands music so im fairly inexperienced in this process and only have a cheap mic and an interface that can hook up to my computer. Any tips for recording drums eg mic placement and what settings to put onto the mic?

Don't expose yourself if you're a grower or else everyone will think you have a small dick.

When will they ever learn?

if you only have one mic, just put it head height right in front of the kit.

only photo i had

In case it comes out a little fuzzy is there anything i should do, from previous experience compression seems to help and adding a little reverb but again im pretty shit at recording anything other than guitar

Overhead about 2 feet above the drummer works better, IMO.

Recording drums with 1 mic is senseless though. At the bare minimum, invest in half a dozen SM57's. Mic the kick, snare, toms and 1 overhead. You can use them for cabs too. If you're too poor for 6 used SM57's, you aren't ready to start recording.

fair point its more a demo tape
we are a little punk band brisbane based
and mostly have live gigs but we want just a little
tape we can show venues/bands who want supporting acts

on the interface turn the gain down to where it won't clip
6 mics is so overkill for an amateur recording

>tfw gg allin was a shower

It's gonna sound like shit. Do two takes, then smother them both in effects. This way it seems intentionally shit.

Here. I just read
Disregard my last post I am a faggot

Disregard this post too.

>Pic not related to thread
>Posts GG Allin
>Gets dubs nonetheless

read the replies dude jesus christ

What if you have no interface?

>Criticizes user
>Comment not Germaine to thread regarding either GG Allin or recording drums
>Gets dubs in spite of massive faggotry

im sorry i simply dont fucking care about your bullshit elitism

it was an image i had on my desktop and i honestly could not give a fuck about finding another one and it isnt completely unrelated my sound is heavily influenced by gg musically (defiantly not physically) if you cant help me fuck off because nit picking my lazy thread isnt going to accomplish anything

>implying being a grower exists

It's like the friend zone, just a made up concept to help virgins and dicklets cope with their inferiority

>under 3 inches flaccid
>over 6 inches erect
Hmmmm.....

>only "over 6 inches"
>not a dicklet

You're not doing a good job at refuting my point

>tfw both a shower and significant grower

That's called not being a dicklet

Everybody who says they're a grower not a shower is actually a 5.5 inch dicklet. They will tell you they are 6+ (which is still small btw) but they measure from the side and push the shit in

No such thing as a grower not a shower. Just dicklets and normal people

Don't listen to this guy. You don't need expensive mics. Just use whatever you have/can get. Guarantee you this fucker has never recorded anything

go back to Sup Forums or /r9k/ with your stale memes.

>he puts mics on every drum
How's your metalcore album coming along?

not true some people grow an inch getting hard some get 3-4. just depends. also what makes you the authority on dicks, you must have seen a ton of them. rather be a grower than slut

Don't listen to this guy. He probably things a garbage drum sound is "lo fi" and just tags it as such on soundcloud