Have a friend that is always going on about how her depression is sooooo bad

>have a friend that is always going on about how her depression is sooooo bad
>yet she finds time to post funny things on Facebook and you can see her on snap chat doing fun things
>havent herd from her in a month or so
>hits me up finally earlier today
>" yea so sorry I havens have my phone i tried to kill myself Tuesday with an almost successful overdose "

And it makes me think Sup Forums, people who really want to die just fucking do it..right?

Someone who takes a handful of pills is more likely doing it for the attention right?

Why would she brag about it ?

Usually when people kill themselves you find a dead body with note while their brains are all over the wall or they are hanging from the ceiling right?

I dont know what to think.

fuck her

Is she only doing it to you?

It could be depression with an associated disorder borderline personality, or narcissistic personality disorder.

A person with depression can have moods, they're not sad all the time, they just feel crap when everything is said and done.

Only doing what to me?

Depressed people are now not allowed to do anything except kill themselves, OP the underage retard has proclaimed it

Speaking as a person with severe depression, shut the fuck up.

oh nvm.

No, shes the gf of my closest friend, me and my gf are close to them, we are like a tight nit circle.

What the fuck are you talking about?

?

Why the hostility, im generally worried.

What hormonal imbalance cause such a state of mind?

Depression doesn't mean you're always doom and gloom.

Most people with depression have a facade, so no one ever even know. You can't judge whether someone has depression just because they use humor to try and combat that feeling.

That being said, I doubt the girl had depression. But who knows.

Most likely has mood swings (women, right), possibly bipolar, probably stupid. In case it is for attention, basically pretend you never heard her say that.

wait I'm not meant to feel crap after I do something fun?

>friend
>her
Pick one faggot

see

Why would you feel like crap after doing something fun?

Manic depressive (bipolar) disorder could explain the appearance of having fun, but not as likely as

1. She is masking it extremely well and is opening up to you about it with surprising honestly.

or....

2. She's using being "depressed" (white girl for "sad" for more than 2 hours) for attention and an excuse to ignore you

What I meant was, is she only talking about suicide and shit to only you or does she also do it to your friends and such?

Yeah I agree, my little brother committed suicide. When someone actually decides to do it, they just do it. They don't go around trying to get attention.

>The thing I don’t understand about the suicide person is the people who try and commit suicide for some reason they don’t die and that’s it. They stop trying. Why? Why don’t they just keep trying? What has changed? Is their life any better now? No. In fact it’s worse because now they’ve found out one more thing you stink at. Okay, that’s why these people don’t succeed in life to begin with. Because they give up too easy. I saw, pills don’t work, try a rope. Car won’t start in the garage, get a tune up. You know what I mean? There’s nothing more rewarding than reaching a goal you have set for yourself.

Why do people who have depression want to kill themselves? I dont want to kill myself and i fucking hate life. I mean, kill me, eh. But im not gonna kill myself that shits gay.

Oh.

No, my best friend who has dated her has had to give their relationship a break because of her stuff.

females in general almost always do it only for attention.

>There’s no tall buildings where these people live? They can’t wrap their lips around a revolver like a normal person?

To be fair self-preservation instinct can be hard to overcome.

Being depressed doesn't mean you want to kill yourself. Suicidal thoughts and actions come from many things. Depression can bring on suicidal thoughts, but that's not always the case.

For it to be bipolar disorder, the manic episodes need to last at least a week or two. "Rapid cycling" bipolar disorder isn't considered a real thing by most clinical professionals

Speaking as a person, fucking kill yourself

definitely for the attention. way to many movies if you ask me. there were so many stupid bitches like this at my high school and they all turned out to be complete fuck ups despite having home lives not hardly as bad as they made out.

You've obviously never had something traumatic happen during a really bad episode, everything gets even bleaker and you don't feel a reason to go on. Almost did it at one point, luckily I have a decent support system and someone talked with me for like 4 hours

I've lost two close people to suicide and yeah, it always comes completely out of left field.

Well then she's only doing it for attention at this point. Whenever this shit happens, just confront her about being a attention whore. And don't worry about her actually offing herself because of the confrontation, odds are she doesn't have the metaphorical balls to do it. The moment she realizes that her bullshit doesn't work, she will probably just keep trying something different or learn the error of her ways.

So why not try something you know is going to work the first time?

A gun isn't hard to get. A tall building isn't hard to find. You probably have a chair and a rope in your house.

My dad is bipolar and he overdosed, didn't succeed at killing himself though

I wouldn't know, never known anyone with it and haven't researched it enough. I'm just trying to think of an explanation for the whole "having fun" thing.

Most likely OP is just getting ignored

because it's over and I realise the fun was merely a distraction from a meaningless life which will lead to nothing.

Some people have a thing called autism, also known as Depression, Anxiety, ADD and ADHD

Most people who actually do commit suicide obviously have the balls to do it.

Some emo git from 2005 who listens to Evanescence and gets his dick sucked by some hot scene jailbait and cries about his life is just an attention whoring faggot

A middle aged, well-past-his-prime guy who got laid off from work, and divorced, is probably going to be the one to actually an hero.

Is her name Jess?

We're talking about the girl, not OP

I chuckled

As someone who has been institutionalized twice, there is a certain point where wanting to die becomes enough to control you, but it doesn't happen often. That's why most people don't

its not over, you get to have that memory and if you liked it you can go and do it over and over again.

You sound like a sad teenager.

no sorry.

Op here,

To clarify, she was found and saved and the commited for awhile.

But shes been through this a few times before.

Ha. Sounds like my gf actually. In the past she got a lot better i helped her cut the shit.

Nah bro but seriously i have a psych education let me run it by you.

Its a combination of actual illness and silliness.

>people who wanna die just do it right?
No. Suicidal thoughts are mostly involuntary and can be a sign of biochemical problems. A malfunctioning thyroid for example can cause suicidal thoughts. Same with chronic sleep deprivation, malnourishment, high stress from actual life events...

I could go on but point of the above is a lot can cause suicidal thoughts other than actually wanting to die.

Then theres actual clinical depression which is low brain activity decreased dopamine and seratonin or nonepinephrine and the like.

>silliness

But its become a fuckin meme. Anf everyone is self diagnosing now. The above are real medical issues and a lot of people these days have gone nutso with it. Its a great attention grabber, a great way to appear unique or special, and (in there head) great way to make you feel sorry for them. Especially tempting if shes madly insecure, because you cant think bad things about someone suicidal. That would make you a dick. Right?

Anways its actually impossible to tell. Your friend could be column a column b. She actually struggles with mental issues, may actually have suicidal thoughts, but also is insecure af and uses it to get attention.

The biggest problem is when you see someone post publicly theyre suicidal, what happens? Floods of "aww youre beautiful and wonderful and such an amazing person. Dont die ill miss and love you." psych fact again... Thats a reward. It triggers a positive brain response. Positive brain responses cause repeat behaviour. Like a dog doing a trick. Its surprisingly involuntary as well, actually.

Sorry if that was rambly or slightly incoherent. Phones about to die and i dont feel like running upstairs just yet so i really Threw that shit out.

Depressed people don't usually realize or admit it. I would guess it's chemical shift in your brain away from the enjoyable activity, you feel low like you're coming off something, you know you're not supposed to feel that way but you do, which only makes things worse.

I didn't know i had MDD or PDD until my therapist told me when i was 26. Looking back on my life, it's pretty fucking obvious. I cut my wrists and almost bleed to death for Christ sake.

I dunno if I am depressed and honestly I don't want to know. i feel like if I am then it'll become some shit excuse not to do things and If I'm not then that means there's something wrong with me as a person.

Either option is bad :/

you lot can thx me later
>Snap Teens .net

Acting suicidal when you talk to her

Lol

Had a friend like this. Was all for attention.

Sucks.

Become a nihilist. Stop giving a fuck. And just enjoy living in the moment

I was never officially diagnosed but I had every symptom and was in low enough place that it was pretty obvious. Not professional advice, but before you assume anything heavily analyze your life and try to determine if your situation is what's causing your symptoms, once I cleaned house of people who didn't care about me and stopped doing a lot of old behaviors I was much happier in general.

People are stupid, and or blinded by their condition and think its easier than it is.

How the fuck is nihilism supposed to make people happy never made sense to me
Enlighten me pls

Are her initials JF?

Yes, she's being an attention whore but it doesn't necessarily mean she's not in the throes of suicidal ideation.

Never respond to people who act like this. You need to get rid of them as soon as possible as they are toxic and will drain the life from you.

They usually have borderline personality disorder or some other atrocious mental condition only assholes seem to get to justify their disgusting behavior.

Lost my closest friends cause I opened up to them about my problems. They didn't stop talking to me but they wish they didn't have to and we're not close anymore.

Pills tend to be a preferred way to suicide because no mess, no tying noose, etc. so OD is a totally legit way to kill yourself.

But, she's definitely attention whoring for sympathy. Doesn't mean she's necessarily faking it all, but it's probably more blown up than it actually us

checked

also attention

>always going on about how her depression is sooooo bad
Doing it for attention, like everything else women do.

There's having depression and there's being a fucking emotional vampire.

I suffer from depression. I don't use it as my carte blanche to behave like a fucking douche bag to people and stir up drama because I'm so dark and edgy.

There's a line and if you don't know where it is, then that should tell you something... and no one is under any obligation to put up with insanity. To think otherwise is textbook narcissism...

smartest thing iv read so far apart from the other guy who studied psychology

Is there anything that does put you in a good mood? ?

Im curious to know if you have little moments of joy and hope.

I'm depressed and this was funny

I know that I didn't stir up drama or anything
Literally told them what I was going through and what asked what they think I should do to better myself
After that they started looking at me like I had just escaped from an asylum as if I was a lower human being if you get what I mean

that's just uncanny

>Depressed people don't usually realize or admit it.
It took a specialized clinic & doctors in another state for me to admit it.

Thanks. I speak plainly because sugar-coatings never helped me.

Yes, my family and my hobbies. I don't look to other people for my happiness. I had to make peace with things not being perfect because that's stupid pressure and it's counter-productive to anyone with depression or anxiety.

Well, I don't know you or your situation so I have to give you the benefit of the doubt. I think real friends would be there for one another but, unfortunately, in my experience that's not always true. In fact, people will let you down. That's a big reason I limit my circle.

Of course, you should probably try to be perfectly honest with yourself and ask yourself if you had any part to play in the distance. Did you act like a fucking mope? You know that expression "Misery Loves Company?" That's 100% true and it's almost human nature, I'd say... but that doesn't mean it's good behavior. Challenge yourself to be a good friend and not inflict your daily ups and downs on them. It's exhausting.

Of course you should be able to unburden but it doesn't mean you have to act like beaten animals and shit while people are trying to have a laugh.

you seem like you know more about this than i do. i honestly feel like i have depression. what should i do?

You're focusing too much on the depression part and too little on her "attempted" suicide.

fuck you >:v

Just ignore this bitch, doesn't matter if she wants to kill herself or is doing it for attention. Bitch is wasting your time

Brain damage makes them less suicidal?

Anyone crying about their depression, suicide "attempts" all the time are attention seeking cunts nothing more.

Its the people who you never had an inkling that they were depressed that go and kill themselves properly.

Haha, talk to me about trauma. You dont know what an episode for me involves.

Women have a tendency to try soft, faggy methods that don't always work, rather than manly shit like eating a bullet or jumping off a bridge. It's the same depression driving the attempt.

Attention seeking cunt. If she was for real, one day she'd just disappear, until washing up in the river a week later.

Honestly, I think it's also location dependent. In Canada, its fucking hard to get our hands on guns, and we don't have too many huge bridges.
Best way here is jumping off a bridge into a river, shortly after it's begun to freeze over.

>Haha, talk to me about trauma
Okay. In the middle of one really bad, week long stint:

1. Long term girlfriend broke up with me
2. Got in my first car accident ever on a freeway and nearly died, ended up totaling the car
3. Friend I knew for years died of an overdose after fighting addiction for 2 years

I think I win.

That last part is a good point. Robert Bly calls it, Katabasis, "the way down". Some people go through with it, some just have a wake up call.