Hey Sup Forums, just need your honest opinion and input on this tattoo rough sketch I'm getting, its my first one...

Hey Sup Forums, just need your honest opinion and input on this tattoo rough sketch I'm getting, its my first one. Its going to be a lot more detailed but this is the general idea.

I would like to get some honest feedback on whether or not this is awful or decent, and what you believe I should add onto this as I am very new to tattoos.

One of the reasons I am getting this is it relates to my job as an RN.

Holy fuck thats cool.as hell

Looks pretty God damn sweet! Is that soul Calibur?

careful with the level of detail you're going for, don't want something impossible to tattoo or that will blur to a mess in a few years

Nah its the staff of caduceus, got it because its the army's nurse corp symbol
I got the artist to add his geometric flavor and this is what I got

Damn I didnt think about that, you think retouching it every once in a while will solve that?

maybe, I'd suggest consulting some !good! artists before you invest too much time into it

If it's your first, draw it up and put it in your wallet. If you don't get sick of looking at it every time you have to spend money for a year, get it done. Also, get is somewhere you can hide it. Forearm tattoos are seen by potential employers. Don't be a dipshit.

Looks like some Scientology bullshit.

Supposedly, the Rod of Asclepius only has one snake.

fullmetal alchemist?

Yeah this is the staff of cadeceus, which represents the nursing corp of the army
I think if I look at anything enough times I'll get sick of looking at it haha. I'm in psych nursing where body art is very much accepted, so employment isnt an issue (I can always wear long sleeves if it is). I appreciate the input!

kind of looks like a league of legends ward skin with a jew star behind it tbh

I'd put it on your shoulder/bicep area. Like a quarter sleeve look. You could make it big enough there where it wouldn't turn into a black mess in 4 months. Also, I'm assuming you're in the medical field, and something that goes under scrubs would be nice. As someone with visible tattoos, finding a job can be more difficult because some people equate ink with laziness and being poor. Also, something geometric like that will get fucked up by most tattoo artists just because of the way that part of your arm is structured. The triangles will look weird. You'd either want it further down your forearm or up on your bicep. Geometric tattoos on bends are weird looking. Think that's pretty good if you drew that up yourself though. 7.85/10 for execution, 2/10 for placement. Do you have an artist in mind for the piece?

good health power genetics all knowing pretty fucking cool i say go for it just have a real good tattoo artist do it

so should I take out the triangles?
:(
No but I'll take that as a compliment haha

It's just the caduceus buddy, not the staff of caduceus. Greek for staff of the herald. It was Hermes rod in some mythology.
Just if you're interested.

no that means power

Looks pretty fucking good to me. Triangles and eye make it look a little conspiracy theorist like, but otherwise sweet deal.

Keep in mind how much those line will stretch, I suggest drawing it on if you can. Also as stated level of detail must be 'meh' to keep it looking nice, unless you really wanna pay out the ass for it. And lastly I suggest finding an artist who can do black and white very well or those wings will turn out like garbage.... Otherwise looks interesting.

no no i really like it, if i wasn't a fag that played league i wouldn't have realized it

oo good point, if I take that out it might be a little too bland, but I'll let the artist know,

ok maybe both triangles that points down

It looks dope af, I love the geometry.

But make sure that it will actually look good when wrapped around the skin. Ppl often overlook that and end up with stupid ass stretched-looking tattoos.

Reminds me of the doctor logo.

this. The design is pretty sick, but beware of the ink blending together. My dad had a few small intricate tattoos that just turned into a blob a few years later. He just got them covered up recently.
When I got my tattoos, I had the design drawn up a few weeks beforehand by my artist, then got it done. Then with my second one, I got the design two days before my appointment. Same artist, so the style is the same. I love the tattoos, even though they're fading a tad (white and other light colors fade very quickly) I'll probably get them touched up and added onto sooner or later. Too lazy to take pics, but my right arm is a koi and the left is a dragon.

thats because it is if you google it youll see where they get it from

HUUUUUUUURRRRRRRR

Yeah thats what I'm going for.
Thanks, I'll make sure to assess the stencil on my arm first and then make changes
What portions of the tattoo do you think have too much detail? Thanks for the input!

Are you a doctor? If not, don't get a fucking thadicus.

stupid nigger thats not just a doctor symbol has more meaning

Honestly the wings and the dark snake are gonna be your trouble spots. Really look into how tattooing is done and think about how you pant to play with those areas to make it easy for the artist to do, and how you want it to be done( / turn out).

I wouldnt do the geometric designs behind it, it will blur over time and need a lot of retouching. It looks cool though and i would suggest the lower arm.

Scientology is fine, just get one of these on your other arm.

I'm a nurse
my forearm is the flattest part of my arm :( but I may take out the triangles, thanks a lot!
Thats unfortunate that your father had to have it covered up, I guess retouching wont fix everything. What portions do you think have too much details? Thanks for the input!

Thanks for the input, I might take out the geometric lines outside of it. Do you think making the geometric lines thicker would help prevent blurring?

That staff is the anchor of your kind. Maybe stylize it more to make it distinct from every other caduceus staff

Your forearm isn't. Trust me. Unless you're one of the half a dozen people with a full arm, but is missing a bicep muscle then your bicep is objectively better for geometric stuff. Personally, I get geometric shit on my chest/back. Not trying to be a dick, I just don't want you to get an awkward looking tattoo. It's just too big and too complicated for that area. Geometric shapes are the hardest things to tattoo. Circles and straight lines are a bitch. Anything going near the elbow crease will get warped. And any straight line going around the curve of your forearm will look weird and gross. I think it looks good, just not in that spot. I might just be a pretentious cunt though, so take what I say with a grain of vagina sand.

I'm agreeing with this guy. Again I suggest sketching it on your body to understand what he's saying better.

As another RN here...why do you want to advertise your job? And please , if you must get a staff, can you at least get the right one? staff of Aesculapius is the healers staff. We need to take that shit back.

No no I really appreciate your experienced input, I might take out the geometric lines due to your statement. Are you suggesting inner bicep? I've seen this tattoo on upper arms but something about their placement seems off to me for some reason
So change the staff itself into something else or add detail?

triangle and circle makes it look like arcane magic stuff, especially with the eye.
it looks cool, is that what you're going for?

the wings need work
you into trash polka? it looks like you were going for that style at first

Its more specific to the army nurse corp, and its more about pride in my work than advertising it

Also...don't get it below the sleeve. Elevate the profession and keep yourself looking professional.

yeah, but the cover ups turned out super well, he went to the same artist I went to (facebook/inkbyjerrypaz) if you want to check out some of his work. And in my opinion, the eye is a little too detailed to stay looking like that for long, with the lines in the iris and all. The eye on my koi tattoo doesn't have lines, but it's got red, black, orange and white, but the orange and white have pretty much faded. I'll dig up a pic.

And in my opinion, that tattoo would look very in place on the calf. It will be bigger, and you can keep a little more of the detail clearer.

More for geometric style, I do plant on having a sleeve there surrounding it.

The wings will have more detail, its a rough draft at the moment.

You have a good eye, I do know that the artist that made this is specialized in trash polka, but I dont know how to integrate it

Yea I know, but just because the army accidentally picked the wrong staff in the 1902 doesn't mean we need to turn a blind eye to it

Danke friendo. I've spent a lot of time in tattoo shops and watching them do shit. I'm not an artist or anything, just someone with knowledge of how it works and practical experience getting things done.

Eh, I like the lines. Even without that part, the straightness of the staff portion will look warped on your forearm. It has to do with how your forearm articulates. It twists and stuff. The skin warps and all that jazz. Outer bicep would work best for arm in my opinion. It'd look stable and you'd have more room for detail. I'd say either in the place of your pic or offset from the center of your chest. Outer thigh would be a good spot too. Offset from a shoulder blade would work, but hard to see on yourself. I gotta give you props for orientating it correctly though. Like I said, nice idea, just a bleh place for it.

Below the sleeve as in forearm? I could always wear long sleeves if I want to look professional
haha yeah I know, but it is more aesthetically pleasing in my opinion

Alright man. You do you. My opinions about professionalism aside... your choice of tat looks good. Be safe out there.

To those who point this out as the staff of commerce, I'd like to remind you that in the Army we stick with our mistakes. It's a century old mistake at this point.

OP, I know the pride. I personally don't have cross cannons or King of Battle tatoos - but I've thought about it.

here's the eyes of my tattoos, the dragon was pure white, and the koi had a white circle, surrounded by bright orange, and more orange in the corner. The dots on the top of the dragons head stayed, as well as some of the outlines of the lightning, but it's weird that some of the white stayed and some went away after only about 6 months. The whole eye of the koi is about the size of the last segment of my pinky, but slimmer, if you want to gauge the size of it. The dragon's head is about 1"x1".

Tattoo artist here, I only provide the design to my clients in person on the day of the tattoo. I never send them a sketch prior to the appointment for this very reason. The fact that you're posting their sketch to b just proves how much of a nightmare client you're going to be, picking every aspect of the design apart to suit your needs. My advice is to trust your artist and get what you're given!!

oh wow, thanks for taking the pictures, really gives me an idea of how big this should be. I'll definately have an art consultation with the artist sometime this week.

Btw I think your tat looks great from what I can see so far, regardless of any changes

You're a bad artist then. You're supposed to collaborate with the canvas. You need both of you to be happy with what is on them. You can't just say "Deal with it faggot" about something this permanent. You should trust your artist and give them leeway. But if a nigga doesn't like your work, they should be able to change it or think about it at least. I bet you mostly do flash art and use shitty discount ink. Just because being a shithead usually goes along with doing tattoos poorly. If you're so insecure in your work you can't have a conversation about it, you should do something else or stick to doing poorly translated kanji flash art.

1+

You act like this isn't a Krygistani pottery forum. Faggot.

I think it looks pretty cool, but where are you having it done?

Don't do a spot that's always visible and I think you're good.

It's cool and original and that's good, Id work more on the top and bottom of the pole. It kind of gives an illuminati vibe at the top and an unfinished vibe at the very bottom.

no prob, the pictures I had were shitty in quality, and of the whole things, so I just took them real quick, focusing on the finer detailed areas. When you ask your artist, just say you're worried about the finer detailed areas blending together in the future, since this is your first tattoo and you don't know how your skin will take the ink. And thank you, I know the idea of the koi and the dragon is overdone and cliche, but I was actually born in weebland, and I live in Asia currently, so it's actually got meaning to me haha. Your artist will most likely oblige to your requests, but definitely listen to what they have to say, because they typically know what they're doing, rather than some scrubs on the internet.