Is there anything more pretentious than a VHS mockup for a Netflix show?

Is there anything more pretentious than a VHS mockup for a Netflix show?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jiu0LPeLQPE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

A shitty Netflix series that attempts to pay tribute to groundbreaking eighties cinema, but ultimately establishes nothing new or memorable.

>Is this worn enough?
>Nah man, run it through a washing machine and let it dry, then cover it with stickers, then rip the stickers off, also cut some holes in the plastic. There, perfect. The 80s!

Didn't Beyond the Black Rainbow do that.

That shit looks amazing desu

Isn't it just set in the eighties so people don't have the excuse for cell phones/technology to fix problems?

quite apt that it has the comment 'UH-MA-ZING'. This is the essence of Netflix Original Series Presents Netflix's Redditor Things

I like it.

What pretenses does it have? Being a VHS? you're desperate to hate this thing, do you also use website names as adjectives by any chance?

The funniest part is, theres no way the entire season would fit on one cassette.

>Season 1

VHS didn't come in Seasons. They came in Volumes!! You could only fit so many episodes on a tape they had to be split up!

Now they just need a sticker that says "Be Kind Please Rewind"

How is an inanimate object pretentious? It is what it is you tryhard newfag.

This.
It seems you're mad that people like something and therefore feel the need to shit on anything that is a byproduct of this show.
Its only fitting for a tv show based on 80s movie tropes to cause a fan to produce something like this.

it would fit on a 240m tape in LP

You clearly haven't watched it

ok.

These
OP is a faggot

Stranger things is well made and populair, ofc Sup Forums hates it...

Looks fine to me

How'd they fit the entire season on one VHS tape?

My point is the entire show is a love letter to 80s cinema
The fact that they can't use cell phones to fix shit is a bonus

>no Volume 1

He probably hasn't even owned a VHS.

Point proven

Of nostalgia, also you are as desperate to defend this as he is to hate on it. Denying that the selling point of this show is nostalgia is what i enjoy about you nu-males.

How? How do they bank on nostalgia? Why does everyone that talks shit about this series implies that it's "DUDE REMEMBER THE 80'S: THE SERIES" when the intrigue and screenplay could simply work in any decade especially considering it had such good child actors?

Not the guy you're replying to but I find it funny that if someone has a conflicting opinion to the OP (especially on tv) its automatically regarded as someone posting from reddit... Which to be honest is considered a place where everyone has the same opinion.

Really makes you think huh?

Of course its a selling point. Not the only selling point but one. Why is that a bad thing?

but user, you're a numale too.

>LP

You mean SLP.

Wait, how many gigabytes a VHS tape could hold?

Is there any site to get Stranger Things on VHS? I heard from ppl at my thrift store cafè that VHS have more soul and while not been better in terms of quality surely feel better to watch since the digital signal is completely cold and soulless

Maybe I'm too buzzed but I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Are you saying that I'm from reddit because I disagree with OP or that OP is from reddit because he disagrees with me? Also anytime anyone brings up reddit on Sup Forums I immediately disregard their opinion

>the score
>the promo art
>the scratchy title card
>the lettering on the titles themselves
>the licensed popular 80s music in every episode

Im not siding one way or the other but it was going for nostalgia in its marketing the way Super 8 probably should have.

Is that shoped?

That was production design applied around a period piece, is that banking on nostalgia for you fags? Is barry lyndon banking on 1700's nostalgia?

>barry lyndon
Who?

My point being that the whole reddit thing is a scapegoat to avoid providing an argument. Much like how reddit avoids an argument through down voting.
Tv has become its own hug box of safely shitting on people.

I think it's UH-MA-ZING

Probably some kind of youtuber considering how hipster is

What's the point? The show may be set in the 80s but it did not feel like it was made in the 80s.

House of the Devil did it better.

No, it just had a graphic poster in the 80's style. Anyway, BtBR is a symbolic masterpiece representing the srtuggle between enthropy and generative principle and not some Reddit-normie pastiche of le ebin borrowewed nostalgia for a decade i don't remeber dude lmao

Too bad House of the Devil sucked.

I knew thia show is pretensious as fuck

>Some Youtuber
Look, just because you watch YouTube schlock all day doesn't mean we all do. It's a movie

wtf is the point of this shit? to rack up invisible internet points? besides, there's no way the whole series is gonna fit on one tape, he needs to make the whole box set if he wants my upvote

Not enough jump scares for you?

A lot more than you realise. Did you ever watch techmoans YouTube video about hd vhs?

Not enough quality for me because I actually have good taste.

youtu.be/jiu0LPeLQPE

Because they like making them and showing people?

>how do they bank on nostalgia?

I just told how the thing was marketed very differently to another recent production, Super 8, which was also a period piece inspired by the same films.

>I actually have good taste
That's a nice joke

>It's another "I don't know what pretentious means" thread

Can we all just agree to report this thread and start over again?

I'll report you to YOU'RE MOM!

>Look ma, I used the word nu-male again! I'm learning on the internet!

>Denying that the selling point of this show is nostalgia is what i enjoy about you nu-males.

Nostalgia is a selling point. Why is that bad?

You're just mad because it looks so good

Makes me wonder, what'd it take to get those 8 hours to fit on a single VHS tape?

You tried so hard, bless your heart.

looks like shit, like the VHS doesnt even work anymore. I have a vhs 26 years old that looks better than this

Oh.

There's also 10 hour VHS :^)

>vhs
>pretentious

It's a throwback to 80s movies, set in the 80s and largely feels like it could have actually come out of the 80s. Not surprising a fan made something like that for this specific show. But you already knew all that.

The mood was cool but the movie was shit
Nothing happened
Nothing built tension
It was just watching the girl dick around for a while and then the climax at the end
The atmosphere was cool and felt like 80s, I'll give it that

>UH-MA-ZING
What a FA-GET

better start hoarding those cassettes boys, this is gonna be the new thing

Why are people so nostalgic of the 80s? The worst part is that the same people often hate Thatcher and Reagan.

You guys realize this was fan made right? Right guys?

Oh shit