/christianity/

Christianity general.

Protestants, Catholics, Orthodox, Coptic, Anglicans... all are welcome. But please, try to keep the discussion civilized.

Non-believers are encouraged to participate, but please refrain from ad hominem attacks or retarded "CHECKMATE CHRISTFAGS" tier statements.

Not welcome: atheist shitposters, Christ-hating kikes, arguments without any basis in Scripture, theology, or history

Here's a good topic for discussion: where do you stand on the Papal primacy? Does Matthew 16:18 refer specifically to Peter, or were all the Apostles considered the "rock" of the Church?

Other urls found in this thread:

funnyjunk.com/religion/138825#138825
pastebin.com/xMQ9wAwW
youtube.com/watch?v=8tw7LIykvBw
youtube.com/watch?v=av1uKMJ8X9w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'll bump periodically with images of Christian artwork and architecture,and also useless infographics for those who wish to read up on theology and spirituality.

Cannot hate Christians since having pretty much same values despite of being an atheist.
Just stop being so submissive before muslims ffs.

>tfw no sweet, loyal, devoted Christian girlfriend

I'm torn on the issue. On one hand, we have passages like :
>“The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; the God of my strength, in Him I will trust, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge, my Savior, You save me from violence.”
But we're also told to treat the enemy with humility, and to not worry about this life:
>But I say to you not to resist evil: but if one strike thee on thy right cheek, turn to him also the other

funnyjunk.com/religion/138825#138825

Where do you find a cute and kind Christian guy?

Church.

Death to Jesus

Atheism is the only way.

ebin shitpost m8 :DD

Congrats on turning your back to the religion of your forefathers. Now kindly fuck off out of this thread

>Death to Jesus

Yeah, that's kind of how it works.

Why haven't you homos converted to judaism. Seriously
>Strong ethnocentrism
>Hi IQ
>Big Boobaleched women

Oh god I wish I was circumcised

>basing your religion around what's most likely to get you laid
Are you a SJW too?

come to Norway and visit me ;)

>thinking IQ and ethnocentrism have anything to do with muh dik
Are you sure youre orthodox bro?

Add Endo's Silence to the fiction list.

That is required reading.

>tfw i have one

She is clearly germanic

I can't really stay but here.

pastebin.com/xMQ9wAwW

God bless you all for trying so hard to spread the Word.

Ficki ficki, good thing I got a burka in my closet.
Time to convert this sperm demon, praise Allah

>DR
well if the only german girls not getting enriched by jamal are germanic, i'm game

Sorry, achmed i don't think you recognized that olive green uniform

do you guys like bishop barron's videos?

Exactly this. What do you guys think about the rise of the antichrist? The figs are ripe on the tree...

Regular chruch-attender here.

serious question lads; why are people increasingly reluctant towards christianity when it is a staple of our society?

>His followers killed the roman empire in 1453
What??? Only 1000 years after his death
(ascension to heaven on burak pbh)

Is 'The Orthodox Way' worth a read?

ok

because most people have easy happy go lucky lives and don't see a need to embrace God.

>denying Christ as the messiah and son of god for some beat kike pussy

You guys ever read houllebecque? Atheism is doomed because it doesn't promote propagation of the species. The future belongs to monotheism, but unfortunately Islam is the only current religion that doesn't suffer atheists.

I can never find any good Christian books at the book store. I try to read the Imitation of Christ from sacred-texts, but it's just not as good.

>The future belongs to monotheism, but unfortunately Islam is the only current religion that doesn't suffer atheists.
>Implying it has anything to do with suffering a suicidal belief system

In terms of birth rates conservative religious > liberally religious > atheists. Christians on average (most of them in Europe being fairweather Christians with zero interest in the faith) barely have more children than Muslims. Muslims, even in Europe, routinely pump out four children per family.

Christianity might survive in Europe in the same way it survived in the Balkans: as Dhimmi's, with high perversion rates to Islam due to systematic oppression.

tl;dr: Post-modernism.

>Christianity general.

How about you fuck off our board, Christfag?

>Here's a good topic for discussion

No, it isn't, go to Sup Forums to discuss retarded topics like that.

Go be triggered at /leftypol/, window-lickers.

That image perfectly sums up everything that is wrong with Christianity and other religions that pander to poor and miserable people.

The prospect of greater reward in heaven over earthly virtue for its own sake is a doctrine only the ignoble could honestly follow, for they do not know any better.

Has nothing to do with being triggered. Has everything to do with not being a Sup Forumstier topic. Discussing the meaning of some bible verse is as offtopic as discussing the meaning of some quran verse.

You Christfags don't have any place but Sup Forums on Sup Forums. Discuss your religious bullshit there.

>You Christfags don't have any place but Sup Forums on Sup Forums
You mean /x/

>newfag outed

See here's the thing, if you had been around for long, you would know that the christian threads popping up constantly is a new situation.

For years there was MAYBE a handful of christian threads per month, and they were usually all made by the same name/avatarfag, so they were quite distinctive.

Even your insults are telling people to go back to a place that has not existed for very long in relation to Sup Forums.

You might be able to grift a few fellow newcomers into thinking that your hebrew demon means a damn to a board that exists to resist jewry, but you're not fooling anybody who matters.

I completely agree, but this thread is especially cancer. OP literally asks "Does Matthew 16:18 refer specifically to Peter". This is as offboard as can be. OP tries to turn Sup Forums into some kind of Christfaggy chatroom.

> turn back on ancestors
would you say that if you were born 400 years from now?
> 2400 AD
> dont turn your back on your Arabic Muslim heritage!

Jesus was a Jew. Our heritage is paganism and humanism.

It's just spam, it's deliberate, it's to maintain a presence.

My heritage is Catholic nationalism.
You can go and suck odins willy if you want.

>tfw Anglican
Fucking hell could the church of England get anymore cucked

he guys i was hoping you might be able to help me here.
i was born in a fucking mormon familly, but my parents became atheists when i was 14, have been an atheist until i got redpilled. now i have no official religious affiliaten, and i feel the urge to change that, due to me living in the catholic bavaria, catholicism was the most obvious choice, im not entirely sure if catholicism is really the best choice because of cuck franziskus. also, wouldnt it seem kinda weird if i would just out of nowhere go to the Catholic church to get baptised, all my friends went through all the fucking rituals during their chieldhood, i dont really feel like doing all of that stuff (communion, ect.)

No friend, I suggest you convert the the one true and noble religion, Islam. Only do this if you truly mean it though, Allah punishes those with false faith.

Christians and Jews are one in the same, it even says so in the Holy Quran:

[5.51] O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people.

BAPTIST

Kent Hovind

>Not welcome: atheist shitposters,

>implying they won't do anything possible to attack something they don't even think exists

If I could only pick one, I'd have Atheists gassed before Jews. They're the literal scum of the earth, and only enable degeneracy.

that sounds like fucking cancer, im a traditionalist, and im not gonna fucking drink grape juice out of a plastic cup, and call that a christian ritual.

The way I see it, Matthew 5:39 is in the context of Matthew 5:38, which is to take a complete stance against revenge

Basically, do what is just and righteous, never purely for yourself and never for personal revenge or to personally avenge God

Ecclesiastes 7:17 speaks firmly against suicide just for the sake of suicide, if it can be at all prevented by acting

Thanks was looking for this.

I'm Orthodox but Catholics have absolutely insane works of art.

You guys would too bad if you didn't have such weird restrictions on art, it's like you guys have holdovers from the iconoclasm

>I've been a cancerous loser longer than you have.

Wow, you got me there.

christianity is indian
youtube.com/watch?v=8tw7LIykvBw

>Islam :Drink camel urine and Worship a pedo
>True religion

>Here's a good topic for discussion: where do you stand on the Papal primacy? Does Matthew 16:18 refer specifically to Peter, or were all the Apostles considered the "rock" of the Church?

I would like to hear an expand on the previous, while I dont believe in Papal primacy based on the fact that Paul dominated Peter in the Actsm the MTh 16 still reamains unclear, as well as many other things in Synoptical gospels like Hell that is currently UNDER THE EARTH (lk 16).

I cant deny the fact that Johns gospel seems far more logical and theologically superios to Synoptical Gospels

thought anons?

>Catholic family
>Lutheran family
>both super cucked
>worship the progressive spirit and diversity
Christianity is dead anons. The left killed it.

Nah, the leftists and kikes wish they could kill it though.

Atheism is the new religion you stupid piece of faggot trash.

Do you go to church? which one?

Reformed theology. Rituals wont save you, you must be born again

Calvin's theology is what i find most consistent with scripture?

They tried, but in three days he rose again

Why is Left Behind (adults and the kid series) not on there? It's a fantastic read.

What's the most based Christian denomination?

any of the reformed theology (calvinism)
Eph 1:4-10
Romans 8:
John 6:37

>already trying Christianity Generals instead of Catholic ones

Here we go

Why do you care about Francis?
He will step down eventually, it's too much for the old man with such weak life view.
Catholic here, like idc about this current pope, catholics I know are serious people and good people.
Don't let one cuckold change your views because that makes you a cuckold instead make sure to strengthen your views and make sure no one undermines it.
God bless you, hope you will find your way even if it won't be Catholicism.

>Here's a good topic for discussion: where do you stand on the Papal primacy? Does Matthew 16:18 refer specifically to Peter, or were all the Apostles considered the "rock" of the Church?

1Co 10:4 and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ.

St. John Chrysostom often said that the Peter/Rock entendre was to signify that the Church was built on the strength of Peter's confession, not Peter himself. "It is upon Peter's confession of Christ as the true Son of God that the Church is immovably built."

It is also worth nothing that the powers to bind and loose were also given to all of the apostles two chapters later. Mt 18:18 “Assuredly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."

If the pope were to rejoin the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church he would have a role similar to what the Ecumenical Patriarch has now.

SSPX Catholicism

>youtube.com/watch?v=av1uKMJ8X9w

Hey wolfshiem, I've question to you.
Related to my post here.
I don't really share world view with Francis and tend to disregard his opinion most of the time, sometimes I agree with him though.
Anyway, does that make me less Catholic? I try to be a good Catholic and I'm proud of it but his shit sometimes really annoys me, especially how he's sucking ahmeds cock and wouldn't take that Christians family because he found out they were Christians.
Why is undermining our faith?

>civil discussion in a biblethread where arguements are formed from a 2000 year old book that cant stand up to the slightest critique. And results to "le fedora me me" when they catch any type of questioning.

epic dude! Bernie 2016! Feel the bern!

>be 19
>roman catholic
>attend church each week with family
>can't find a devout girlfriend
>tfw

What do I do, anons?

Can i get a good understanding of the reformed theology with The Institutes of the Christian Religion or do i need a more recent book to understand it ?

SSPX is a bunch of heretics, isn't it? I'd suggest FSSP, it's the same thing, but they're aligned with Rome.

>not remaining celibate
A high-maintenance wet hole or the kingdom of heaven, user.

She will come to you user, dont force it. If you will it could be undercover double agent that poses to be traditional qt.

Cry like the rest of us, because literally every man in his 20s at church is doing the same thing you are.

Dress well for the occasion, pray honestly and keep your eyes up to the priest always. Surely someone will catch an eye on you

>Anyway, does that make me less Catholic?

I wouldn't say that you are in any way less Catholic but depending how you disregard him it could be of poor character. Despite his views, he is a man taught and lived in the faith and has much wisdom to say because of it. While I find some of his judgements based on poorly understood facts, it's improper to disregard him without seriously considering his argument or claims as he could be right and still teach us something.

>confirming the user's shitposting
user don't be stupid.

You'll get people shitposting and you'll get solid answers to your questions too.

Roman Catholic vs Eastern Orthodox vs Anglican

Who has the best architecture, art, and tradition?

(Let's ignore the cuckyness and just focus on the ideal state of religion)

Thanks for the advice, anons. I'll just continue praying about it. I guess when God thinks we're ready for it, he'll let us meet the right girl.

God bless.

what in your opinion is the single most powerful argument or piece of evidence that God intervenes in our lives?

I'd say Catholicism for all

Are you the user that attends that comfy church with ~10 parishioners?

How have you been doing?

Arguments, generally, for divine conservation. That's a little more than just intervening though.

I was born Catholic, haven't been to mass in years but I'm thinking of going again

>Only Christian for the women
Don't be a delusional /r9k/ faggot and read Paul. It is BETTER to remain celibate, especially in these dark times.

That it isn't complete suffering.

No that is not me, sorry

I found my qf like this Bro.
Went to church and constantly seen the same girl, asked her how she is and what's her name and that's how it kicked off.
Lovely being with a girl that shares similar views.

Russian Orthodox here. I like the values that the church teaches but the holier than though attitudes of some parishioners get to me. They develop this preachy attitude towards anyone who doesn't get up to their spiritual level that it pushes me away from wanting to attend services. I still believe and attempt to be a good person but it really drives a wedge when they start quoting some random passage they memorized and expect you to know and live by.

I'm Catholic, devout one, I even try sometimes to evangelize people beside internet discussion, fun stuff really, so it's pretty sure that I agree for papal primacy. Bishop of Rome always been the last instance in the matter of faith. Like once St. Augustine said "Roma locuta; causa finita est".
Also, it's really the last thing that divide Church.

I don't know m8, I didn't make it.
Catholic (Latin Rite) and Eastern Orthodox (Byzantine Rite) have the best art and architecture in my opinion.

I'm particularly fond of Latin Rite Catholic Churches that still use old Roman style architecture instead of Gothic. They're usually made of brick or stone like a Roman Catholic church you'd expect, but they usually have rounded domes like you'd see in Byzantine architecture. I wish I had an example to show you.

>ITT: cucktians

Where you from potatobro?